All New Misheard Lyrics

"....share some rich tea with me..."

Everyday is Like Sunday. I mean the biscuit, not Yorkshire Tea.

Half a Person: "I went to London and died"

It, of course, should be "I went to London and I..."

" Sixteen, Clumsy and shy,
I went to London and I
Booked myself in at the....
Why, Didn't You See ? Eh???"

( I Like my version MUCH better!!! soz Moz....)

In England is a paper-round the same thing as a paper route? Because i always thought he said he had a nice paper route in I Have Forgiven Jesus but if it's the same thing then no big deal. :p

In 'Sorry Doesn't Help' I thought he was singing "and sorry will not bring nineteen years back to me". Instead he sings "and sorry will not bring my teen years back to me".

Oh dear - me too! Only just realised now I read it here.

Not a Morrissey/Smiths misheard lyric, but in REM's 'Sidewinder' my brother used to sing 'Coming to Jamaica - man" instead of 'Call me when you try to wake her up'.

Still makes me laugh!

Since my flatmate started giggling thinking the lyric was "Sixteen, c***y and shite" I haven't been able to listen to Half A Person :lbf:

I really miss the 'Make Morrissey Songs Rude' game we played a few months back - anyone else wanna revive it?? ;)

Until I checked the lyrics I always thought Disappointed opened with
"I'll see that your friend gets the message" and never really knew what words came after so I just did one of those non-verbal things Moz does anyway.

Erm... oh dear, I thought he was going on about Jamaica in that song too! :lbf:

I re-listened to the song the other day, for the first time in ages and it really does sound like he's talking about Jamaica. Think I prefer it tht way now...

Some men here
they have a special interest
In your f***ing career

As it was sung on Tues night. But seems I was wrong.

What did he sing then? I recorded bits of that concert on my phone and it still sounds like 'f***ing career' when I listen to it. Can't work out if I'm deaf or have got a dirty mind.

In 'Sorry Doesn't Help' I thought he was singing "and sorry will not bring nineteen years back to me". Instead he sings "and sorry will not bring my teen years back to me".

Oh dear - me too! Only just realised now I read it here.

Not a Morrissey/Smiths misheard lyric, but in REM's 'Sidewinder' my brother used to sing 'Coming to Jamaica - man" instead of 'Call me when you try to wake her up'.

Still makes me laugh!

Well the 'coming to jamaica is funnier,.. (i used to sing that tooo, even though i knew what it really was)

from "Rusholme Ruffians"

"the last night in Bel Air
by the Big Will generator..."

"and though I watch Home Alone
and I watch Home Alone
but my faith in love is still devout."

Just listened to Drive in saturday on Swords and i swear he says "do you like sealions" in the closing lines - well he is an animal lover?

Alan

ps i just saw that something similar has been posted previously

Last edited:
Your boyfriend he, went down on one knee
Well, could it be, he's only got one knee?
I tried to surprise you with vodka,
Oh Tyson,
I can't quite remember but you didn't thank me,
You didn't even thank me,
Because you never do.

But then I looked up the lyrics and it was Taizer instead of Tyson, I still believe he says Tyson...

Oh Tyson,
Because you never do.

But then I looked up the lyrics and it was Taizer instead of Tyson, I still believe he says Tyson...

tizer

Oh Tyson,
Because you never do.

I know you don't live in the UK, Tizer is a name of soft drink.

tizer-330ml-TN.jpg

Tags
clean ur ears funny haunted bicycle lyrics
Back
Top Bottom