all things punk/hardcore

It depends where you are though. I go to school in London, I'm the only kid in the 2000 person school who likes punk and hardcore. And people take the piss out of me for it a lot. I start conversations with people wearing t-shirts/patches for a band I like.

Maybe you're right. It seems to be though (having lived in or around London my whole life) that the number of people who dress like punks or hxc or metal kids has drastically increased from when I was your age. But being older and pretty much out of the scene, I can't tell if they're just poseurs or whether they like the music.

It's nice to hear that people still make friends because of the scene. Most of my friends during my teenage years, I found by randomly meeting in the street or at parties and noticing their Agnositc Front shirt or whatever :)

Also, don't listen to us lot, we're all old and jaded. :D

i just sent a link to this thread to Melissa, the singer of wage of sin. she said she will try an set up a reunion for the bowery show...

agreed!:D

Last edited:
Maybe you're right. It seems to be though (having lived in or around London my whole life) that the number of people who dress like punks or hxc or metal kids has drastically increased from when I was your age. But being older and pretty much out of the scene, I can't tell if they're just poseurs or whether they like the music.

It's nice to hear that people still make friends because of the scene. Most of my friends during my teenage years, I found by randomly meeting in the street or at parties and noticing their Agnositc Front shirt or whatever :)

There are people who are fakes and just pretend to like the music or whatever, but I'd say most people genuinely do. Or they're just really good actors. The last friend I made it was because he noticed I had a Citizen Fish patch on my jacket, so yeah, it still goes on. :)

There are people who are fakes and just pretend to like the music or whatever, but I'd say most people genuinely do. Or they're just really good actors. The last friend I made it was because he noticed I had a Citizen Fish patch on my jacket, so yeah, it still goes on. :)

Cool :)

Do you remember the band 'Unity'? More medodic than hardcore I guess, but they were excellent.

where were they from?

hey skinner...
this weekend.
CONCR​ETE REALI​TY, FORCE​ FED, FREE SPIRI​T, THOUG​HT CRUSA​DE, STEP FORWA​RD
DOORS​ AT 5 AT THE MOOSE​ LODGE​ 127 E. State​ St.
Doyle​stown​,​ Penns​ylvan​ia 18901​

hahaa

So Cal or OC. The singer went on to be in Unifrom Choice and the others formed Ignite. Their album Blood Days is great.

So Cal or OC. The singer went on to be in Unifrom Choice and the others formed Ignite. Their album Blood Days is great.

oh yea of course haha hence my "screaming for a change" mention earlier.
i dont think ive ever heard unity though.

so i guess i'm not really into punk sounding bands, but more hardcore punk or i guess political hardcore... whatever...f*** a classification.

bands i like:
xchokeholdx, left for dead, reversal of man, trial, unbroken, refused, xomega manx, gather, 7 generations, union of uranus, frail, his hero is gone, acrid, catharsis, requiem, etc...

i also really like mid to late 90s emo/screamo. (portraits of past, swing kids, moss icon, etc...) some of the 2nd wave(orchid, funeral diner, ampere, wolves, etc...)
europe still has a really good scene going for these kind of bands, unlike america who turned this type of music into rubbish.

munchybrain:

you should check out this label, you might be into some of the bands and will be stoked on their politics
http://www.stonehengerecords.com/

the two autonomie 7' comps are a good intro to the bands. the first comp was a benefit for fnb and the second for bonaventure(an anarchist school in france)...not sure if its still around.

munchybrain:

you should check out this label, you might be into some of the bands and will be stoked on their politics
http://www.stonehengerecords.com/

the two autonomie 7' comps are a good intro to the bands. the first comp was a benefit for fnb and the second for bonaventure(an anarchist school in france)...not sure if its still around.

Nice, I've heard of a couple of the bands on there, and they're good, so I'll check out more. Thanks for the tip. :)

P.S. Moss Icon are awesome.

I can't deny it, but I love the energy of Youth of Today.

I remember I read a zine years ago that said that Porcell broke edge at a Morrissey show in '91. Can anyone confirm or deny this ? If I were to break, that be the way to roll out.

Can't confirm or deny that, but I thought he was still sXe :confused:

Either way, Youth of Today were great. Shelter, not so much, but yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
so i guess i'm not really into punk sounding bands, but more hardcore punk or i guess political hardcore... whatever...f*** a classification.

bands i like:
xchokeholdx, left for dead, reversal of man, trial, unbroken, refused, xomega manx, gather, 7 generations, union of uranus, frail, his hero is gone, acrid, catharsis, requiem, etc...

i also really like mid to late 90s emo/screamo. (portraits of past, swing kids, moss icon, etc...) some of the 2nd wave(orchid, funeral diner, ampere, wolves, etc...)
europe still has a really good scene going for these kind of bands, unlike america who turned this type of music into rubbish.

Forgot about Refused. I think they probably took hardcore as far as it is possible to. Great band.

I feel like I should be posting in this thread, but I dont even know. So over it.

Porcell is definitely still edge, thats about all i got.

f*** life, f*** the scene, and f*** the world.

How the heck do you embed videos ? :mad:
here you go...
[you.tube] [/you.tube]

take the periods in between youtube out

davey is and always has been a good guy. what other person would lend me their bathing suit to go swimming in at the pool party back then,no one except davey! then we got into some deep convo in the hottub ha pics coming later. haha na sike im not posting the pics.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Z1hYhrGdOc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Z1hYhrGdOc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom