"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

43030_42892_All-the-Young-People-Must-Fall-in-Love_1.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
I'm of the number who consider Morrissey to be bisexual, but I think he has certainly incorporated "mystique" around his sexuality from a very early point in his career and still uses it as a selling point.

Johnny Marr, 1984: "Morrissey doesn't participate in sex at the moment (...) he's had a lot of girlfriends in the past, and quite a few men friends as well." Bang goes the aura of mystery :lbf:
Anybody could say that but it doesn't mean it's true. My feeling is that was Morrissey's line, handed to Johnny to feed to the media, to avoid the gay tag right from the start. It's my belief that Morrissey loathes women, and is physically repelled by them. There's ample - fairly explicit - evidence in Autobio and his own lyrics to support that view. I don't see how anyone who liked women could talk about them in that way.

Yes, that is insulting and ridiculous, especially after what must be 10 years+?
And he got a dedication in the Autobiography but no mention of a relationship, whereas Jake was mentioned. Sad, sad, sad and the man must have no self-esteem.
It's Damon I feel sorry for. No wonder he always looks miserable.

Anybody could say that but it doesn't mean it's true. My feeling is that was Morrissey's line, handed to Johnny to feed to the media, to avoid the gay tag right from the start. It's my belief that Morrissey loathes women, and is physically repelled by them. There's ample - fairly explicit - evidence in Autobio and his own lyrics to support that view. I don't see how anyone who liked women could talk about them in that way.

Not sure about that, really. He had at least a couple of girlfriends as a teenager (sayeth Rat Rogan and it was mentioned in his old diary entries), and then, well... it's always been a straightforward case of "I Can Have Both" to me. And I know plenty of (straight) men who insult women left, right and centre and still sleep with them.

“Nobody would think of typing "Noted heterosexual Liam Gallagher" for example,”

But you just did! :rolleyes:

If YOU are the one starting a trend, obviously without realising it, :o there will be a very serious and oh so interesting journalistic discussion about mentioning the sexual preference of ANY person named in an article. :squiffy:

Why not?
Why restrict it to Moz?

With the quality of journalism already at an all time low, it wouldn’t suprise me at all.

Just a reminder that when you think it can’t go any lower, it does.
And I guess the public gets what the journo “thinks” it wants.

Writers, I mean real ones, write about what the public DON’T want to know, what they are hiding away from and what is a taboo.

I hope, ahem.
That would be interesting, and would really emphasize just how silly it is to preface a person's sexuality,
regardless of what it may be- in print. I like that way of thinking.

"And here comes heterosexual but-for-that-one-time-in-college-actor, Willem Dafoe."

Not sure about that, really. He had at least a couple of girlfriends as a teenager (sayeth Rat Rogan and it was mentioned in his old diary entries), and then, well... it's always been a straightforward case of "I Can Have Both" to me. And I know plenty of (straight) men who insult women left, right and centre and still sleep with them.
Think we'll have to agree to disagree there, Amy! I'm putting the early girlfriends down to youthful experimentation and attempting to fit in. Seriously, how could anyone who wrote: 'Honeypots sprawled like open graves' and referred to a woman's pubic area as the 'Bermuda triangle' have any interest in going there himself? And judging from that bizarre, anatomically baffling sex scene in List of the Lost, it suggests he never actually has.

I had to google him. How have I not listened to him before? This is lovely and odd.
“It” doesn’t look like a duck, doesn’t quacks like one and it probably listens to Tomita. :)

Not Judy Garland. :squiffy:
Oh! I didn't know him either, but doesn't he pop up on Morrissey's fabled intro videos? Here's a thing: the opening running motif in Snowflakes are Dancing is the same as the opening melody of Smiler with Knife. Coincidence?

Oh! I didn't know him either, but doesn't he pop up on Morrissey's fabled intro videos? Here's a thing: the opening running motif in Snowflakes are Dancing is the same as the opening melody of Smiler with Knife. Coincidence?
That would explain my lack of familiarity. The last time I caught Morrissey, I showed up right before Lipsynka. As for Smiler with knife, I listened to it approximately twice before abandoning it forever.

That would explain my lack of familiarity. The last time I caught Morrissey, I showed up right before Lipsynka. As for Smiler with knife, I listened to it approximately twice before abandoning it forever.

It just goes to show how much taste and opinions differ as people tend to differ or are in a very different phase or mood.

I love “Smiler With Knife”.
Maybe it was me being a bit obsessive with mortality at the time due to a very dear person to me passing away.

My younger brother and for some reason Moz singing that song was almost like my brother saying the things he couldn’t say when he was still alive.

I!d like to think sometimes he is a medium, passing on the messages that are in the ether flowing around. But that are not received by the recipients.
He doesn’t know himself.

I think many times he is completely empty and to be able to create those great songs, he has to be.
Maybe not with all of them but still a lot.

And there is no one more surprised with the outcome as Moz himself.

I know, all assumptions, but it is just how I perceive it.

What does this even mean?
You can get free artwork off the internet and not pay any money to use it. These look like that. It really reminds me of the art that record labels used to create promo CD's of multiple artist on their label. I have a bunch of them if anyone is interested in buying them. They all feature Morrissey songs.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree there, Amy! I'm putting the early girlfriends down to youthful experimentation and attempting to fit in. Seriously, how could anyone who wrote: 'Honeypots sprawled like open graves' and referred to a woman's pubic area as the 'Bermuda triangle' have any interest in going there himself? And judging from that bizarre, anatomically baffling sex scene in List of the Lost, it suggests he never actually has.

Agree about the girlfriends, I was involved in the gay and drag scene as a teenager and many of the boys had girlfriends before discovering their true selves. It's what was expected and the norm. In fact, one boy at my school dated a cheerleader (quite a score) before becoming Miss Thing of 1981.

And it's not the insults of the female, it's the revulsion.

I don't know how anyone can watch an interview with Morrissey and think he might be into women. David Bowie I can see as bisexual, but not Morrissey. I know he doesn't want to be labeled, I can understand that, but let's be real.

Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.
I mean, I feel sorry for Morrissey's alleged girlfriends but maybe that's how they do it in England. :confused:

I don't know how anyone can watch an interview with Morrissey and think he might be into women. David Bowie I can see as bisexual, but not Morrissey. I know he doesn't want to be labeled, I can understand that, but let's be real.

He's said himself that he was always "attracted to women or men that weren't attracted to me", and that he's had lovers of both sexes. From his own mouth, it's the conclusion I'd come to. Whether or not he was telling the truth when he said that, who knows? But he has always rejected the label of "homosexual" and gone to some lengths to do it, which either makes him bi (which is what I understand "humasexual" to mean), or a liar and coward.

Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.​

"Sexually violent rotation", oh my God :lbf: "the otherwise central zone."​

True about Rufus but not overbearingly so. Whilst quite private about his personal life - aside from family (which is a fantastic story in its own right) - he’s fairly open about his sexuality.

Morrissey, on the other hand, has made a career - off the backs of consumers - out of vague, questionable references and zero ownership of his own reality. His work with the Smiths was pure innuendo. Poetic and inclusive. At this point? He’s a droll, disingenuous cartoon character that - having shunned his past - still expects to cash in on its former brilliance and success. ...using the same old tired schtick, without a hint of effort or responsibility for who he is or what he says as a f***ing human being. ...and free speech is NOT the issue here. The issue is accountability. At this point, he’s unable to muster the balls to own the words that dribble from his own mouth. Early onset, perhaps?

Gay or straight, the only people who’d want to sit down for a meal with him are those willing for weak schilling and unemployed, cut-rate musicians that haven’t heard the news.

Keep it real kiddos. ;)

I’d be delighted to join him for dinner. Happy to consult calendar......

Oh, mine too. I just thought I remembered it from messages posted here (probably). And yes, Smiler is pretty inconsequential but I have a memory for a tune :)

He's said himself that he was always "attracted to women or men that weren't attracted to me", and that he's had lovers of both sexes. From his own mouth, it's the conclusion I'd come to. Whether or not he was telling the truth when he said that, who knows? But he has always rejected the label of "homosexual" and gone to some lengths to do it, which either makes him bi (which is what I understand "humasexual" to mean), or a liar and coward.
Well, call me the devil's advocate, but I'm going for the second option :D I was actually thinking about this the other day. I think Morrissey would not have had the career he's had if he hadn't been such an arse: by which I mean, bitching, ranting, falling out with people, refusing to pay people, lying and obfuscating. It's made him unpredictable and inscrutable and it's that narrative which has helped to hold people's attention all these years. If he'd been a nice guy who made the music he did, I somehow doubt he would have achieved his cult status. I think he understood that from the very beginning - Tony Wilson referred to this in an interview, about how he acted like a big star from the start - and it's one of the main reasons why he didn't want the gay label: because he knew once people had a definitive answer it made him less interesting. That, and his mum, of course. Ah, Catholicism, so much to answer for.

I don't think anyone expects an announcement, but I do think it's sad and a little bit ridiculous the way Damon has to walk two paces behind, carry the bags and stay out of shot wherever they go. He cannot surely think we don't know, so why the circus? An odd and strange game, as you say.
i quite like the way he stays in the background not wanting to be associated as morrisseys partner and becoming a minor celebrity,god knows we have enough z celebs as it is.

i quite like the way he stays in the background not wanting to be associated as morrisseys partner and becoming a minor celebrity,god knows we have enough z celebs as it is.
Well yes, fair point, if he was a hanger-on trying to get celebrity by association that would probably be worse. But it does seem to me like Morrissey wants to sweep him under the rug and that makes me sad, for both of them.

I always detect a whiff of self-loathing with these "I reject labels" types, mixed with (affected) superiority.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom