all the lazy dykes

B

broken

Guest
Has a magical feel to it, it's got that "Lifeguard sleeping" atmosphere about it, and a soaring melody. It also makes me want to visit "the Palms" just like "Still Ill" made me want to visit the iron bridge.

So far, it's my favourite song on Quarry, among many contenders

Does anyone know who he is singing about? He said it was a friend of his.
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.
 
B

broken

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

You're just a poseur, pete. It's all about looking "old school."
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> You're just a poseur, pete. It's all about looking "old school."

who is pete?
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> You're just a poseur, pete. It's all about looking "old school."

That argument doesn't stand up at all though Hector because I actually like the album alot just not that particular song, and yes I do actually prefer other Moz albums as awful as that sounds. Do you think you must like each album more than the last Hector regardless of the quality or else you are looking "old school"?
 
B

broken

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

He's a man who posts under a variety of names. He lives here full-time, and enjoys trying to prove he's more of an old-school fan than you are.

Pete stuck scissors under his finger nails as he listened to "Quarry" for the first time, just to ensure he didn't enjoy it.
> who is pete?
 
E

eugenius

Guest
please, no more with the "lazy dykes."

wait, are you still going on about "lazy dykes." broken, if that is your real name, i respect your opinion and all, but even you have to admit that the song ranks at the bottom 20% of his entire catalog -- both smiths and solo. it's an ok song, but it deserves b-side status at best. he's had so many throwaway songs in the past: oh phoney, born to hang, mexico (which has yet to see the official light of day) that are better than this.

be honest, it's no where near the best on "quarry." have you heard "first of the gang yet" or "how can anyone possibly know..?" those are the standout tracks. "lazy dykes" is just album filler -- every one of his albums has had filler -- from the smiths on. it's just a fact.

personally, i just think you enjoy the flap you're brushing up by waving the flag of allegance that you hold for this sub-standard song. no offense, but to call it the best on the album (yes, i'm "old school" i call them albums and i've been a fan since the -- gasp! -- mid-80s).

please, no more with the "lazy dykes."
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

I have never once said I didn't enjoy it Hector, I just don't cream my fucking pants over everything Moz does, I am able to have a rational opinion on his songs. And yes I admit I prefer every Smiths album to any Moz solo album although I put that down to the fact that Marr was a far superior song writer to Boorer, Street, whyte etc rather than any fault of Morrissey. And as for being old school, well I prefer Vauxhall and I to say Viva Hate so that doesn't really fit in with your judgement which frankly is puerile and ill thought out.
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> He's a man who posts under a variety of names. He lives here full-time,
> and enjoys trying to prove he's more of an old-school fan than you are.

> Pete stuck scissors under his finger nails as he listened to
> "Quarry" for the first time, just to ensure he didn't enjoy it.

lol, what's his screen name, he has so many, is he lutewhine too?
annoying little shit
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> lol, what's his screen name, he has so many, is he lutewhine too?
> annoying little shit

Talking to yourself eh Hector/broken/mozzerian/moby/.,.,.,
you cock!
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> Talking to yourself eh Hector/broken/mozzerian/moby/.,.,.,
> you cock!

hector/broken is not moby/mozzerian you hole
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> hector/broken is not moby/mozzerian you hole

but he is .,.,., so he has still been chatting away to himself.
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> but he is .,.,., so he has still been chatting away to himself.

saying it over and over does not make it true, unfortunately for you,
never mind, you lose again
 
A

Alex

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> saying it over and over does not make it true, unfortunately for you,
> never mind, you lose again

But Hector/.,.,.,/broken that is exactly what you do, just repeat yourself over and over. You're like a stuck record, and now you're having to witter on to yourself to pretend that somebody actually agrees with you. And you say I have no mates, the irony of it all, but then you have no sense of irony do you Hector?
 
B

broken

Guest
Re: please, no more with the "lazy dykes."

It's absolutely beautiful, really. That's my honest opinion.

I don't think you could describe it as a "b-side reject" or whatever. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, but yes there are more "immediate" pop moments on Quarry. I love FOTGTD, and have written numerous posts on how amazing HCAPKHIF is! Dykes is gorgeous though

> wait, are you still going on about "lazy dykes." broken, if that
> is your real name, i respect your opinion and all, but even you have to
> admit that the song ranks at the bottom 20% of his entire catalog -- both
> smiths and solo. it's an ok song, but it deserves b-side status at best.
> he's had so many throwaway songs in the past: oh phoney, born to hang,
> mexico (which has yet to see the official light of day) that are better
> than this.

> be honest, it's no where near the best on "quarry." have you
> heard "first of the gang yet" or "how can anyone possibly
> know..?" those are the standout tracks. "lazy dykes" is
> just album filler -- every one of his albums has had filler -- from the
> smiths on. it's just a fact.

> personally, i just think you enjoy the flap you're brushing up by waving
> the flag of allegance that you hold for this sub-standard song. no
> offense, but to call it the best on the album (yes, i'm "old
> school" i call them albums and i've been a fan since the -- gasp! --
> mid-80s).

> please, no more with the "lazy dykes."
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> But Hector/.,.,.,/broken that is exactly what you do, just repeat yourself
> over and over. You're like a stuck record, and now you're having to witter
> on to yourself to pretend that somebody actually agrees with you. And you
> say I have no mates, the irony of it all, but then you have no sense of
> irony do you Hector?

i'm not defending hector/broken you plum, i am telling you not to assume
that someone is moby/mozzerian when they are plainly not, admit you are
just clutching at straws, because you ARE very wrong
 
B

broken

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

He doesn't actually think we're the same person, he's just being childish, trying to make you criticise me to prove you're not me!

I suspect pete takes his chat life very seriously indeed.

> i'm not defending hector/broken you plum, i am telling you not to assume
> that someone is moby/mozzerian when they are plainly not, admit you are
> just clutching at straws, because you ARE very wrong
 
B

Basil

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> i'm not defending hector/broken you plum, i am telling you not to assume
> that someone is moby/mozzerian when they are plainly not, admit you are
> just clutching at straws, because you ARE very wrong

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever you say Hector.
 
?

.,.,.,

Guest
Re: all the lazy dykes is actually utter shit by Moz' high standards.

> He doesn't actually think we're the same person, he's just being childish,
> trying to make you criticise me to prove you're not me!

> I suspect pete takes his chat life very seriously indeed.

hi broken, what are his screen names, here or on the main page, i don't
post there?
 
U

unregistered lazy dyke

Guest
Yes, I like it, too. But it's way too short, feels like half a song.

I wish he would be more explicit, too.

> Has a magical feel to it, it's got that "Lifeguard sleeping"
> atmosphere about it, and a soaring melody. It also makes me want to visit
> "the Palms" just like "Still Ill" made me want to
> visit the iron bridge.

> So far, it's my favourite song on Quarry, among many contenders

> Does anyone know who he is singing about? He said it was a friend of his.
 
Top Bottom