"All You Need Is Me" is unquestionably "Children in Pieces"

hmmm... after a quick listen ... the chorus definitely sounds like AYNIM... but not much of the rest of the song... ive only heard them once... so ill keep listening... thanks btw for the songs. i really love the new song... it rocks my socks. Although i love anything Moz does... xoxo

Oy to the vey. Please help this techno-tard: how do I download these tracks? I get to the page but nothing I click has worked. I right-clicked on the links in the message also, no dice. Thank you.

Oy to the vey. Please help this techno-tard: how do I download these tracks? I get to the page but nothing I click has worked. I right-clicked on the links in the message also, no dice. Thank you.

are you letting the page count down, you know where it says wait for x amount of seconds?
If that is as clear as mud, tell me your site of choice and i will upload for you.

There are numbers to the bottom left of the screen that I suspected might be counting down; however, they seemed to freeze. How long should it take, usually?

Oh. Something must be wrong with my computer then: I let it go for 10 minutes or so and nothing happened.

I'm trying again. So far the numbers are "1... 9... 5" Um, shouldn't they be in sequence?

Thank you, Vicar! It worked. I'm listening to Moz as we speak now.

This is a rockin' song, I like it.

I really don't think that this new song is based on Children in Pieces. The tempo, chords, in fact the whole song is different. Interesting nonetheless.

Peter

I really don't think that this new song is based on Children in Pieces. The tempo, chords, in fact the whole song is different. Interesting nonetheless.

Peter

Well, maybe they all sound the same, you know, "verse, chorus, middle 8, break" and all that. :)

OTOH, it's next to impossible to hear the music clearly in in "AYNIM", whereas that's all we have in "CiP".

Well, unquestionably a return to form, whether it's CiP or not.

For my part, it's simplistic to assess output album by album. It's just that the number of vital songs per album has declined. Nothing wrong with that, he's human, and he's been such a profound influence for 25 years that a little slack must be cut. I bought The Smiths on vinyl, that's how old I am. The quality of what's gone before makes us too exacting.

What's important is that he's still capable of something new that stitches to the heritage. My rule of thumb is that if there's a b-side that's better than something on the album, the ball's still rolling. So AYNIM is really good news.

I've posted this here, instead of on the bootleg thread, because I've just listened to both back to back. It's exactly the same song; listen for yourself.

"All You Need Is Me" (thanks to koffinjoe)
"Children in Pieces" (thanks to littlecharmer)

Sorry to say it mate but you are way off. That is definitely not from Children in pieces! I just listened back to back as well. None of those great guitar lix are there and neither is that great build up near the end. What a shame you really got my hopes up as I love the music for Children in pieces. plus the melody is very different.

Hard to hear the music, but I like the vocal melody a lot -- sounds quite "big" as some have mentioned, in the vein of Nobody Loves Us etc. Who wrote it, Jesse, Alain or Boz?

"You're gonna miss me when I'm gone" he sings, followed by great la la la's. TOO RIGHT!

There is a song by The Rodents called "All You Need Is Me" all I heard was a clip but it sounds close to Moz's version, anyone know about this?
Stacy

Back
Top Bottom