"All You Need Is Me" is unquestionably "Children in Pieces"

Well, unquestionably a return to form, whether it's CiP or not.

For my part, it's simplistic to assess output album by album. It's just that the number of vital songs per album has declined. Nothing wrong with that, he's human, and he's been such a profound influence for 25 years that a little slack must be cut. I bought The Smiths on vinyl, that's how old I am. The quality of what's gone before makes us too exacting.

What's important is that he's still capable of something new that stitches to the heritage. My rule of thumb is that if there's a b-side that's better than something on the album, the ball's still rolling. So AYNIM is really good news.

Capable of something new that stitches to the heritage?
Brilliantly expressed!
Completely agree. The post-wilderness albums have indeed been patchy affairs but as long as there are 3 or 4 songs per album session (i.e. including b-sides) which compare well to his best stuff (which there are), it's worth staying on board...

I was looking at the Boz myspace page today (link from his website).

Some interesting news, if I read it right.

Dunno, I'm not a myspace expert. If you go to the profile pointed to on the BB website, it seems to be different to that one. There was something there about him recording b-sides.

Dunno, I'm not a myspace expert. If you go to the profile pointed to on the BB website, it seems to be different to that one. There was something there about him recording b-sides.

Ok, I got it. It'd have been easier if you'd provided a link or copied & pasted the text. The blurb is:

Boz is in Hollywood rehearsing and recording B-sides with the Morrissey band. The lineup for the tour is Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Michael Farrell (keyboards, trumpet), Solomon Walker (bass guitar), Matt Walker (drums).

But it's on a Boz Boorer fan site page, not on what his his real MySpace page. How much stock can we put into this? It's not even clear when it was updated, since it's in the bio section, not a blog entry.

(BTW, the link from Boz's page to MySpace that's cited by ciniglio is in the News entry for 11/21/2006.)

Ok, I got it. It'd have been easier if you'd provided a link or copied & pasted the text. The blurb is:

Boz is in Hollywood rehearsing and recording B-sides with the Morrissey band. The lineup for the tour is Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Michael Farrell (keyboards, trumpet), Solomon Walker (bass guitar), Matt Walker (drums).

But it's on a Boz Boorer fan site page, not on what his his real MySpace page. How much stock can we put into this? It's not even clear when it was updated, since it's in the bio section, not a blog entry.

(BTW, the link from Boz's page to MySpace that's cited by ciniglio is in the News entry for 11/21/2006.)

Thanks for the clarification and links. :D

News entry for 11/21/2006.)

B-sides?!?! don't you need an A-side to go with the B-sides?

Back
Top Bottom