All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
You misspelled " where the public haven't heard of Tommy Robinson" , you barrel scraping racist apologist.
Pit pony, go find some beaver to bang. You are even more irrelevant than the 1980’s DJ, and that’s saying something. Racist. :rolleyes:

They should free Tommy...

Why? He pleaded guilty to a crime that he was warned by a judge not to repeat.

But I'm firmly of the opinion that Morrissey's support for the fascist wife-beater was the last straw for an awful lot of people.

Those of you saying he may not have had a choice, he had a choice not to spout the bile that stopped fans wanting to but tickets didn’t he?

He thinks he’s is above reproach....he isn’t.

Not that he will care in the slightest, he really doesn’t give two f***s about his fans does he. But he has lost a long standing fan here. I’ve been seeing him live since 1992, I won’t be going to another.

Leeds was utter shit, the most miserable set list with thousands of middle aged swayers, I was hoping he’d redeem himself at castlefield bowl, such a perfect venue for him in his hometown. But he’s so far up he’s own arse that he can’t see that he’s systematically destroying any credibility he once had.

Sad times.

Agreed on Leeds. I went because I bought the tickets before the whole Spiegel interview fiasco. It was just a dreadful gig. The concert-goers just seemed so much more hostile. As I've said in previous posts, I predicted to my girlfriend when we were queueing up that a certain group of people were going to kick off, and they proved me right by starting fights at the front of the gig.

Then, there were the other blokes starting fights with women, some of them clearly teenage girls. Several people got dragged out by security for their dangerous and aggressive behaviour.

Finally, as has become common at Morrissey gigs in recent years, there were people there who just didn't know the songs. This isn't an inherently bad thing in itself, but it just takes away from the atmosphere when everyone around you is stood still, not singing because they don't know the music. Of course, this wasn't helped by Morrissey's pretty poor set, and his heavy handed band butchering Smiths songs yet again.

You know that line about 'your royalties buy you luxuries, but, oh, the squalor of the mind'? Well, it's come to pass hasn't it?

His money has allowed him the isolation he so dreamed of on the way up, where he had to deal with many people. And now, his isolation, cosseted by people who only tell him what he wants to hear, has backfired, because he genuinely thought his thought process was the same as everyone else's, because no one told him it wasn't. His money has allowed him to become the person he always wanted to be before he had money - an immigrant-hating misanthrope.

But money changes everything, or does it? Do you think because this has hit his wallet hard, he'll change? Any recanting at this stage would be mere opportunist careerism - but, hey, why change the habits of a lifetime?
You scare me more than Jarrod. :mad:

Apart from the Manchester gigs (which, let's be honest, were always going to be cancelled - 16,000 was wildly over-optimistic), weren't all the other European dates selling slowly but well enough to go ahead? Or is that not the case?

lol

Agreed on Leeds. I went because I bought the tickets before the whole Spiegel interview fiasco. It was just a dreadful gig. The concert-goers just seemed so much more hostile. As I've said in previous posts, I predicted to my girlfriend when we were queueing up that a certain group of people were going to kick off, and they proved me right by starting fights at the front of the gig.

Then, there were the other blokes starting fights with women, some of them clearly teenage girls. Several people got dragged out by security for their dangerous and aggressive behaviour.

Finally, as has become common at Morrissey gigs in recent years, there were people there who just didn't know the songs. This isn't an inherently bad thing in itself, but it just takes away from the atmosphere when everyone around you is stood still, not singing because they don't know the music. Of course, this wasn't helped by Morrissey's pretty poor set, and his heavy handed band butchering Smiths songs yet again.

Only time I've been to Leeds, a large fight broke out in a pub and by fight, I mean a brutal fight.

UK is way to hostile and environment anyway. Sad news though.

Yep had tickets for the Manchester gig, was taking my daughter as she doesn't get the shite he spouts.

Were you going to the Edinburgh gig?
But you’re willing to expose her to “ the spite he spouts”,? nah, couldn’t talk my wife into another moz gig so soon after the Dublin gig, just as well now

Apart from the Manchester gigs (which, let's be honest, were always going to be cancelled), weren't all the other European dates selling slowly but well enough to go ahead? Or is that not the case?

You really think a guy who walked off stage during the first song at Liverpool after getting a glancing blow from a bottle, the same guy who cancelled a gig in California because it was 'too cold', is thick-skinned enough to take all of these poor sales?

The thing is with Morrissey, he has got far too much hubris for his own good. He thinks he can do or say anything and get away with it, but when it comes back to bite him in a way that negatively impacts his bank account he does anything but blame himself.

I think Morrissey seriously needs to sit himself down, do some self-reflection and really consider who or what he actually is, because at this point, many of us (former) die hard fans are clueless. I think it's a really sad reflection on him that he insulates himself with yes men, such as his nephew and Peter Katsis, and that some of his more recent newer fans are f***ing right wing lunatics like vegan.cro. These people were never f***ing Morrissey fans. They're just pretending to like him because he's the only who made the ill-judged decision to entertain them in his pursuit for more money and attention.

Only time I've been to Leeds, a large fight broke out in a pub and by fight, I mean a brutal fight.

I've always enjoyed my self in Leeds. It's a beautiful city and it has a lot going for it. I enjoyed Morrissey the first time I saw him in Leeds, but the February 2018 gig was just awful.

But you’re willing to expose her to “ the spite he spouts”,? nah, couldn’t talk my wife into another moz gig so soon after the Dublin gig, just as well now
No just to the songs she loves, she doesn’t really read the news at her age or websites like this. If you came across his songs nowadays and there was no internet, why wouldn’t you like his stuff? Well that’s what it’s like for her.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom