All these songs, all these tunes, where are they now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
Believe it or not. Everything that was pulled from the vaults by whomever, was interesting and an enrichment. The stripped down Southpaw versions, the lost Maladjusted tracks, Revelations or even the Michael Legge tapes.

Wiki error? This is a Dolls cover from the first Ringleader single. Not included on Swords. It's a terrible, heavy handed cover, like a fat girl trying to squeeze into a size 3 dress. Bulky, awkward, and hideous to behold.

The thing I don't understand about this thread is that all this arcane information is approached like summoning demons...as though if we get all the song names right and list everything as anally as possible and chant over and over and click our heels together, some of this "lost" material will appear. The fact is half this shit probably doesn't even really exist or of it does it's buried in half-demo form and doesn't surface for a reason.

Can you guys think of one song that was buried for years and when it finally leaked was truly life changing, to the degree that tracks like f***ing Hanratty have been awarded this mythical status? No. OK maybe one or two here and there but here's my point. This motherf***er is about to drop a brand new album of originals.

What does it say about the state of his recent artistic output that rather than whip our cocks out about the imminence of a brand new LP, we're scraping the barrel for recordings of Boz's farts from the Southpaw Grammar sessions?

I think you're losing sight of the rationale of this thread.
I started it with a view to me collating a spreadsheet of Moz tracks, for me, that's all. I asked a question 'can anyone help out?'
It's snowballed because people are interested, want to chip in, & offer help, advice, express views, or whatever, & I'm grateful & happy to have them enter discussion. It does no harm whatsoever.
Some of us/them haven't been on here as long as others. Some of us don't know as much as others.
Re; 'Wiki error?' that was a note to the guy, from me, who seems to be compiling the wiki entry...I was raising a question whether it was an error, or not. Simple. Nothing untoward or disrespectful was intended to his, or anyone else's work.
And, as irritating as you personally might find this thread, it's actually made a pleasant change to discuss music as opposed to all the venom & shit being spewed elsewhere on the forum.

I think you're losing sight of the rationale of this thread.
I started it with a view to me collating a spreadsheet of Moz tracks, for me, that's all. I asked a question 'can anyone help out?'
It's snowballed because people are interested, want to chip in, & offer help, advice, express views, or whatever, & I'm grateful & happy to have them enter discussion. It does no harm whatsoever.
Some of us/them haven't been on here as long as others. Some of us don't know as much as others.
Re; 'Wiki error?' that was a note to the guy, from me, who seems to be compiling the wiki entry...I was raising a question whether it was an error, or not. Simple. Nothing untoward or disrespectful was intended to his, or anyone else's work.
And, as irritating as you personally might find this thread, it's actually made a pleasant change to discuss music as opposed to all the venom & shit being spewed elsewhere on the forum.

Dude it's not irritating. If anything it's amusing. I'm not saying I don't get it...I do.

@Uncleskinny And I thank you for it. I come here since early 1997 and treasures from the vaults have always meant a lot to me. Morrissey was an outstanding artist on record, he was so special and I am thankful for every track from the archives. Essential or gem.

Last edited:
Well, not everyone is as saturated in the stuff as to be disinterested in the old possibilities, rumours, vagaries and the ilk.
Is not the process of curating, collecting and sharing said that come in to real being an acknowledgement that they do have importance?
Not everyone started the information 'race' at the same time as others and who cares if it helps some along on their journey?
I have no issue debating, discussing, researching, sharing etc - especially if it helps bring clarity (or as close as possible - even if 'unsure' is the best answer).
That will involve a lot of old ground, rehashing the minutiae of words, titles and digging through sources with scrutiny - it's not really a chore if the topic interests you.
I've always approached this as a mildly academic hobby and it gets as much of my time as collecting anything would outside the realms of music.
I like all that stuff, debate, unsure, he said x, they said y - it breaks up my day :)
Regards,
FWD.

Well, not everyone is as saturated in the stuff as to be disinterested in the old possibilities, rumours, vagaries and the ilk.
Is not the process of curating, collecting and sharing said that come in to real being an acknowledgement that they do have importance?
Not everyone started the information 'race' at the same time as others and who cares if it helps some along on their journey?
I have no issue debating, discussing, researching, sharing etc - especially if it helps bring clarity (or as close as possible - even if 'unsure' is the best answer).
That will involve a lot of old ground, rehashing the minutiae of words, titles and digging through sources with scrutiny - it's not really a chore if the topic interests you.
I've always approached this as a mildly academic hobby and it gets as much of my time as collecting anything would outside the realms of music.
I like all that stuff, debate, unsure, he said x, they said y - it breaks up my day :)
Regards,
FWD.

I get that. I just think it gets kind of silly at some point...I mean, especially considering very few people who actually come here really know anything about these tracks.

It's like kids sitting up at midnight on Christmas Eve wondering what Santa will bring them when there is really no Santa and they wake up to Dad retching in the bathroom at 5 a.m. and Mom's in a Soma coma until noon

So which of these pieces can most likely exist if we remain realistic? For me, it's just "I know who I love." This finished master has already been heard by several people. I'll be careful of the rest.

P.S.
But Santa, I've been a good boy nearly all my life.

Last edited:
So which of these pieces can most likely exist if we remain realistic? For me, it's just "I know who I love." This finished master has already been heard by several people. I'll be careful of the rest.

P.S.
But Santa, I've been a good boy nearly all my life.

Do you know of anyone who’s heard it other than Simon?

Jonny Bridgwood himself, if that counts. The (ex)musicians from that period surely have all those Maladjusted gems on a cassette or dat.

@Uncleskinny - any information on other tracks that most likely do exist? The rumours about the Maladjusted leftovers and the unused material from the b-sides sessions (England summer 1997) seem to be quite reliable.

Where to start? Tell me about the things that surely exist, if you want to. I know Goddard's, Stephane's and Krix's etc. comments for years but most of it says "rumour has it".

Human Being and Treat Me Like A Human Being are two completely different songs the former being a New York Dolls cover.

According to Johnny Rogan Book Morrissey The Albums the correct title is Sharp Bend, Fast Car, Goodbye.

Is That’s All Right Mama not by Alain Whyte?

Yes, I've just found covers of Human Being in the Ringleader NHS...& Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear (live), & Street Life.

@Uncleskinny - can you answer this re; That’s All Right Mama? Cheers.

@Uncleskinny
Ok, sorry. Goes like this:

Agreeable Civil Servant
Buddy Buried Deeply
Cage Of Marriage
Can't Carry One
I’m Not Worth Hitting
In Control Of Dame Dominance
Me Satisfied
My Name Is Mortimer
Nightmare
The leeches go on removing