"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

43030_42892_All-the-Young-People-Must-Fall-in-Love_1.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
His sexuality is his own business to disclose in anyway he wants to or not. Gay people don’t owe fans or consumers any knowledge of there sex life. Gay people even artists are entitled to there privacy just like anyone working at a corporation or even a small business owner who sells rainbow pride t shirts. It’s an individuals choice and right to come out or not and it’s wrong imo to think they should be bullied or shamed into it. Especially for the reason of satisfying consumers
That would be true if he hadn't traded on it relentlessly for decades. It's still his choice, but he can't complain if people want to know, since he stirred up the debate in the first place - and profited handsomely from it.

Last edited:
my sex life is private,its between me and my privates.

That would be true if he hadn't traded on it relentlessly for decades. It's still his choice, but he can't complain if people want to know, since he stirred up the debate in the first place - and profited handsomely from it.

I disagree. All he did was sing about possibly gay characters and support gay public figure. I can't demand his medical records just because he sings about depression, that's his own private business. I can't demand a voting record just because someone sings about politics as there votes are private. I can't really think of a situation where I'll believe that consumers have the right to out someone. Why should an artist who sings with some gay themes owe it to people to reveal there own sexual preference. I would never hear it said to photographer hey I bought this print of a photo you took of two men kissing are you gay. You owe it to me to say yes or no as I've a receipt

I disagree. All he did was sing about possibly gay characters and support gay public figure. I can't demand his medical records just because he sings about depression, that's his own private business. I can't demand a voting record just because someone sings about politics as there votes are private. I can't really think of a situation where I'll believe that consumers have the right to out someone. Why should an artist who sings with some gay themes owe it to people to reveal there own sexual preference. I would never hear it said to photographer hey I bought this print of a photo you took of two men kissing are you gay. You owe it to me to say yes or no as I've a receipt
I'm going to sing songs about racism and killing people for the color of their skin.
And I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me a goddamned Nazi while I do it. That's my business.

Edited to say- I agree that consumers have no right to out someone.
But they do have the right to discuss the implications of art as it pertains to the artist.
In this case, if it looks like a duck and quacks like one, it probably listens to Judy Garland.

That's not what I meant. I'm just pointing out that he stirred the debate and purposely kept the pot boiling over the years, so he can't blame people for being curious. For what it's worth, I despise those militant types who want to out everyone and slagged him off for 'appropriating gay culture' without signing up to the club. But homo-erotic themes, in lyrics and imagery, have been a constant thread running right through his career, and it would be a bit odd if people weren't asking, 'I wonder why that is?'

I do think there is some degree of ridicule by media when artist are openly gay men look at how George Michael and Elton John have been treated. Not sure why this is? It's a pity that people can't just be in love with who they choose without hiding a very basic knowledge. The privacy/ hiding/ denial debate will always follow him unfortunately.

I do think there is some degree of ridicule by media when artist are openly gay men look at how George Michael and Elton John have been treated. Not sure why this is? It's a pity that people can't just be in love with who they choose without hiding a very basic knowledge. The privacy/ hiding/ denial debate will always follow him unfortunately.
To be fair, when you get caught cock wombling in public restrooms the jokes tend to write themselves.
It is irritating when gay gets added before a person's name in any writings about them. Nobody would think of typing "Noted heterosexual Liam Gallagher" for example, so it has always bothered me that if you're gay, you wind up with it as an introductory title. Hell, in life too. "Do you know Joseph?" who? "You know. Gay Joseph."

Last edited:

However, strangely, the media and the majority of people don't care about the Pet Shop Boys or Michael Stipe being gay.

Some gay men in the media are into self parody like Alan Carr - maybe it's a result of pressing the "f*** it" button after years of homophobia or self hate?? I think the prefix gay will be used less in a few generations as we will all be either more accepting or cloned robots

I think fondly of his fans who let precious years of their lives passing by having sex, swallowing his lied sentences on MTV in 1994, "Sex is so tedious". Meanwhile, he had lovers. Never believe someone who say loudly sex is not important. And we saw so many people who looked dejected at his concerts, so many die hard fans who had no sex life.

That's not what I meant. I'm just pointing out that he stirred the debate and purposely kept the pot boiling over the years, so he can't blame people for being curious. For what it's worth, I despise those militant types who want to out everyone and slagged him off for 'appropriating gay culture' without signing up to the club. But homo-erotic themes, in lyrics and imagery, have been a constant thread running right through his career, and it would be a bit odd if people weren't asking, 'I wonder why that is?'

No problem imo in asking but I do take issue when people think they are owed an answer or are justified in being angry when they don’t get one simply because they are consumers of art and music

However, strangely, the media and the majority of people don't care about the Pet Shop Boys or Michael Stipe being gay.
I take your point but too many are ridiculed. It's always a talking point or discussion as even when REM were mega big Stipe's sexuality was discussed in media. Most people of course don't care you're absolutely correct.

In some ways it's admirable that he's always insisted that your sexuality is irrelevant and I agree with him personally but it's only becoming that way because a lot of brave people put themselves on the line over time. Obviously Morrissey realizes that with his homages through record sleeves, songs and his influences.

Just don't include that 'novel' in the good gay things he's done.

The more openly gay public figures we have the less of a big deal it becomes. I think by coming out / using words that are in general usage he could probably do a great deal for young people.

As one out gay celebrity said: “I do think there is value in standing up and being counted … It’s become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true. I’ve also been reminded recently that while as a society we are moving toward greater inclusion and equality for all people, the tide of history only advances when people make themselves fully visible.”

It's 51 years since it was no longer a criminal offence in the UK and many gays around the world would love the freedom to live with and love who they choose. Of course it's up to him but it's becoming an odd strange game. Yes he did discuss a relationship with Jake in his book and of course we don't expect him to tattoo on his forehead "I'm gay"

I'm going to sing songs about racism and killing people for the color of their skin.
And I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me a goddamned Nazi while I do it. That's my business.

Edited to say- I agree that consumers have no right to out someone.
But they do have the right to discuss the implications of art as it pertains to the artist.
In this case, if it looks like a duck and quacks like one, it probably listens to Judy Garland.

“It” doesn’t look like a duck, doesn’t quacks like one and it probably listens to Tomita. :)

Not Judy Garland. :squiffy:

To be fair, when you get caught cock wombling in public restrooms the jokes tend to write themselves.
It is irritating when gay gets added before a person's name in any writings about them. Nobody would think of typing "Noted heterosexual Liam Gallagher" for example, so it has always bothered me that if you're gay, you wind up with it as an introductory title. Hell, in life too. "Do you know Joseph?" who? "You know. Gay Joseph."

“Nobody would think of typing "Noted heterosexual Liam Gallagher" for example,”

But you just did! :rolleyes:

If YOU are the one starting a trend, obviously without realising it, :o there will be a very serious and oh so interesting journalistic discussion about mentioning the sexual preference of ANY person named in an article. :squiffy:

Why not?
Why restrict it to Moz?

With the quality of journalism already at an all time low, it wouldn’t suprise me at all.

Just a reminder that when you think it can’t go any lower, it does.
And I guess the public gets what the journo “thinks” it wants.

Writers, I mean real ones, write about what the public DON’T want to know, what they are hiding away from and what is a taboo.

I hope, ahem.

I'm of the number who consider Morrissey to be bisexual, but I think he has certainly incorporated "mystique" around his sexuality from a very early point in his career and still uses it as a selling point.

Johnny Marr, 1984: "Morrissey doesn't participate in sex at the moment (...) he's had a lot of girlfriends in the past, and quite a few men friends as well." Bang goes the aura of mystery :lbf:

It's 51 years since it was no longer a criminal offence in the UK and many gays around the world would love the freedom to live with and love who they choose. Of course it's up to him but it's becoming an odd strange game. Yes he did discuss a relationship with Jake in his book and of course we don't expect him to tattoo on his forehead "I'm gay"
I don't think anyone expects an announcement, but I do think it's sad and a little bit ridiculous the way Damon has to walk two paces behind, carry the bags and stay out of shot wherever they go. He cannot surely think we don't know, so why the circus? An odd and strange game, as you say.

...but I do think it's sad and a little bit ridiculous the way Damon has to walk two paces behind, carry the bags and stay out of shot wherever they go.

Yes, that is insulting and ridiculous, especially after what must be 10 years+?
And he got a dedication in the Autobiography but no mention of a relationship, whereas Jake was mentioned. Sad, sad, sad and the man must have no self-esteem.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom