All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reactions to the over-the-top posts here are similar to the reactions I saw from Norwegians shortly after Morrissey made comments about the massacre in Norway at a concert a little over a year ago. So perhaps a new rule needs to be instituted:

"Any comments that are deemed insensitive will be deleted from the site"*

*unless they are spoken by Morrissey

Anyone see a double standard?

I see this site is your revenge against him and you win

You are not responsible for Morrissey's comments, or the news, or the weather.

You are responsible for posts on this site

I believe the person who actually posts the item or says the words are responsible for their own words.

The reactions to the over-the-top posts here are similar to the reactions I saw from Norwegians shortly after Morrissey made comments about the massacre in Norway at a concert a little over a year ago. So perhaps a new rule needs to be instituted:

David... I come to this site for info, and have for many years, and appreciate it. Good and bad , its all here regarding Morrissey and his art. If indeed you have been banned from Morrissey shows.. (How would that be possible?) I would find it shameful of him to stifle alternate views. Sensitivity is personal... anything written can be deemed insensitive by someone.

Wouldn't that remove all responsibility from you?

From anything I didn't write, yes. As realitybites quoted before:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" ~ Evelyn Beatrice Hall (although the phrase is often attributed to Voltaire.)

How about you just say what specifically you want censored?

Wouldn't that remove all responsibility from you?

Ya it would. He is not the author of the posts. Just like a book publisher is not responsible for the content of a book. It is called freedom of expression. I don't want a web administrator to tell me which opinions of mine are acceptable. But, if he were to be held accountable for my posts, that is exactly what he would have to do... for his own protection. Picture a government doing the same for the masses and you have cooked yourself up a totalitarian regime. I'll take freedom of expression--all expression--any day.

Last edited:

You're throwing anything and everything at the wall, looking for something that sticks. We're discussing your site, this particular thread. Where is the double standard? You're responsible for this site, not the comments of Morrissey.

People were posting sincere wishes of good will to an elderly woman who is ailing, and the son for whom this website exists. You and your moderators could not find it in yourselves for JUST THIS ONCE to keep a thread respectful. There are hundreds of threads on this site that people can talk shit on Morrissey. It's no skin off your back to maintain some dignity in this one.

Just because the posters you let run disrespectfully rampant on this site aren't savvy enough to see that they're doing your dirty work doesn't mean it isn't glaringly obvious to the rest of us.

From anything I didn't write, yes. As realitybites quoted before:

How about you just say what specifically you want censored?
You mean legally or morally? I presume legally?
After the event is too late to be moral, because the damage has been done.
A newspaper editor can't detach themselves from the paper, no matter who the journalists have been

Police censor the streets of criminals up to obvious no good who, by your argument, have a right to express their mischief. Why do you feel the need for moderators (police) in one area (forum) yet in another (main page) relabel it free speech when it's obviously mischief? Free speech is awesome. But using common sense, another tenant of the constitution to which you model your free speech argument around, dictates that mischief interferes with ORDER. It would seem by holding so dear to the argument of free speech you lose sight of a call for order which is what allows for conversation. I could be wrong. This is just an honest observation.

Police censor the streets of criminals up to obvious no good who, by your argument, have a right to express their mischief. Why do you feel the need for moderators (police) in one area (forum) yet in another (main page) relabel it free speech when it's obviously mischief? Free speech is awesome. But using common sense, another tenant of the constitution to which you model your free speech argument around, dictates that mischief interferes with ORDER. It would seem by holding so dear to the argument of free speech you lose sight of a call for order which is what allows for conversation. I could be wrong. This is just an honest observation.
Who are you talking to? I honestly don't know.

David... I come to this site for info, and have for many years, and appreciate it. Good and bad , its all here regarding Morrissey and his art. If indeed you have been banned from Morrissey shows.. (How would that be possible?) I would find it shameful of him to stifle alternate views. Sensitivity is personal... anything written can be deemed insensitive by someone.

Nicely said.

The right to free speech and the unrealistic expectation to never be offended cannot coexist.
~Phillip Sharp

Who are you talking to? I honestly don't know.

Davidt. If the context of my inquiry was that poorly constructed its because I'm typing it all out on a phone. I'm just surprised half of it wasn't autocorrected. :p

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom