"All The Young People..." #2 in UK vinyl singles chart; "Thank You" from Morrissey Central

Good times for a change....

922B2E5B-41ED-4597-8251-1399640B3130.png

Posted by Famous when dead:

All The Young People Must Fall In Love
single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOA!:thumb:

NO 2 WITH A BULLET AND MOZ HAS NO 11 STILL
AFTER MANY WEEKS!! HIP HIPHOORAY!:rock:

What the F? "Substantial gruel", what is this the 15 century FFS:crazy:

It is cited by a couple of chart sites that you need at least 8000+ sales to get in to the top 40 singles (as opposed to the 3-6k needed to get a number 1 vinyl placing).
The 7" has been described as limited to 2000 copies (as per previous releases) and I'm not convinced about that at all. The recent scenario of 2 Morrissey singles in the vinyl chart at the same time couldn't be sustained on 2k copies - so, as suggested before, I'd guess there's about 4-5k copies. As there are no other formats to buy, there's no way it could ever be in the top 40/100 'regular' charts.
Regards,
FWD.

It is cited by a couple of chart sites that you need at least 8000+ sales to get in to the top 40 singles (as opposed to the 3-6k needed to get a number 1 vinyl placing).
The 7" has been described as limited to 2000 copies (as per previous releases) and I'm not convinced about that at all. The recent scenario of 2 Morrissey singles in the vinyl chart at the same time couldn't be sustained on 2k copies - so, as suggested before, I'd guess there's about 4-5k copies. As there are no other formats to buy, there's no way it could ever be in the top 40/100 'regular' charts.
Regards,
FWD.

What about This Is Morrissey? Thought that was released on all formats?

What about This Is Morrissey? Thought that was released on all formats?
Indeed, CD & digital are currently available. The vinyl will do better.
There's no sign of it in this weeks charts and the type of interesting info. like digital charts are split across services - the only info about iTunes sales is coming from France currently (as no other country's store has updated yet):

20180713_210229.jpg

No sign on any form of Google or Amazon chart. Personally, I'd say a mixture of the current climate + people owning most of it already = not enough interest. People might have just been savvy enough to buy the 2 RSD tracks digitally (and/or studio Ripper) if they missed the vinyl and not buy a complete album at all or perhaps want the vinyl only.
No 'apologist' intended.
Regards,
FWD.

All The Young People Must Fall In Love single is number 2 on the Official British Vinyl chart.

Thank you for your support during these dystopian days.

Morrissey
13 July 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/thank-you

A brief post - appearing just as we were discussing chart positions... :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
After the disappointment of last weekend it’s nice to have something to celebrate. And number 2 behind Yellow Submarine, where did I find my copy in HMV ?, hiding behind Yellow Submarine in the vinyl rack !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom