Alison Martino Instagram - photo / clips from Morrissey's birthday celebration

Check out Alison Martino’s Instagram stories for some sweet Moz party video.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
a good time was had by all,that is a jazzy pair of socks M is wearing.probably the most relaxed we have seen him in years in the photo above.
Probably John Lennon was an inspiration on how to do it.

What I like about M. is that he is always M . The polar opposite of Bowie , who would come on put on a costume, and do his Bowie thing. Then come off and be Mr Jones
M arrives with his bee shoes, sings and then goes off Buzzing about still being M

Good old M, I hope he had fun.

Why's it sad?
Cute, because you can see the ‘old’ Moz in the clips – still the same shy, bashful, polite, lovely man. Still the Morrissey we remember, having a nice time.

Sad, because… well. I guess if you don’t feel it then it might seem strange, but it reminds me of this:

Here, everybody’s friendly
But nobody’s friends
Dear God, when will I be where I should be?

When the camera pans down the table – something in the awkwardness of it, the smiles, the fact that they are nearly all “industry” people and one can’t even spell his name… I look at those clips and I just think, ‘these people are not his real friends’ and it shows, it just shows. It’s the definition of ‘lonely in a crowded room’, that’s how it feels – and it makes me sad for the same reason that the Bonfire artwork makes me sad or the photos he posts of Christmas with his Mum and Gran in the 1970s. In those moments, I can totally understand why he writes songs like “I Wish You Lonely” or “Home Is A Question Mark”.

Last edited:
Cute, because you can see the ‘old’ Moz in the clips – still the same shy, bashful, polite, lovely man. Still the Morrissey we remember, having a nice time.

Sad, because… well. I guess if you don’t feel it then it might seem strange, but it reminds me of this:

But nobody’s friends

When the camera pans down the table – something in the awkwardness of it, the smiles, the fact that they are nearly all “industry” people and one can’t even spell his name… I look at those clips and I just think, ‘these people are not his real friends’ and it shows, it just shows. It’s the definition of ‘lonely in a crowded room’, that’s how it feels – and it makes me sad for the same reason that the Bonfire artwork makes me sad or the photos he posts of Christmas with his Mum and Gran in the 1970s. In these tiny moments, I can totally understand why he writes songs like “I Wish You Lonely” or “Home Is A Question Mark”.

I agree, kinda
At first, I thought it was a nice b'day bash around someone's house. I then see its actually at a hotel
Now, it may be just a case of M is working in LA, getting things together and so his B'day meal was with whoever is about.
Not his fault lots of his close friends aren't in LA
That said the people there seem a mix of "worker friends". Rather than actual friends.
A producer, a new manager etc
Even celeb daughter come, stalker, Alison Martino is there- Who is quite obviously not an actual friend of M's which is why she posts selfies with him
So, its a bit soulless.
The part where he starts his own b'day song hammers that home.

I think he is ok with it though. He knows where he is in life. I think he probably thinks of his Mum not being there, which makes him sad, he's getting by though

But nobody’s friends

When the camera pans down the table – something in the awkwardness of it, the smiles, the fact that they are nearly all “industry” people and one can’t even spell his name… I look at those clips and I just think, ‘these people are not his real friends’ and it shows, it just shows. It’s the definition of ‘lonely in a crowded room’, that’s how it feels – and it makes me sad for the same reason that the Bonfire artwork makes me sad or the photos he posts of Christmas with his Mum and Gran in the 1970s. In these tiny moments, I can totally understand why he writes songs like “I Wish You Lonely” or “Home Is A Question Mark”.
I think you're reading too much into things, to be honest. Alison Martino spelling his name wrong on her Instagram story was probably an innocent typo, perhaps she was a bit hung over from the previous night. I mean, they've hung out before, and she managed to spell his name correctly then. Weren't they first pictured together in 2019? So I think it's safe to say she's a friend and not just an industry person. There are some industry people there, true - Guy Oseary most notably - but they may well be friends for all we know. Who's to say he's not friends with all the 'industry people' there as well?

I agree, kinda
At first, I thought it was a nice b'day bash around someone's house. I then see its actually at a hotel
Now, it may be just a case of M is working in LA, getting things together and so his B'day meal was with whoever is about.
That said the people there seem a mix of "worker friends". Rather than actual friends.
Even celeb daughter come, stalker, Alison Martino is there- Who is quite obviously not an actual friend of M's which is why she posts selfies with him
So, its a bit soulless.

I think he is ok with it though. He knows where he is in life. I think he probably thinks of his Mum not being there, which makes him sad, he's getting by though
He lives in that hotel while he's in LA so it is technically his house.

Bored of Nancy now? Lisa Marie Presley next for sure.

I agree, kinda
So, its a bit soulless.

Would you stop, you have no idea who is in Morrisey's personal life and the comment about Jews and Israel is your usual bigoted garbage.
You ruin every thread you are in with your nonsensical drivel, just let Moz have a birthday thread on the site with his name on it, just once stop it.
Are you really so unsophisticated that you don't realize people have events at hotels and just because he didn't have homemade cupcakes in someone's backyard does not mean he doesn't have any friends. Wow, so worldly. Or is that how you do it in England because British British Bigot British

Happy Birthday, Moz 🧁🧁🧁🎂🎂🎂🍭🍭🍭🎈🎈🎈

Would you stop, you have no idea who is in Morrisey's personal life and the comment about Jews and Israel is your usual bigoted garbage.
You ruin every thread you are in with your nonsensical drivel, just let Moz have a birthday thread on the site with his name on it, just once stop it.
Are you really so unsophisticated that you don't realize people have events at hotels and just because he didn't have homemade cupcakes in someone's backyard does not mean he doesn't have any friends. Wow, so worldly. Or is that how you do it in England because British British Bigot British

Happy Birthday, Moz 🧁🧁🧁🎂🎂🎂🍭🍭🍭🎈🎈🎈

Right, as if you have some kind of great insight into Moz' personal life with your tedious tirades. Let me tell you right now, you'd never get invited to a party for Morrissey because you are seething with negativity in a completely uninteresting way. You are boring.

Guy Oseary
Born is Israel, HAHA!
Good for M, he knew what he was doing with his Israel song (some would say)
Im happy they all seemed happy
There is a world beyond the pop game
That song Israel is a god damn gem! His melodies especially towards the end are f***ing magic!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom