All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Dave's miscalculated here, he was expecting to put Morrissey in the direct line of fire, but Moz has pulled the plug,...Oh Dear...., So who's in the firing line now, big bad Dave himself, genuine guy mind,...Ex Hacienda DJ, :laughing:
so hope all the members on this site support him as well

The people you so religiously defend would gang rape your sister then gleefully chop you up with machetes and put you in a kebab.

Then walk away laughing.

Remember that.

That's how appreciative they are of people like you, whiteboy.

We volunteer you for the chopping line then.

I am happy with free speech, thought and expression.

You are happy with using the accusation 'racist' as a silencer of all debate.

I haven't silenced you - I couldn't even if I wanted to. I have simply applied a description to you and to Morrissey. So perhaps you could answer my question, please?

Your calling him a fascist but you say he should hunt down racists? Do you know what fascist is? Being a fascist is being a far right wing nationalistic, meaning they don’t want any impurity of there country.
Skinnyhead was so kind to provide us with a dictionary entry for fascism earlier in this thread: The intolerance to any ideas bar your own. That's exactly how I would describe him. Just look at any of his last 12,342 posts here.

The takedown campaigns of the SNS era -- there are countless examples. I say campaign, because like a military campaign, it doesn't stop until some tangible defeat is secured. So yes, Morrissey's own mouth orchestrated his own internet-staged downfall. Totally Morrissey's own fault.
But I don't believe his comments and beliefs will be regarded as that despicable in hindsight (though as I've said on here many times, the Norway massacre blurb crossed the line for me. The rest of it is "out of touch old uncle" level IMO.)

Campaign? What campaign? He said all that shit with his own mouth. He did it first. Who else do you think is to blame when thousands turn away, disgusted?

The takedown campaigns of the SNS era -- there are countless examples. I say campaign, because like a military campaign, it doesn't stop until some tangible defeat is secured. So yes, Morrissey's own mouth orchestrated his own internet-staged downfall. Totally Morrissey's own fault.
But I don't believe his comments and beliefs will be regarded as that despicable in hindsight (though as I've said on here many times, the Norway massacre blurb crossed the line for me. The rest of it is "out of touch old uncle" level IMO.)

Well yes. There's one person and only one person responsible for this whole debacle.

If it is sold out...
she said it held two thousand I went onto their website and the capacity is two thousand two hundred.i never said anything about it being sold out or otherwise.check your facts.

Fair play tbh, however can a ask is so pissed off why even be bothered commenting, tour wrecked and no matter what is said on here by Moz haters like this site is, why not let the ones who want to see and love and be inspired by him enjoy. 4time now please rename the site for your 14k folowers MOZ HATERS

Overall its really pissed me off the tour being cancelled, its cost me a bit of money and no doubt others a lot of money in hotels, travel etc. Dave Haslam has had a field day out of this, and I think this is deffo why the tour is cancelled, I just wanted to go to the gigs, Morrissey has great talent, his views are his views, and he's still the best lyricist to come from Manchester, so now because of his views people have stepped in to condemn him, and ruin what would of been a great tour. I don't think Morrissey will play in Manchester again, which is sad.

Skinnyhead was so kind to provide us with a dictionary entry for fascism earlier in this thread: The intolerance to any ideas bar your own. That's exactly how I would describe him. Just look at any of his last 12,342 posts here.
Thewlis a bit off topic but was it you that posted that quando was going under the scalpel.if it was you,how is he.

I would argue that the social media aspect is just democracy in action, the kind where people can affect things in a direct way. The likes of Tommy Robinson and Morrissey can put their ideas forward and people will respond in kind. If the response is firmly in favour for or against it doesn't mean it's orchestrated or a campaign, it's just that generally people will fall on one side or another and one side generally wins.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom