All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy for Moz that he proved a point and was proven right. No one in the last 30 years have stated things like him only to be proven right by the people claiming he is wrong then making a fool of themselves by behaving in a way that shows their true identity.
This is one of Moz's greatest moments in history and he is so in control he doesn't even have to tour or play any gigs.

This is a sad situation for anyone who got tickets or was due to be involved with working on the tour. I wasn't going due to work and distance of the shows but I did see Morrissey in London this year and he was superb. I agree with most of Morrissey's views but definitely not all. However this campaign of hatred towards him is utterly ridiculous and is run by people so obsessed with M they cannot speak without mentioning Morrissey. I thought I was obsessed listening to M literally every day but these people that claim to 'hate' M have nothing going on in their heads apart from planning hatful ways to get attention from M - I assume being a loyal fan didn't get them the attention they so desperately wanted. Had I been going to the Manchester gigs I would have been worried about these obsessive 'haters' ruining it or kicking off at M fans. The whole situation seems to have escalated out of control (feed by the media and social media obviously), they probably couldn't get insurance for the gigs anymore. I hope Morrissey is ok.

This is a sad situation for anyone who got tickets or was due to be involved with working on the tour. I wasn't going due to work and distance of the shows but I did see Morrissey in London this year and he was superb. I agree with most of Morrissey's views but definitely not all. However this campaign of hatred towards him is utterly ridiculous and is run by people so obsessed with M they cannot speak without mentioning Morrissey. I thought I was obsessed listening to M literally every day but these people that claim to 'hate' M have nothing going on in their heads apart from planning hatful ways to get attention from M - I assume being a loyal fan didn't get them the attention they so desperately wanted. Had I been going to the Manchester gigs I would have been worried about these obsessive 'haters' ruining it or kicking off at M fans. The whole situation seems to have escalated out of control (feed by the media and social media obviously), they probably couldn't get insurance for the gigs anymore. I hope Morrissey is ok.

Posting that comment again I see.

he is welcome in the USA, we don't go into a rage over a few words. Europe is going backwards in time. There is no hope, you have erased 200 years of enlightnment.

USA a country that has withdrawn human rights, has miliions starving,, has children in cages, has the most unintelligible and unintelligent president in human history.

As backward as Europe gets it will always be light years ahead of America

Get a job FFS. JFC all these unemployed dorks trolling the site of a fing singer, A SINGER
they profess to hate. L-O-S-E-R-S! Lets HARASS MOZ because HE DOESNT LIKE COMMIES whawah :baby::baby:
LOL what a TWAT LOT
FOR SURE>:rolleyes:

this one with the "Stalin" LOLdoh:What a moron would call himself Stalin? (lol rhetorical)

that idiot Surface is probably emailing Skinny and asking him : 'Master did I do good did I do good"?

I remember a journo at the 'Melody Maker' writing once that "....Morrissey could go on stage in blackface wearing a dreadlock wig singing 'Here Come De Lilt Man' and his fans would still defend him".

No lie, I would pay DAMN good money to see Morrissey rock up on stage like that! :lbf:

How you have changed over time here. My nazi school is still open for volunteers.

Do I owe you something? Do you think I must follow some kind of editorial line of thought to fulfill your expectations? Unlike you, I'm the same person here.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/29/morrissey-pulls-out-of-concerts-amid-racism-row

Well, this is terrible. This is police of thought at its best. The problem with people who don't pay attention to this kind of situations is they may be the next victims if they don't think in the way they are supposed to think, or if they decide to change their opinions about some topics.

Fascism in ACTION. :straightface:
By Skinny and his sock puppets, Surface, Cheswick, Stalin etc.
Low class bunch, VERY LOW CLASS of people.:straightface:

Do I owe you something? Do you think I must follow some kind of editorial line of thought to fulfill your expectations? Unlike you, I'm the same person here.

Awww. C'mon please make up soon. It would be terrible if Morrissey's misfortune were to drive a wedge between different strands of weirdo fascism.

Morrissey seems to be over...I know it's over....unless...

1 - He disappears for 4 months.

2 - Makes huge comeback in Mexico with a brand new set list spanning most oh his catalogue without a trace of the last two albums bar I wish you lonely. Plays average of 5 yo 6 Smiths songs per night.

3 - Shuts up his mouth in-between songs unless it's the old witty Moz we all loved without ANY reference to politics other than animal cruelty. But no MEAT IS MURDER on the setlist.

6 - Tours the Worlds with this renewed se-tlist + who knows a renewed band . Maybe bringing back old collaborators or a totally new line-up with another multicultural band.

7 - Releases a totally apolitical album at the beginning of 2019 with lots of nice ballads and pop tunes, with great witty lyrics.

8 - Does a huge interview admitting he has said strange things but that now he's only interested in singing about how lonely he is cause that's what matters.

9 - Releases great b-sides.

10 - Tours again.

Morrissey has done a very good thing and made a very wise decision by, effectively, eliminating/kicking out weak, wilting, weepy, soy-drenched bozos like the author of that blog post from his fan base.

I agree. I've read a few 'mozza the racist' blogs they are all very one sided and alarmist.
I think this 'fan' is just your average indie fan the type of person is what make up most of the music press and media in the UK they are as bad as The Daily Mail and The Sun types.
Morrissey was never indie in the way people wanted him to be indie and that was the issue at first its charged into something now harsher.
There are only two blogs I've read recently that I've agreed with one I can't find the link for and this one that I saw on a friend's fb page.
This one is a convoluted read but more realistic than the others. I quite like he /she adds some back ground.
It changed my mind about a few things, after reading I don't think mozza is quite as bad again
I agree he needs a new band though
https://dailydiarist.wordpress.com/2018/06/26/operation-snide/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom