"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

43030_42892_All-the-Young-People-Must-Fall-in-Love_1.jpg

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's the font or the flat strip that looks like it was done by a 12 year old having their first crack at using photoshop. Take one example, say Interesting Drug, that's how to put a title on a single.
Interesting Drug has a great sleeve. Playboys is even better.

And Morrissey wonders why the gay question pops up about him . That pic is homosexual as hell. Got Nothing against homosexual people in fact I think Morrissey is homosexual but I don’t think he knows that he is.

The first photo, on the first single, of his first real "band" was a naked man. Their first album cover was Joe Dallesandro, actor and LGBT sex symbol. I think he knows :lbf: he has never really been "in the closet", just likes to play with words.

I imagine he just doesn’t want to seen and labeled as gay. The gay singing in the gay band with the gay artist. He wants to be seen as a person. I was reading a Patrick wolf interview with the guardian from April where he talks about the trappings of the tag by the press and marketing etc

I imagine he just doesn’t want to seen and labeled as gay. The gay singing in the gay band with the gay artist. He wants to be seen as a person. I was reading a Patrick wolf interview with the guardian from April where he talks about the trappings of the tag by the press and marketing etc
It’s certainly Morrissey’s right to be private or not about his sexuality, but I don’t think the general attitude these days is that rigid towards openly gay artists at all. It’s just one facet of many in a person’s life. When I think of Rufus Wainwright, for example, I think of a singer who my wife is a huge fan of, and whose music puts me to sleep. I don’t think of him as a gay artist.

It’s certainly Morrissey’s right to be private or not about his sexuality, but I don’t think the general attitude these days is that rigid towards openly gay artists at all. It’s just one facet of many in a person’s life. When I think of Rufus Wainwright, for example, I think of a singer who my wife is a huge fan of, and whose music puts me to sleep. I don’t think of him as a gay artist.

You might not see him or anyone else that way but a lot of gay artists do complain about this Patrick being one to do so recently. Also when I read an article about Rufus of whom I’m a huge fan of I almost always see a reference somewhere in there about his sexuality in some way

I think you're right, but I also think it's more complicated than that. I have never known an artist sing more intimately and tantalisingly about (gay) sex than Morrissey - Reel Around the Fountain, 'the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat', That Joke Isn't Funny, Lucky Lisp etc etc etc, while telling us he's celibate; then telling us he can 'have both', and that he's 'humasexual'; then there's the torment of I Have Forgiven Jesus and Dear God, and now Israel. The lyrics are outrageously blatant and cleverly covert at the same time. Then there was all the stuff in Autobio about his 'girlfriend', while repeatedly revealing his disgust of women (a theme which also infiltrates his lyrics). And the whole thing is like an epic inner battle with himself, played out over 30 years, in public. Yes, I agree he probably doesn't want to be pinned down but he does seem genuinely conflicted as well.

Last edited:
Yes it's true sexuality is always mentioned when an artist is gay. Not sure why that is in this day and age but it is what it is. However, there are many gay people in parts of the world who would love the freedom to be openly gay without fear or shame. Moz doesn't hide his attraction to men as he alludes to it many times in his autobiography. Just don't think he likes to pigeon hole himself - I just hope its not because on some level he feel ashamed.

Yes it's true sexuality is always mentioned when an artist is gay. Not sure why that is in this day and age but it is what it is. However, there are many gay people in parts of the world who would love the freedom to be openly gay without fear or shame. Moz doesn't hide his attraction to men as he alludes to it many times in his autobiography. Just don't think he likes to pigeon hole himself - I just hope its not because on some level he feel ashamed.

I agree. There’s no really bad choice, or immoral choice I guess, here for the artist just a personal one. Either way an artist chooses to go is fine with pluses and minuses. Personally, and in response to peppermint, I think morrissey has been good at having his cake and eating to and I don’t really see any conflict in this area ( I see an extreme lack of conflict myself ). He can sing about gay people in song after song but still not be a gay artist in fact ( people will of course believe whatever they want to be it celibacy or love for marr etc ). If he came and and was treated as a gay artist it would be questions about parades and other gay artists etc instead of the specific themes presented in his songs

You might not see him or anyone else that way but a lot of gay artists do complain about this Patrick being one to do so recently. Also when I read an article about Rufus of whom I’m a huge fan of I almost always see a reference somewhere in there about his sexuality in some way
True about Rufus but not overbearingly so. Whilst quite private about his personal life - aside from family (which is a fantastic story in its own right) - he’s fairly open about his sexuality.

Morrissey, on the other hand, has made a career - off the backs of consumers - out of vague, questionable references and zero ownership of his own reality. His work with the Smiths was pure innuendo. Poetic and inclusive. At this point? He’s a droll, disingenuous cartoon character that - having shunned his past - still expects to cash in on its former brilliance and success. ...using the same old tired schtick, without a hint of effort or responsibility for who he is or what he says as a f***ing human being. ...and free speech is NOT the issue here. The issue is accountability. At this point, he’s unable to muster the balls to own the words that dribble from his own mouth. Early onset, perhaps?

Gay or straight, the only people who’d want to sit down for a meal with him are those willing for weak schilling and unemployed, cut-rate musicians that haven’t heard the news.

Keep it real kiddos. ;)

True about Rufus but not overbearingly so. Whilst quite private about his personal life - aside from family (which is a fantastic story in its own right) - he’s fairly open about his sexuality.

Morrissey, on the other hand, has made a career - off the backs of consumers - out of vague, questionable references and zero ownership of his own reality. His work with the Smiths was pure innuendo. Poetic and inclusive. At this point? He’s a droll, disingenuous cartoon character that - having shunned his past - still expects to cash in on its former brilliance and success. ...using the same old tired schtick, without a hint of effort or responsibility for who he is or what he says as a f***ing human being. ...and free speech is NOT the issue here. The issue is accountability. At this point, he’s unable to muster the balls to own the words that dribble from his own mouth. Early onset, perhaps?

Gay or straight, the only people who’d want to sit down for a meal with him are those willing for weak schilling and unemployed, cut-rate musicians that haven’t heard the news.

Keep it real kiddos. ;)

His sexuality is his own business to disclose in anyway he wants to or not. Gay people don’t owe fans or consumers any knowledge of there sex life. Gay people even artists are entitled to there privacy just like anyone working at a corporation or even a small business owner who sells rainbow pride t shirts. It’s an individuals choice and right to come out or not and it’s wrong imo to think they should be bullied or shamed into it. Especially for the reason of satisfying consumers

bunch of crashing bores.... :sleeping:

the cover art...'homoerotic' ? :rolleyes: tut.

My first impression was ... HUMAEROTIC.

:p

btw...

GREAT SONG!

...but you already knew that.

:cool:

His sexuality is his own business to disclose in anyway he wants to or not. Gay people don’t owe fans or consumers any knowledge of there sex life. Gay people even artists are entitled to there privacy just like anyone working at a corporation or even a small business owner who sells rainbow pride t shirts. It’s an individuals choice and right to come out or not and it’s wrong imo to think they should be bullied or shamed into it. Especially for the reason of satisfying consumers

Of course he has the right to "disclose" or not but he raises the subject himself. It's a huge part of his persona and has been since the beginning. He seems very obviously gay and unable to admit it and that is why people discuss it. It's not like it matters that much. And you're right to call the people that buy his music "consumers" but by that same reasoning when he talks about his sexuality on record or anywhere else it's a marketing device. As such it's not a personal or private subject and is open for discussion.
You can't have it both ways.
For me personally I don't find Morrissey and sex belong in the same sentence but I do find it pathetic when he pretends to have had a long-time girlfriend that no one ever saw or heard of and meanwhile his every public appearance with a few different men was known to anyone who had the misfortune to visit this website.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom