Alcohol

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by realitybites, Feb 3, 2019.

1. realitybites

realitybites making lemonade Subscriber

Home Page:
    http://www.morrissey-solo.com/xfa-blogs/realitybites.55/
    Anything and everything alcohol related.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don’t touch it. A few times In my life but I’ve never been a fan of this particular intoxicant. Tastes bad makes you nauseous and hung over and is one of the few drugs that you can physically die from detox when addicted. Also so many health risks associated. Not really against it but these are my personal feelings towards alcohol

• Like Like x 1
  4. realitybites

Home Page:
    I am an occasional drinker. I'll have a beer or two or three when I go out to dinner with friends or family. My favorite beer is:

index.jpg

I never drink when alone--it is a social thing for me. But I do enjoy a good buzz now and then. Rarely do I drink hard liquor. But I'd do a shot of vodka if offered. I don't drink wine because it is too acidic.

I don't abuse alcohol but it abuses me. I hate hangovers so much that they probably are the reason I don't drink more often.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the few time I did drink it was always liquor as I just hate the taste. I’d try to choose something I could throw down as fast as possible. I’m not judging or anything as my wife enjoys her wine and my brother in law is a craft beer guy. I always just smoked pot which is also not good for your health but is getting better with a good vape if you can afford one. I wasn’t always a fan of the buzz of alcohol either

• Like Like x 1
  6. realitybites

Home Page:
    Vaping marijuana seems pretty harmless--health-wise. It should be legal everywhere, imo. It is demonstrably less harmful than alcohol across the board. I'd smoke if I had easy access to it. But I'd hope that I would try to not become habituated to it.

7. Harsh Truth

Harsh Truth Ever Felt Had?

I like to drink, and do so several times a week. 95% of the time I don't overdo it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree and here in Maryland it’s been decriminalized and medical is available. To get a medical card here is really easy but I think it’ll soon be legalized everywhere. I tend to find it’s like anything. You tend to habitualize to fill other things in your life. People do it with tv online life alcohol sex etc. I think legalizing, after an initial binge period, will actually make it less habitual for many. The idea that you can purchase and use when you like will ease the seeking and bingeing excessiveness. Not for everyone but for many. When you can go into a store and easily buy a small amount for the moment it’ll be better. Now and especially when it was illegal you didn’t have as many opportunities for purchase, and these opportunities were also risky, so you tended to want to buy as much as you could at once which I think tends to lead to people smoking more than hey intended simply because it’s there. It’s so much more preferable to drinking imo as I’ve never seen a violent fight break out do to smoking

• Like Like x 1
  9. realitybites

Home Page:
    That makes a lot of sense. It is legal medically here in AZ but not for recreational use. It should be. And I hope this changes sooner than later.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

ice wine is pretty tasty, I must say

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Light Housework

Light Housework formerly redpathetic Subscriber

I don't like the taste of alcohol.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Try Anything Twice

Try Anything Twice Consultant to the World

Medical marijuana has been legal here in Michigan for a few years. It just went completely legal at the start of this year. There is a huge shortage issue now. They had to make it that for the first year you still need a medical card to buy it as a way to deal with the issue while legal production ramps up. Everywhere you go now there’s an intense cloud of marijuana hanging over the state. I’m hoping legalization brings the quality up universally so I don’t have to smell that nasty dirt weed anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Surface

Surface Apparently Vegan Cro resembles a greyhound?

That's one of my favourites as well, along with Peroni, haven't seen Stella for sale when Ive been in the States?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To much skunk weed huh. It probably will as the market stabilizes. In other places I’ve been like Amsterdam the base quality was pretty decent everywhere. There will always be a few who will still buy from unauthorized people though for cheap weed just cause they can’t afford the store prices. This has been the case for people I know in Colorado. This is why I like vaping though. No smell or smoke

• Like Like x 1
  15. Try Anything Twice

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. realitybites

Home Page:
    It's almost everywhere now. I love Peroni as well. You have great taste in beer. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Try Anything Twice

I don’t drink that often but when I do it’s usually either beer or wine. On the right day, a pitcher of margaritas is perfect -on the rocks with salt, not that frozen crap. Other mixed drinks and cocktails slide in and out of favor.

• Like Like x 1
  18. realitybites

Home Page:
    :love:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Try Anything Twice

FA46651F-1C26-41FB-A9E5-763A7A5D8CCF.jpeg
    Bell’s Oberon is a great choice. Been drinking it for decades even back in the day when it was called Sol Sun.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Try Anything Twice

We can get Stella at this giant party store we have that carries 1,000s of beers from all over the world.

• Like Like x 2