All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
morrissey1991.jpg

Why the f*** did they ban recorders? It would have been great for the crowd to bring some and play along, especially for that bit at the end of 'We'll Let You Know'.

Seeing the amount of bashing that goes on from certain "Morrissey fans" I felt I needed to say something. I understand at the confusion & upset that some people have over gigs being cancelled & misunderstanding Morrissey quotes.

Morrissey is not a racist, he talked about Tommy Robinson & For Britain in terms of "Free Speech" & political correctness. There are things about Islam that need talking about. Halal is slaughter (animals have throats slit & left to bleed out in agony). For Britain said they would have this banned as well as forced marriage of underage girls etc. The members of FB are not Nazis, Anne marie waters was a member of UKIP, her only issue is some of the practises of extreme islam, Morrissey mentioned her because she as stood up & spoke about the concerns others have had but are not allowed to say.

Morrissey hates Trump, loves people of all backgrounds. What he says gets twisted & sometimes it comes out not the way he intended. I've always thought that Moz maybe had a form of autism (like my partner) highly intelligent but can say things off the cuff not realising how others will take it.

Please read and think before you dump him after all these years. You know he's a good person with a good heart. Question everything you read & remember the press in this country lie (look at the grooming scandals & Hillsborough etc).

Seeing the amount of bashing that goes on from certain "Morrissey fans" I felt I needed to say something. I understand at the confusion & upset that some people have over gigs being cancelled & misunderstanding Morrissey quotes.

Morrissey is not a racist, he talked about Tommy Robinson & For Britain in terms of "Free Speech" & political correctness. There are things about Islam that need talking about. Halal is slaughter (animals have throats slit & left to bleed out in agony). For Britain said they would have this banned as well as forced marriage of underage girls etc. The members of FB are not Nazis, Anne marie waters was a member of UKIP, her only issue is some of the practises of extreme islam, Morrissey mentioned her because she as stood up & spoke about the concerns others have had but are not allowed to say.

Morrissey hates Trump, loves people of all backgrounds. What he says gets twisted & sometimes it comes out not the way he intended. I've always thought that Moz maybe had a form of autism (like my partner) highly intelligent but can say things off the cuff not realising how others will take it.

Please read and think before you dump him after all these years. You know he's a good person with a good heart. Question everything you read & remember the press in this country lie (look at the grooming scandals & Hillsborough etc).

Look, I know it must be difficult for you.

Saying Morrissey likes Tommy Robinson and For Britain for their animal policies is like saying members of the KKK join for their comfortable attire.

Morrissey is not a good person. He is bigot, a racist supporter of far-right scumbags, and will do anything for money.

Enjoy what's left of him

even the most devoted will next time think 5 times to buy a ticket, sorry Morrissey this is wrong.
Who are you speaking for certainly not for me. Smiths & Moz fan from 1982 and sadly only saw the Smiths live once Barrowlands lost count many times i have saw Moz live however not enough. This july tour had tickets for 4 gigs however knew all this BS by certain people to spoil an event would always derail a great tour again. First time posting and the people who know best and abuse everyone please do not call me a racist as free speech is important to all. Just on the off chance can someone explain why this site is called Morrissey Solo as to many nasty people with abuse for Moz and many Marr lovers renaming the site be a good idea.

Who are you speaking for certainly not for me. Smiths & Moz fan from 1982 and sadly only saw the Smiths live once Barrowlands lost count many times i have saw Moz live however not enough. This july tour had tickets for 4 gigs however knew all this BS by certain people to spoil an event would always derail a great tour again. First time posting and the people who know best and abuse everyone please do not call me a racist as free speech is important to all. Just on the off chance can someone explain why this site is called Morrissey Solo as to many nasty people with abuse for Moz and many Marr lovers renaming the site be a good idea.

There is one person responsible for 'derailing a great tour', and that's the man who spouted right-wing bollocks, prompting thousands of fans to turn away. Any other explanation is simply wrong.

And let's talk about this free speech thing. It seems that some persons' version of free speech is to demean and abuse people for something they cannot change about themselves, be it skin colour, sexuality, disability. My version of free speech is to call out bigots.

Maybe he looked at the weather forecast being so hot and thought ‘I can’t be arsed, I’d rather get a few tins and watch telly’

I bought a ticket to his Helsinki gig and hated myself for it. Especially since 70 euros is a ridiculous amount for someone who has a f***ing video tape as a support band and isn't exactly The Cure when it comes to the length of the gigs.

A prediction. Very shortly there will be an 'interview' with Morrissey published where he says he's the victim here, and there's been a campaign against him, ignoring the fact that ticket sales were abysmal way before Dave's event was announced. You can count down to it...

A prediction. Very shortly there will be an 'interview' with Morrissey published where he says he's the victim here, and there's been a campaign against him, ignoring the fact that ticket sales were abysmal way before Dave's event was announced. You can count down to it...

Can see that happening, perhaps in a sense Dave Haslam has saved Morrissey from having to admit this!

If he does respond i would like Moz would make a video/statement where he
• Apologises for the cancellations
• References Dave Haslam using his nam(wouldnt be Moz without some catty back chat)
• Admits that the gigs were perhaps poorly times (soon after UK feb tour, summertime, World Cup, high prices)
• Clarifies he is not a racist!
• Apologises again for the cancellation

But, i think your prediction is a lot more likely

Saying Morrissey likes Tommy Robinson and For Britain for their animal policies is like saying members of the KKK join for their comfortable attire.

Morrissey is not a good person. He is bigot, a racist supporter of far-right scumbags, and will do anything for money.

Enjoy what's left of him
skinny get to your bed you have been up all night.

One thing I've noticed is that most people that spread hate about Morrissey online are anti vegan/vegetarianism. They are more concerned with Morrissey not letting them eat a beef burger at his concerts than anything political he has said. They like to call Morrissey racist as it's the only was they can feel superior to him. He is after all a legend.

Thank goodness, we have people who have braincells here

There is one person responsible for 'derailing a great tour', and that's the man who spouted right-wing bollocks, prompting thousands of fans to turn away. Any other explanation is simply wrong.

And let's talk about this free speech thing. It seems that some persons' version of free speech is to demean and abuse people for something they cannot change about themselves, be it skin colour, sexuality, disability. My version of free speech is to call out bigots.
Your consistent in controlling the site at least , answered some questions what about renaming the site please Moz haters, Free speech is for all and if one wishes to be right or left wing or in between thats free speech simple. Stated to a friend last week this BS in Manchester was always going to be toxic. Will be in Manchester next weekend will travel down anyhow for a great weekend.

He just toured, he is charging way too much for tickets, and the casual fan does not care to hear the majority of WPINOYB and LIHS.

Depending which ticket scam site I used I could have paid up to £109 a ticket to see him in my local venue. I saw the Smiths across town yonks for £4.

Of course, that was a long time ago and wasn’t an “event”. Then they were called gigs.

Far more likely I am dead than Moz ever playing those gigs, especially at Castlefield.

I was just musing on the fact you wanted people to take your word about things when you’ve died and returned here twice, and your Third Coming was quite an elaborate tale even sending some worried Solo-ers off into the Stygian depths of the Swedish Ice Hockey leagues. Jesus has quite a following who still hang on his every word, but He only came back from the dead once.

That said, Urbanus, as you know I’m genuinely pleased to see your latest resurrection. Now, if only we could breathe some life into the much missed Irregular Regular.

Enjoy what's left of him

And you are a good person? Do you turn a blind eye to child rape, FGM, terrorism etc.

Has the Muslim grooming gang not been exposed in Bradford yet? I suppose we wouldn't know would we?

It has to be possible to talk about extreme Islam without automatically labelling all Muslims in the same way or being called a Nazi.

Bullshit. Logistics are sorted out first. Save for major travel disruption, this isn’t a credible reason. I prefer to listen to my insider sources in the ticketing business . He simply wasn’t selling.

Enjoy what's left of him
Dear Skinny, please can you post a quote off Morrissey where he said that he likes Tommy Robinson, what he said about TR was, that it was wrong what happened to him, TR was whisked away, found guilty and sentenced quicker than Guy Fawkes ever was, by the way I notice that the cameraman from the BBC who filmed the raid on Cliffs' house was never arrested or the people taking pictures/filming outside court when Rolf Harris appeared, oh let me guess, they don't count because they were white men so it is ok to film them, I await your posting of the Morrissey quote, best regards, Manc Lad

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom