Morrissey Central "Alert!" (October 26, 2020)

unnamed.png

I’ve just come out of isolation after testing positive the other week. It’s deadly serious. I was very lucky, I’ve lost my taste and smell, had some muscular aches / sore throat. One thing I didn’t get was a high temperature. I’m now taking it easy for a couple of days.
Look after yourself everyone and stay alert and safe.

Sorry for your loss Hovis.

Benny :greatbritain::knife:
Its all in your head and we dont give a zhit.

I think she is better than Klimt.
I would not give myself the place of a purveyor.
The other parts are correct.
Thanks for your translation from English to Trump vocabulary.
It was a great translation. Tremendous, tremendous translation.

... compared with the Black Plague, it certainly has a good survival rate.
... compared with fighting with 10 very hungry lions, it has a good survival rate.
... compared with drinking a glass of liquid mercury per day, it has a good survival rate.

Of course, the problem is that the Black Plague isn't around these days; most people will never face a situation in which they have to fight with 10 hungry lions... and I don't know anyone who is drinking a glass of liquid mercury per day. So we have a problem.

Anyway, all the governments have been very stupid. The lockdowns that last months and months don't make a lot of sense. It would be easier if the governments had simply decided to make a very strict lockdown for 20 days... and a paranoid control of the health of those who are excepted from the lockdown.
I'm going to go ahead and ask you to check that racism before you post here. We don't call it the "Black Plague" anymore. It's called a Plague of Color.

This is indeed the case.

Shortly before he died, earlier this year, we were told my dad had Covid-19 on two occasions, once in April and once in August. We wanted tests on each occasion; he was tested on each occasion—and proved negative each time.

In April he was, after some battling, treated for a urinary infection and he made a good recovery. In August he was ultimately diagnosed with pneumonia; he was treated and responded but medicines were withdrawn—for reasons which would bring their own controversy.

After the withdrawal of medication he died: Frankly it was a relief as I was getting sick (nearly to the point of death) with people speculating falsely that he had the coronavirus. There are many people with similar stories.

I will conclude by saying that on the second occasion he was falsely diagnosed with Covid, he was placed on a Covid ward: half the patients did actually have it; it was guess work with the other half. Insane doesn’t cover it. Shield your eyes and ears if you don’t like it, but the word ‘Covid’ is covering up a thousand sins.
Sorry to hear about your dad. That sounds like it was a horrible ordeal.

Ach, it's horrible being ill.
The butcher wasn’t very pleasant when Elizabeth was I’ll, was he !!
Wanting to sell t shirts with dying old lady’s on them....
I have a saying in life Karen....
What goes around, comes around...
The butcher has had his comeuppance, and it was long over due.....
Benny I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you have learned something from this.....

I'm glad Benny recovered.
Thank you Karen, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I was very lucky to have mild symptoms. Looks like it’s going to be a long winter with a need to look out and support others.

Benny :greatbritain: :knife:

No, from my perspective and reality what you said wasn't entirely accurate. Maybe that kind of statistics applys to your reality. In mine, it doesn't.

Here, yes, most of the 150k who died (and are still dying) were elderly people, who might have lived many years more if not infected by Coronavirus. So, it is the virus what killed them, and not a previous manageable illness they might have had. It is real. Many doctors, nurses, public health service workers died too. And many young people. Even children.

Therefore, Covid-19 is a real threat, and one should be as careful as possible to prevent it.

I do not minimize the death of the elderly as many ageists, sociopaths do: Oh! that's life... old people die... etc. etc... the economy is more important... You know that kind of cold, heartless, blasé kind of thinking.

Go tell Morrissey that his mum was 82 (died of cancer), so he should've expected her death sometime soon, and not have felt so deeply hurt by his loss.

Instinctually, all the living creatures want to keep on living, except those who choose suicide when faced with dilemmas they cannot figure out.

No one is saying every death isn't sad and tragic. Every day people die on the roads. We don't ban cars or ban leaving the house. We take rational safety measures - speed limits, seat belts, traffic lights etc. Every winter thousands die from seasonal flu. Are we all murderers for not having a lockdown every winter? How many deaths each winter should we tolerate before we decide it's time for a lockdown? Is 10,000 ok? 20,000? 40,000? It is estimated that an ineffective flu vaccine contributed to about 50,000 excess deaths in England and Wales in the winter of 2017-2018:

Life is all about balancing risks. For every death you save with a lockdown, you take another life (maybe more) through a missed diagnosis of cancer, or unemployment and suicide, or poverty. You seem to see the pandemic as black and white. Lockdown = save lives. It's just not that easy I'm afraid.

Most “fans” on here are some of the very worst. Why bother coming on if you now think so little of him.? Sorry your life has been so disappointing but I for one am looking forward to what Morrissey has too say. Still an absolute hero ✌️

Oh good. More drivel and drudgery! ...and another opportunity for the sycophants around here stank their feet and whine about his direct quotes being taken out of context.
Move along then little one

The butcher wasn’t very pleasant when Elizabeth was I’ll, was he !!
Wanting to sell t shirts with dying old lady’s on them....
I have a saying in life Karen....
What goes around, comes around...
The butcher has had his comeuppance, and it was long over due.....
Benny I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you have learned something from this.....
The site wouldn’t be the same without Benjamin. Ahhh those knives.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom