"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) released (EU Apr 20, UK Jul 6 2018)

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by davidt, May 1, 2018.

By davidt on May 1, 2018 at 4:06 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Released in the UK on July 6, 2018.

"All The Young People Must Fall In Love" (Bob Clearmountain Mix) - 7" clear vinyl was listed for sale at some European sites (post by Famous when dead) and it has been reported people are receiving orders now.

The reported release date on the Fnac site is Apr. 20, 2018, however there have not been any official announcements or mention of UK release.

Tweet posted by an anonymous person (original post):

[​IMG]

Buy on Amazon.co.uk.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by davidt, May 1, 2018.

1. typicalgenius
      typicalgenius
      Your response is a stock internet reply. Nothing interesting and shows no creativity.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. E Scott
      E Scott

Nice fan video
      • Like Like x 4
    3. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      It's choosing and applying that require creativity. All images come from somewhere unless they've been specially commissioned - even the ones Morrissey used for those glorious Smiths covers. I like these - so far they have all been interesting and have a depth and feel which make you want to linger over them.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I tend to think that's just because he didn't bother to write any more words.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    5. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      These covers are getting as homoerotic as the first Smiths single.
      • Like Like x 5
    6. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Yes, and I like it. You at least feel there's some honesty going on, at some level.
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The album is ok.. has good bits, was even better live. But this is his worst single ever..
    8. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Perhaps he is finally becoming able to come to terms with his real self in public. If so, good.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Will anybody upload this to Youtube or will BMG do their f*cking job and get it to Spotify?
    10. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      The cover seems a bit gratuitous and pushing the agenda of the Loony Left.
    11. E Scott
      E Scott
      Gratuitous in what way ? Cuddling and holding hands isn't gratuitous? Guess everyone sensibilities are different.
    12. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      You must hate the Smiths covers!
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      The word "pandering" comes to mind. Also, sarcasm is a lost art.
    14. E Scott
      E Scott
      Moz likes to use images on his covers that appeal to him and as someone who isn't known to aquiesce I can't image him pandering to anyone.
    15. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Image from quote as it doesn't display:
      20180502_141839.jpg

The first image as a whole rather than how it appears wrapped around the record is quite innocent and probably required permission from the FSA to reproduce and certainly wasn't from a 'stock' supplier. I'm not sure how the picture could be placed on the sleeve any other way than front and back. The My Love... image was interesting as it was the first 'stock' (ie Getty) image to be used by Morrissey. Besides Jo & Morrissey's Smith's cover legacy where font, position, colour and image crop were scrutinised meticulously - this image is simply the first one in his catalogue that was chosen from a library of pictures with no particular agenda or story behind it (of the ones that are not of Morrissey himself that is).
      It is probably no more complicated than that. Aligning the use of cover art alongside any other currently perceived Morrissey 'issues' to formulate an argument such as 'lazy cover design is further proof of a decline' is going just a bit too far IMHO, but what do I know :)
      Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: May 2, 2018
      • Like Like x 3
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    16. Famous when dead
    17. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    18. Old Mathew
      Old Mathew
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I think the two boys look more like brothers messing around than lovers anyway. Just look at the similarity of the facial features.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    20. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      They’ll be out in the U.K. before the end of May, for £6.99
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1