All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a pool, you can have hundreds of people swimming & it just takes one person to pee/crap in the pool to ruin it for everyone. It's disgusting & everyone want to get out. It feels the same way here, I of course noted the get-well comments, but when you have a couple shameless characters polluting the thread it just leaves a really bad impression about this forum & mankind in general.

With mankind in general you are going to run into people you find irritating / offensive, the site mirrors that. You can spend your life complaining and fighting them or you can learn to ignore them and provide something 'positive' yourself.

With mankind in general you are going to run into people you find irritating / offensive, the site mirrors that. You can spend your life complaining and fighting them or you can learn to ignore them and provide something 'positive' yourself.

:thumb:

There's a multitude of examples throughout "mankind" where fighting the offensive IS doing something positive.

There's a multitude of examples throughout "mankind" where fighting the offensive IS doing something positive.

duty_calls.png

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" ~ Evelyn Beatrice Hall (although the phrase is often attributed to Voltaire.)

I'm truly worried about what will happen if his Mum actually dies - God forbid.

Yes, God forbid something might inspire him to write a decent song again...

How much do you want me to pay you to shut this down?? I WOULD RAISE THE MONEY NO MATTER WHAT.

Since I'm one of the people you're fawning over, you can certainly offer me money to stop posting. :lbf:

And now I'm waiting for the old "Why do you come here if you hate it" replies. I come here because I feel the need to speak against the shit that is going on here. Because I love Morrissey and I can't keep quiet if I see what people do to him. Bastards.

I'm sure Morrissey acknowledges and deeply appreciates your vigilance and loyalty to the great crusade of protecting his feelings from the scourge of the internet.

Isn't there something inherently ironic about that post? :)

Not particularly. I don't hold enough emotional stock in what happens on the internet to find something "wrong" with it. It's a source of entertainment for me, and this place in particular always delivers.

Hey man, it's all entertainment, right?

Indeed it is, for me. For you it seems to be about "stopping injustice." Exhibit A:

And personally, I think that - and, more specifically, the fool who's been raving today about paying "all the money he owns" to david to shut the site down - is HILARIOUS. And so, I'm having fun at your expense. It's really that simple. Nothing that could really be classified as a "fantastical interpretation," whatever the f*** you think you mean by that. Anything else I can clarify for you while I'm here?

Seriously? You were hoping for dignity on THIS site?

I'm truly worried about what will happen if his Mum actually dies - God forbid. People will post oh-so-funny gifs and say "That's life, old chap, move on already and play the show I have tickets for and you better pull out the exact setlist that I want to hear, and by the way your band is shite so play with the people that I want you to play with, and now I'm going to masturbate over a picture of your Mum and there's nothing you can do about it, so suck it up and be my dancing bear".

This place is SICK. DavidT and Uncle Skinny are SICK. Skylarker and VivaHate are EVEN SICKER. They babble about freedom of speech and use it to justify ANY kind of nastiness that people please themselves to spill out on Morrissey. And I would happily give all the money I own if that would make DavidT shut this disgrace DOWN. GET OVER YOURSELF, REALISE THAT YOU LOVE YOUR DAMN SITE MORE THAN YOU LOVE MORRISSEY AND SHUT IT DOWN NOW. Some people describe you as kind and nice, but you're so clearly not. You're just boosting your ego on the back of Morrissey. How much do you want me to pay you to shut this down?? I WOULD RAISE THE MONEY NO MATTER WHAT.

And now I'm waiting for the old "Why do you come here if you hate it" replies. I come here because I feel the need to speak against the shit that is going on here. Because I love Morrissey and I can't keep quiet if I see what people do to him. Bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed it is, for me. For you it seems to be about "stopping injustice." Exhibit A:

And personally, I think that - and, more specifically, the fool who's been raving today about paying "all the money he owns" to david to shut the site down - is HILARIOUS. And so, I'm having fun at your expense. It's really that simple. Nothing that could really be classified as a "fantastical interpretation," whatever the f*** you think you mean by that. Anything else I can clarify for you while I'm here?

Let me assist your comprehension. The phrase you can't quit quoting was in reference to me mentioning Pittsburgh, which you assumed was supposed to incite fear. Now THAT is hilarious.

"Stopping injustice" is a bit strong but once again, you tend to err on the drama queen side of things and since there's so little of that in these parts, err on, my boy.

But seriously, thank you for your service in deciding the internet. You're fantastic! Gotta run but I'm bundled up and on my way to Frick Park if you want a meet up!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom