All You Need Is Me 7" large image

Sheridan Whiteside

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
All You Need Is Me - Cover

Not sure if this has already ben posted, but I stumbled across this on the HMV site The release info for All You Need Is Me

Morrissey
Release date: 19-5-2008
Availability: pre-order now
Catalogue Number: 4780964
Label: POLYDOR

track listing
1. All You Need Is Me
2. My Dearest Love

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=807615

Re: All You Need Is Me - Cover

OMG bigger please! He's wearing tight shorts! :horny::guitar:
thanks for the info!

Wow. That's sexy.

Is it just me, or are they getting sexier and sexier? He's slowly emerging out of the water and showing more and more skin with each single :eek: :guitar:

Ohhh. I like your Darwinian take on the progression of album covers. Nice work.

Anyone know Jake's addy? I need to write him a 'Thank You' letter for taking these photos.

NRiTH, you always find a way to make me laugh.

Good spotting, Sheridan Whiteside! Did you email David about this yet?

From what I can see of the tiny pic, the cover is an immense improvement on THPGU, which made him look like an awkward no-neck.

I like how the two titles run together at the hmv site:
All You Need Is Me My Dearest Love

I am wildly curious about My Dearest Love. I'm guessing it will be a tortured or sarcastic song. I can't imagine Moz ever singing a song that bluntly professes affection without any kind of perverse twist.

Oh, I clicked on it, and figured you were taking the piss because it was all of Mozzer's songs.

Well, I'd Love to isn't as tortured as I Am Two People, but it's still a rather tortured song -- "nights I can't bear".

If Moz sings about love, there's always a problem. He can't have the one he wants, nobody loves him, a strange fear grips him, the only way it would work out is if one or both of them were dead...He just can't sing about delightedly and uncomplicatedly romping in a field of daffodils. If he did that, some Monty Pythonesque foot would have to come out of the sky and stomp on one or more lovers. Then all would be right again.

The exception is Skinstorm, but he didn't write that. And he wimped out by altering the lyrics so he didn't have to mention how wet it is when slipping and sliding.

Last edited:

Oh, I clicked on it, and figured you were taking the piss because it was all of Mozzer's songs.
Yes, well, damn PJLM and its frames. :o :D

Well, I'd Love to isn't as tortured as I Am Two People, but it's still a rather tortured song -- "nights I can't bear".

Yes, it's a bit tortured, but as Morrissey love songs go, it's shockingly irony-free.

If Moz sings about love, there's always a problem. He can't have the one he wants, nobody loves him, a strange fear grips him, the only way it would work out is if one or both of them were dead...He just can't sing about delightedly and uncomplicatedly romping in a field of daffodils. If he did that, some Monty Pythonesque foot would have to come out of the sky and stomp on one or more lovers. Then all would be right again.

I just know that there's a classic love song lyricist bottled up in Morrissey somewhere.

Actually in the history of pop music there's very few uncomplicated songs about happy trouble free love. It's just not a very interesting subject for art. Unrequited love and being deserted by the loved one are pretty much standard subjects.

Good spotting, Sheridan Whiteside! Did you email David about this yet?

From what I can see of the tiny pic, the cover is an immense improvement on THPGU, which made him look like an awkward no-neck.

I like how the two titles run together at the hmv site:
All You Need Is Me My Dearest Love

I am wildly curious about My Dearest Love. I'm guessing it will be a tortured or sarcastic song. I can't imagine Moz ever singing a song that bluntly professes affection without any kind of perverse twist.

Mel - Yeah, mailed to David.

Tags
jake photo
Back
Top Bottom