All New Misheard Lyrics

From Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"

my incorrect hearing: There is no pain you are receiving
correct: There is no pain you are receding

sheila take a bow
how can someone so young see the world so sad

not the correct" sing words so sad"...i think as with the" i want to see life /lights" from "there is a light "confusion...that I think the line of a young person see the world so sad fits better ...but oh well

then you started something
instead of hairbrushed and parted
i did understand:
hey brush the party which makes no sense when i translated it so i thought of hearing either hey russian party or hey rush the party...morrissey as a partycrasher. a total new direction :lbf:

singles my first and for quite a time only cd back then had not lyrics included so

You have never been in love/
Until you've seen the dormice/
behind the home for the blind

Always struck me as a strange line, that. I had only a vague idea of what a dormouse actually was, but I figured that it must probably be a particularly fierce kind of small rodent.

And then, the penny drops. "dawn rise". Ah.

cheers

Last edited:
Some men here
they have a special interest
In your f***ing career

As it was sung on Tues night. But seems I was wrong.

I always used to sing in Bengali in Platforms "he only wants to impress your cold chair, and to be your friend forever" instead of "embrace your culture". I was just 13 and I was just getting into Morrissey. I remember it was quite strange to hear someone singing about furniture, I just though it was some kind of very strange english metaphore. Since my mother tongue is spanish, you can hear the strangest things when you just know a few words, and at that age I was just learning english at school so I used to hear the most hilarious things. Others are comming to my mind now:

"And lennon so so very high" instead of lemon sole so very high in Bengali in Platforms

"With a mess on their breasts" instead of meths on their breaths in Sister I'm a poet (I didnt know what fake boobies and bad implants were at that time)

I'll try to remember more

Last edited:
I had a few misunderstandings with "You Have Killed Me". I misunderstood one line as "Zsa Zsa Gabor, What's my life for?" and instead of "Magnani, You'll never be.." I thought he said "And Yanni, You'll NEVER be.." I guess it works either way, though, right?:D

" You can pin and mount me like a butterfly "

I always sing it

" You came in and out of me, like a butterfly"
I like it better that way.

I read this on the youtube video of Sheila Take a Bow someone thought it was:

"put the grime of this world in your crotch dear."
instead of "boot the grime of the world in the crotch dear."

I loled.

:lbf:
I just (now while reading this) figured out that I have had it wrong the same way for almost 5 years!

So, I finally realized that in How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel on this part:
And as for you in your uniform
Your smelly uniform
You think you can be rude to me
Because you wear a uniform
A smelly uniform
And so you think you can be rude to me

in the background they're saying, "We Told You" instead of "Totally."

Totally sounded much sillier and awesome in my head...:,(

So, I finally realized that in How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel on this part:
And as for you in your uniform
Your smelly uniform
You think you can be rude to me
Because you wear a uniform
A smelly uniform
And so you think you can be rude to me

in the background they're saying, "We Told You" instead of "Totally."

Totally sounded much sillier and awesome in my head...:,(

I used to think the sample was saying "Utopia." That sounded pretty cool in my head :D

my 10 year old daughter was singing along to my ringtone..this charming man today and sang...on a hillside DEVILED EGGS!!!XX

punkturedbike.. i sing sea lion too!! xx

Same with me hah

I mentioned it in another thread, but I originally thought the full lyric was
"Punctured bicycle
on a hillside desolate
You've met your maker, man of the year

Edited for idiocy*

I might have said this before but I heard "haunted bicycle".

30hom8p.jpg

I found these "ghost bikes" are set as memorials to cyclists who have been struck by cars and killed.

I'm embrassed by this one: I thought in 'The Boy with a Thorn in his Side', Moz sang;

"Behind the hay shed there lies a murdeous desire"

Last edited:
Tags
clean ur ears funny haunted bicycle lyrics
Back
Top Bottom