Alison Martino Instagram - photo / clips from Morrissey's birthday celebration

Check out Alison Martino’s Instagram stories for some sweet Moz party video.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute, because you can see the ‘old’ Moz in the clips – still the same shy, bashful, polite, lovely man. Still the Morrissey we remember, having a nice time.

Sad, because… well. I guess if you don’t feel it then it might seem strange, but it reminds me of this:

Here, everybody’s friendly
But nobody’s friends
Dear God, when will I be where I should be?

When the camera pans down the table – something in the awkwardness of it, the smiles, the fact that they are nearly all “industry” people and one can’t even spell his name… I look at those clips and I just think, ‘these people are not his real friends’ and it shows, it just shows. It’s the definition of ‘lonely in a crowded room’, that’s how it feels – and it makes me sad for the same reason that the Bonfire artwork makes me sad or the photos he posts of Christmas with his Mum and Gran in the 1970s. In those moments, I can totally understand why he writes songs like “I Wish You Lonely” or “Home Is A Question Mark”.
Do you think this was a “work party”? That was my impression. It looks like a pretty nice one 😉

Interesting how Tina is there. I think we all assumed Damon was the current partner but maybe not. Wouldn’t The Tina and Damon relationship be slightly awkward?

Just goes to show how little we know about Morrissey. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s married with 3 kids.

Remember that he thanked Tina at the end of his autobiography, and that he spoke very warmly and tenderly of her. Not seeing her on his side very often never made me think their friendship had ended. Morrissey is capable of keeping some friends over a long period of time and she is one of them. There are only a handful of those life constants, but that is quite typical of introverted persons and by no means suggests that Morrissey is a horrible person. I am happy to see him surrounded by people on his birthday in his beloved LA.

So who’s in the group picture? We have Jesse, Alain, Damon, Alison, Guy… who else?
So glad Alain was there. That speaks volumes.
Yep, great to see Alain there. Would be fascinating to hear how he actually feels about his return to the Morrissey inner-circle after all these years. Alain should have played and sung his genius composition, It's Not Your Birthday Anymore. Well, maybe the next day!

Interesting how Tina is there. I think we all assumed Damon was the current partner but maybe not. Wouldn’t The Tina and Damon relationship be slightly awkward?

Just goes to show how little we know about Morrissey. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s married with 3 kids.
I am trying to imagine what little Morrissey children would be like :lbf:

Do you think Morrissey would post photographs and sweet remarks about Tina on Central if he and Damon were together? Damon is his personal assistant and friend; nothing more.

Remember that he thanked Tina at the end of his autobiography, and that he spoke very warmly and tenderly of her. Not seeing her on his side very often never made me think their friendship had ended. Morrissey is capable of keeping some friends over a long period of time and she is one of them. There are only a handful of those life constants, but that is quite typical of introverted persons and by no means suggests that Morrissey is a horrible person. I am happy to see him surrounded by people on his birthday in his beloved LA.
Tina appears to be a private individual. I believe they've always been close and see each other frequently. We only get a glimpse of his public life.

Neither are his significant other but she seems like a good person and Damon is a very nice person.

Do you think Morrissey would post photographs and sweet remarks about Tina on Central if he and Damon were together? Damon is his personal assistant and friend; nothing more.
A friend who's with him constantly even when he's not on tour or recording? That's some friend. I'm not saying I know for a fact that he and Damon are together, I obviously have no idea, but given the very similar situation with Jake I'd say it's a possibility. Why on earth would he not post pictures and sweet remarks of himself and Tina regardless of his relationship status? They're obviously still good friends.

It's nice to have a glimpse of Moz's private life. It's so rare!

It makes me happy to see him surrounded by friendly faces and having a good time on his birthday party. 💞

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom