Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater (May 14, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Az Moz Fan

Post by Bluebirds: "I heard he covered Prefab Sprout's 'King Of Rock n Roll'? Changing the lines with hot dog to top dog"

Post from an anonymous person: "He didn't actually sing the whole song just a few lines of King of rock and roll unaccompanied."

image posted by killauntie:

abq1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about Prefab Sprout aside from that song, but their first album is apparently a cult favourite. Maybe Moz was into them.

Morrissey in 1990: "I heard that new Prefab Sprout album [Jordan, the Comeback] the other day, which has been bombarded with plaudits. And I literally slipped into a coma, I mean, it was so absolutely lifeless. I met Paddy Ashdown once and thought he was a very nice person, but that doesn't really excuse the fact that, in a position of national attention, he's released a record that's disturbingly middle-aged."

…and from a 1991 SPIN interview: “I am actually a fan of his [Paddy McAloon]; I criticized him recently and slightly regretted it, even though I believed what I said. I thought the first record that he made was reasonably priceless.”

No set list two shows in a row? You guys are slacking! I promise you'll get the SLC set list from me the second in get in the parking lot after the show!

Last edited by a moderator:
…and from a 1991 SPIN interview: “I am actually a fan of his [Paddy McAloon]; I criticized him recently and slightly regretted it, even though I believed what I said. I thought the first record that he made was reasonably priceless.”

That's cool to see him regretting something he said (slightly). Very few examples of that in his history, I think.

No video of Girl Least or supposedly King Of Rock and Roll? Cmon

Hopefully one will pop up down the line.I'm glad he is adding new songs to the setlist here and there, can't wait to see what surprises he has in store for Chicago.

He didn't actually sing the whole song just a few lines of King of rock and roll unaccompanied.

I kinda know Paddy Macloon , from him living in the north east of england and coming into my workplace a lot over the last 10 years , and he is one of the nicest , most polite and gracious person i have ever met. He is long locked and full of beard , still writes everyday and has hundreds of songs unreleased . I would rate him in the top ten of British songwriters and the aformentioned jordan the comeback album is faultless , a rich tapestry of sounds and moods with some genius lyrics . Unfortunately he had a hearing problem that stopped him playing, performing live. He had a record out late last year ( crimson red ) under the prefab sprout name that WAS a bit cosy but still really good. He came to dislike king of rock n roll and didnt play it live . Singer wendy smith works as a creative director at the sage in gateshead .. will tweet her this little snippet of info

Yes, I can't wait for the Chicago show. I liked how he ended his Autobiography mentioning his last Chicago show in Congress Theatre (I was there and shook his hand).

That's very cool, I got a finger tip in Columbus last tour :D

We are in for a great time, the civic opera house is absolutely beautiful, I think Moz will dig it for sure.

I kinda know Paddy Macloon , from him living in the north east of england and coming into my workplace a lot over the last 10 years , and he is one of the nicest , most polite and gracious person i have ever met. He is long locked and full of beard , still writes everyday and has hundreds of songs unreleased . I would rate him in the top ten of British songwriters and the aformentioned jordan the comeback album is faultless , a rich tapestry of sounds and moods with some genius lyrics . Unfortunately he had a hearing problem that stopped him playing, performing live. He had a record out late last year ( crimson red ) under the prefab sprout name that WAS a bit cosy but still really good. He came to dislike king of rock n roll and didnt play it live . Singer wendy smith works as a creative director at the sage in gateshead .. will tweet her this little snippet of info

I agree completely, which is why I had made a mental note of Moz saying he thought that first album was priceless. I would add, for those that aren't PS fans, that they (or Paddy, at least) apparently loathed playing live. Additionally, I have been in contact with the Canandian band Stars, who are big PS fans, and I did get them to agree to cover Cruel, but I am not sure it will happen.

We saw his whole set and he did not perform that Prefab Sprout song. Can't provide a whole set list but can say it was similar to previously posted lists but he didn't do First of the Gang to Die, National Front Disco, or The Youngest Was the Most Loved. We were really looking forward to hearing those. He started playing at about 9 and was done by 10:30. The encore was cut short. A couple of people tried to get up on stage and we could see on his face a decision to end it there.

I remember an interview with Lloyd Cole, mentioning that he ran in a hotel into Morrissey and Paddy, all three of them wearing the same glasses.

Yes, I can't wait for the Chicago show. I liked how he ended his Autobiography mentioning his last Chicago show in Congress Theatre (I was there and shook his hand).

I was at that show as well but haven't read the autobiography, what did he say about it?!

Do you know if one must stay at their seats on the floor or if one can actually move on up once the show starts?

They frown upon folks trying to move to seats that aren't theirs, but if enough people do it.....:thumb:

Where are your seats? I'm in row G center.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom