All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. The government should have cared about freedom and security. They don't seem to understand they are the next target. That's the way fascism operates. They are no stupid, they won't tell people "we are shitty fascists". They will hide their deeds under apparently praiseworthy purposes . That's why it's so important to analize the methods and procedures people and organizations use to reach those objectives. There is where fascists give themselves away.
Wait a minute, are you calling for the government to go after fans who didn't buy Morrissey's tickets, and forced him to cancel his tour; or are you just ranting about someone else's right to free speech that does nothing to stop a show?

By the way, fascism is on the right end of the spectrum.

Making your voice heard does not force others to follow, and agree with you. People choose to assimilate, and in the business world, your public profile is of even greater importance when it comes to selling yourself.

Capitalism, baby.

The demise of Britain is never more evident than when public events and gigs like this are not defended by the state in the shape of the police like they used to do. The brits used to be people who never allowed anyone to stop what had already been planned. In the old days a gig like this would have been guarded like the crown jewels to protect free speech and the open society.
But with people like skinny and Charlie the place was bound to become a place where those values are no longer defended and that spells the end of a host of liberties most took for granted. That slippery slope is very slippy and even Bon Jovi knew that something is slippery when wet.
You just quoted Bon Jovi.

You can't be a real person.

Sincerely,
You are mentally ill

I just wanted to make a little note to morrissey in case he was wondering about my position on this as I have been rather quiet lately and I don't want him to think it means that my ardour for him is waning. in fact, quite the opposite is true, moz! I am sorry about the cancellations, of course. I think that is sad business all around. but I love you just as much as ever, babybear. and as far as I'm concerned you can say WHATEVER you want. although none of what you have said has really been anything that would cause me to raise an eyebrow. I remember watching this thing on the antidefamation league once, about how they attack anyone and everything that can be perceived--through fantastically contorted mental excercises involving much imaginative effort--as being racist. and someone showed how this was unskillful in fighting racism, because we should fight it where it actually exists and not waste our efforts on like, some 13 year old kid who has never been exposed to anti-Semitism but has just discovered the word 'kike' and thinks using it makes him sound cool. not that I'm comparing you to a 13 year old who has just discovered the word 'kike', but calling you a racist and acting as though you're a force for racism that needs to be stomped out is just as stupid as if you were to do that to that 13 year old kid. so, that's all I have to say, sweetie pie. I hope you are as well as you can be at this time. what a stupid world we live in huh? and how much harder is it for beloved of the gods non-philistines like us. kisses.

The British police have far better things to do with their time these days, Urbanus.

a bit of pooftery goes a long way luvy boy.hated the programme when I was young but liked when I got older.

Wait a minute, are you calling for the government to go after fans who didn't buy Morrissey's tickets, and forced him to cancel his tour; or are you just ranting about someone else's right to free speech that does nothing to stop a show?

By the way, fascism is on the right end of the spectrum.

Really? I'm sure its the left end of the spectrum too. Fascism isn't only a nazi thing, you know?!

Suing a man for freedom of speech?

What's next, suing your fans for abandoning you?

I welcome Morrissey blowing his pension on frivolous lawsuits. After all, he's had a such a stunning string of legal successes that he's assured victory.

I guess when you don't have a family, or future to invest in, suing perceived enemies becomes a wealthy man's form of collecting expensive silver ware.

I just wanted to make a little note to morrissey in case he was wondering about my position on this as I have been rather quiet lately and I don't want him to think it means that my ardour for him is waning. in fact, quite the opposite is true, moz! I am sorry about the cancellations, of course. I think that is sad business all around. but I love you just as much as ever, babybear. and as far as I'm concerned you can say WHATEVER you want. although none of what you have said has really been anything that would cause me to raise an eyebrow. I remember watching this thing on the antidefamation league once, about how they attack anyone and everything that can be perceived--through fantastically contorted mental excercises involving much imaginative effort--as being racist. and someone showed how this was unskillful in fighting racism, because we should fight it where it actually exists and not waste our efforts on like, some 13 year old kid who has never been exposed to anti-Semitism but has just discovered the word 'kike' and thinks using it makes him sound cool. not that I'm comparing you to a 13 year old who has just discovered the word 'kike', but calling you a racist and acting as though you're a force for racism that needs to be stomped out is just as stupid as if you were to do that to that 13 year old kid. so, that's all I have to say, sweetie pie. I hope you are as well as you can be at this time. what a stupid world we live in huh? and how much harder is it for beloved of the gods non-philistines like us. kisses.
also, Roberto Rossellini said "to perceive evil where it exists is a form of optimism". adding to that I would say "to perceive evil where it doesn't exist is a form of mental and spiritual poverty". (looking at you dave 'hasbeen' Haslam and the 'neverbeen' uncle skinny)

Really? I'm sure its the left end of the spectrum too. Fascism isn't only a nazi thing, you know?!
Fascism as it is defined

There are other forms of dictatorships, but fascism has specific meaning, and is tightly woven into authoritarian nationalism. This isn't controversial.

Speaking out against hate is not fascism. It has nothing to do with it.

You may not like the characterizations, but no one is forcing anyone to feel a certain way. People speak their minds, and the rest of the public has the will to respond as they see fit.

You can't expect Nazis, and other bigots the freedom to show their intolerance, and then demand that others keep quiet about someone else's propaganda.

Morrissey has spread slanderous myths about immigrants, and rape, and has made very little distinction between a minority of a group, and its majority.

"Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce,[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries.[4] Opposed to liberalism, Marxism and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum"

Look at number 3 again you thickwit.
It can be ‘any doctrine’.
It describes you in all your 23,765 latest posts on this website. Fascismo is you.

There's more talk about left wings and right wings on here these days than over at boeing-solo.com

I think Moz's career would be in a much healthier position had he followed his own advice... "World peace is none of your business" ".... kindly keep your nose out".

also, Roberto Rossellini said "to perceive evil where it exists is a form of optimism". adding to that I would say "to perceive evil where it doesn't exist is a form of mental and spiritual poverty". (looking at you dave 'hasbeen' Haslam and the 'neverbeen' uncle skinny)
That's just your opinion.

Stop blaming Haslam. He didn't make Morrissey cancel. Even if it was the reason, that's Morrissey's choice. Haslam doesn't have that power alone.

Public life has always required a diplomatic instinct that some people seem determined to avoid to their own peril. Personally, I think he started to feel bullet proof about his comments, and in that kind of bubble, he felt less of a need to try and be nuanced.

Morrissey has yet to adapt to the social media age where people can expose things that would have been equally as scandalous years before, but were easily buried in the relatively homogenized media world. People who fail to adapt to social change are just embalming themselves before their time.

This is why you have managers. They can help you navigate the ever evolving world of public life, and clue you in on things that you're oblivious too. You only have your self to sell, so you better take that seriously.

You are never bigger than the media, and you are never bigger than the public. No man is an island, and Morrissey has yet to accept that.

That's just your opinion.

Stop blaming Haslam. He didn't make Morrissey cancel. Even if it was the reason, that's Morrissey's choice. Haslam doesn't have that power alone.

Public life has always required a diplomatic instinct that some people seem determined to avoid to their own peril. Personally, I think he started to feel bullet proof about his comments, and in that kind of bubble, he felt less of a need to try and be nuanced.

Morrissey has yet to adapt to the social media age where people can expose things that would have been equally as scandalous years before, but were easily buried in the relatively homogenized media world. People who fail to adapt to social change are just embalming themselves before their time.

This is why you have managers. They can help you navigate the ever evolving world of public life, and clue you in on things that you're oblivious too. You only have your self to sell, so you better take that seriously.

You are never bigger than the media, and you are never bigger than the public. No man is an island, and Morrissey has yet to accept that.
do you really think that if Morrissey knew how this would all turn out that he would've done or said anything differently? I think that's where you're wrong about Morrissey. I don't think he would've done anything differently. because he isn't phoney like that. he's not sly. he doesn't play to the media, tell the public what they want to hear. by saying "you are never bigger than the media and the public" what you are really saying is that authenticity is less important than popularity gained by selling yourself out, and I'm pretty sure Morrissey would disagree wholeheartedly with that, as would I. (love you Morrissey! take care of yourself, sweetie, cause I cant live in this world without you!!)

The Open Letter (John Robb), I believe, echoes the voices of many who now describe themselves as ex-fans. I count myself in that number. What is clear, for me anyway, is that Mr Haslam is indeed riding on the coat tail of Morrissey. Having received extensive coverage, and therefore promotion, he now plans to take his circus on tour. I can hear the tills ringing now. He will no doubt attempt to dress his actions in the clothes of the moral crusade. If that is the case why isn't it free, eh? I smell shite.

Feel the shame Mr Haslam. Feel the shame.

Oh dear.

Mr. Chambers respectfully disagrees.

lFe67L4.png

Well, I know. The italy fascism founded the politically term "fascism". But there is a modern general explanation of "fascism":

Following on from the dimensions proposed by Gentile, some typical elements of fascist currents are shown below, such as

the leader principle,
the totality claim,
the military-oriented party organization
a culturally based, irrational secular replacement religion based on myths, rites and symbols,
a corporate, hierarchical economic organization,
and a totalitarian society modeled on functional hierarchies.

(source: german wikipedia)

The cancellations have absolsutley nothing to do with Dave Haslam. There's no way they would pull a full European tour because of an opposing event in one of the cities. The cancellations must be due to poor ticket sales. Whoever booked the euro tour is a maniac, I went to see Morrissey in Berlin at the tempodrom in 2016 which is a 3,500 seater venue, he did sell it out but only on the week of the gig. Two years later he's playing a 17,000 capacity and the tickets are an extra 25 euros.

The castlefield bowl in Manchester has had a number of gigs take place over the last few weeks with full line ups and the prices range between £35 and £50. Morrissey announces 2 nights with no support at £71. His right wing bull shit probably hasn't helped ticket sales in the UK but I believe he could still sell out two nights at the bowl if he was charging around £50 a ticket.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom