All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fascism in ACTION. :straightface:
By Skinny and his sock puppets, Surface, Cheswick, Stalin etc.
Low class bunch, VERY LOW CLASS of people.:straightface:

HEY... SONNY JIM. They aren't the fascists REMEMBER???? IT'S THE VEGAN.CRO SS WHO ARE THE NAZIS REMEMBER? I think Im going to have to revoke your coloured fonts permissions!! Youre still making us look BAD!!!:head-smack:

SiGnEd
Herr vegan.cro spirit# 1488
screen-shot-2018-04-03-at-14-31-35.png

He just toured, he is charging way too much for tickets, and the casual fan does not care to hear the majority of WPINOYB and LIHS.

WRONG!

So many WRONG comments on here. Opinions are fine, but WRONG comments are just daft.

Oi! DavidK! You just mentioned two of Morrissey's best albums you bloody loon!

WRONG!

So many WRONG comments on here. Opinions are fine, but WRONG comments are just daft.

Oi! DavidK! You just mentioned two of Morrissey's best albums you bloody loon!

He never said the albums were good or bad, just that casual fans don't want to hear them, which is true. I've been to many a Morrissey gig where the majority of people only know the words to the classic singles and some Smiths songs.

This is sad. Bullies won. I can't believe that sinister character Haslam is showing public satisfaction about it. The impunity of fascism is the the oppression of individuality and freedom.

not ok to make racist comments but bullying and rape are ok in Europe. Any remnents of the Europe I dreamt of are gone. They encourage anti racist bullying and forget about their own children.

It's not bullying or rape. Morrissey f***ed himself.

not in the USA or South America. I guarantee we have more diversity in people that pasty faced England and we don't have issues what he said. We just don't get our panties in a twist

What if ...there were logistical problems?

Like what? The fog machine is broken? YouTube clampdown on the pre-show video “show”?

From a logistics standpoint, Morrissey has been able to move his show across continents and oceans in mere days without trouble. To think they can’t set a stage with 3 months notice doesn’t hold water. If we’re going to buy the “logistics” excuse, it comes down to two (possibly) plausible reasons: personnel and/or security.

(Not attacking you - I like your posts)

Last edited:
:rofl: :laughing: I reckon there was no way Uncle Steve was getting on that plane at LAX this time and flying how many days it takes to get to Brittin and those Nazi countries. The end of 2017 he needed the money to pay for the damages to his house because of the LA fires, now he was just being greedy. Hmmm I reckon lets see...stay home in Malibu, ride jet skis, go surfing, and go to Dodger games with John Lydon, Dave Evans, Ozzy, Jack, Kelly, William Michael Albert Broad, lil' Sammy and Herman or get on a plane and go play to some foreigners with their greasy KFC and Burger King fingers wearing Yankee caps and Levis 501's with their middle aged beer guts hanging out. Steve made the right choice inn nn n n nn it m8.

The shows in Mankchester were not "homecomings". Uncle Steve was born in Moz Angeles and I am going to prove it.

Last edited:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Paradoxically, this is good news, folks, for those of us that want to see Morrissey continue his recording and touring career. He has hopefully now realised he can't just say anything he wants to with no consequence. He has offended a huge chunk of his core fan base. His political comments have been idiotic, offensive and ill thought out. He must now either avoid the world of politics and international affairs completely or go and educate himself it, and stop making utterly twattish statements e.g. using phrases such as the 'loony left' and telling the world that the only problems with Israel are that everyone else is jealous.
What a crock of shit.

Morrissey should just do concerts where he stands in front of the audience and says things all the people agree with. All the children will be happy.

Very depressing news indeed.
Firstly,M should have played the gigs and not given in.Poor show.

Secondly, I am sick to the back teeth of the intolerance of the left to allow other points of view.
What has happened to reasoned debate and argument?

These witch hunts (be it for "sexual harassment" or "racism")
are a VERY bad thing.

Sad day.
They're not interested in debate. If you have no facts to back up your statements a debate would be a foolish enterprise. Best stick to shouting people down, calling them far right, whatever that means nowadays. They will lose in the end. This hysteria can't last

It is pretty narrowminded, isn't it. To expect your idol to reflect your value system.
Narrow minded is what it's all about. A narrow mind has only so much room and very little space for nuanced argument. A narrow mind is a Skinny mind.

smiths-inverness-011085.jpg
morrissey1991.jpg

and I still had change for a veggie vindaloo and a yard of Scrumpy’s

Moz can only return to former glory if he does 3 things:
1. Change his band and songwriters. They've been great but it is time to move on.
2. Shut his mouth except when singing and eating/drinking/slobbering all over his partner.
3. Make a great record.
There's a chance for number 3 but not 1 and 2, me reckons.
ACTON...agree. But the only chance for number 3, is for number 1 to take place. Except Walker. Keep Walker.

Be well...

Very depressing news indeed.
Firstly,M should have played the gigs and not given in.Poor show.

Secondly, I am sick to the back teeth of the intolerance of the left to allow other points of view.
What has happened to reasoned debate and argument?

These witch hunts (be it for "sexual harassment" or "racism")
are a VERY bad thing.

Sad day.

The entire idea of associating Morrissey's comments with "tolerance," and then demanding it in return is a bit rich.

Morrissey's own fans are the reason for the low ticket sales, and not anyone else. They have a right to speak with their wallet. Morrissey doesn't make money off some large conservative demographic.

Conservative minded people always seem to think that they're the only ones who have a right to free speech.

They can call for the shunning, and marginalization of groups of people; yet if someone wants to do the same to them, it suddenly becomes a civil rights issue.

It's an undignified form of whinging.

He should never had arranged the other UK gigs. It should have been one night at Castlefield and thats it.
I heard reports thats whilst there were tickets still available, Castlefield was close to a sell out, reduce that by having it on one night, there we go.
One thing that grinds me is seeing Haslam on Twitter, obviously grinning cheek to cheek, stating how he ‘sympathises with Morrissey fans’ over the cancellation.
What a load of shite, he couldnt give a f***! He will soon keep quiet after this, waiting for Morrissey to return, he pretty much states that in his tweet, which I found weirdly obsessive and massively self righteous.
Surely there are bigger fish to fry than a ageing pop star with the odd uncomfortable opinion. Apparently not.
But, 100 years down the road, people will still talk about ‘The Queen Is Dead’ or ‘Viva Hate’ i reckon, how many of Haslams books will have the same power, I don’t know...

Back
Top Bottom