ALL YOU NEED IS ME ! New single (May 19) - details here.

littlecharmer

Girl Least Likely To
All You Need Is Me next single?

I'm just listening again to the Marc Riley show from last night. He plays All You Need Is Me and says something along the lines of "We've just had a new single from Morrissey and now we have a new new single."

Does he know something we don't or is he just assuming it will be a future single due to it be included on the Greastest Hits?

Re: All You Need Is Me next single?

I bloody hope so! I love AYNIM and still find it baffling that it wasn't the lead off single for the Greatest Hits (no disrespect to THPGU but AYNIM is so much stronger) so the thought of it just becoming nothing more than a cast-off song thrown onto a compilation album would be terrible.

I've played AYNIM to non-Moz fans and even they loved it.

It would be a bit silly to put it on his Greatest Hits and not release it as a single, wouldn't it?

I agree, i think it will be the next single May time-ish, followed by "Squeezing" in September time-ish.

It's an exciting year to be a Mozzer fan.

Re: All You Need Is Me...

He'll probably release that as the next single. In multiple formats too.
Of course, only the true fans will buy it. :p

... should have been a single!

If we are to believe that Moz is playing the Wireless Festival then I would assume Decca would put out something around that time. It seems too soon for a new single from a new album so "All You Need Is Me" would make sense.

joey

... should have been a single!

I let my secretary (who I'm not sleeping with) listen to "All You Need Is Me," and she really, really liked it. She's not a Morrissey fan but enjoyed the song.

I agree, I thought it was by far the better of the two unreleased tracks. But again, there may well be a second single. In fact, that may be part of the marketing strategy: release "All You Need Is Me" and play some summer concert festivals and release the new album in September?

Is Kristeen Young's song "No Other God" A bastard sister to AYNIM

How do you figure that?

Sorry, should've said :p

If you're on the UK iTunes store and search for 'Morrissey' and list his most popular songs:

1. That's How People Grow Up
2. First Of The Gang To Die
3. All You Need Is Me
4. Last Of The Famous International Playboys
5. Everyday Is Like Sunday.

Wasn't just making some wild statement! :p

If you're on the UK iTunes store and search for 'Morrissey' and list his most popular songs:

3. All You Need Is Me

Ah, OK. I didn't think you were making a wild statement; I just wasn't sure what you were talking about.

Those downloads are probably all the "true fans" downloading only the two GH tracks that they don't already have. :D I'm actually surprised that iTunes/Decca/whoever didn't make them album-only tracks, like they did for "Lost" on the earlier Best of (at least here in the US).

3. All You Need Is Me

Very interesting! All by word of mouth as usual. As for your, "Wasn't just making some wild statement!" No need to apologize, I make outrageous statements all the time on this board.:)

And how does that obviate the need to apologize? :D

Poor choice of words, I apologize!:) Hehe...

I couldn't get anyone to bite on this on an early post; however I'm very curious about this. Can someone comment on this??? Thanks!

According to 7digital.com, only some of the Greatest Hits tracks were remixed. This is very bizarre, can someone definitively confirm there is a difference between past album versions and the Greatest Hits versions? Thx!

Also, if it is true, I find it very interesting that the ROTT tracks were Remixed. Are we to infer that Moz was ultimately unhappy with Visconti's work? By the choice of producers for his two newest songs on Greatest Hits, and the fact he picked Finn to produce the newest album, it makes one wonder.

From 7digital:

01. First Of The Gang To Die (Remix 2007)
02. In The Future When All's Well (Remixed 2007)
03. I Just Want To See The Boy Happy (Remixed 2007)
04. Irish Blood, English Heart
05. You Have Killed Me (Remix 2007)
06. That's How People Grow Up
07. Everyday Is Like Sunday
08. Redondo Beach (Remixed 2007)
09. Suedehead (Remixed 2007)
10. The Youngest Was The Most Loved (Remixed 2007)
11. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (Remixed 2007)
12. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get (Remixed 2007)
13. All You Need Is Me
14. Let Me Kiss You (Remix 2007)
15. I Have Forgiven Jesus (Remixed 2007)

From 7digital:

01. First Of The Gang To Die (Remix 2007)
02. In The Future When All's Well (Remixed 2007)
03. I Just Want To See The Boy Happy (Remixed 2007)
04. Irish Blood, English Heart
05. You Have Killed Me (Remix 2007)
06. That's How People Grow Up
07. Everyday Is Like Sunday
08. Redondo Beach (Remixed 2007)
09. Suedehead (Remixed 2007)
10. The Youngest Was The Most Loved (Remixed 2007)
11. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (Remixed 2007)
12. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get (Remixed 2007)
13. All You Need Is Me
14. Let Me Kiss You (Remix 2007)
15. I Have Forgiven Jesus (Remixed 2007)

Again, going by what it says on iTunes, 7digital is exactly the same (?), but to my musical ears I can't really tell any major differences. So if any remixing has been done, I'd guess it's more technical than anything to do with changing the actual song...

Back
Top Bottom