Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater (May 14, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Az Moz Fan

Post by Bluebirds: "I heard he covered Prefab Sprout's 'King Of Rock n Roll'? Changing the lines with hot dog to top dog"

Post from an anonymous person: "He didn't actually sing the whole song just a few lines of King of rock and roll unaccompanied."

image posted by killauntie:

abq1.jpg

Last edited:
I heard he covered Prefab Sprout's King OF Rock n Roll? Changing the lines with hot dog to top dog

I heard he covered Prefab Sprout's King OF Rock n Roll? Changing the lines with hot dog to top dog

That would be very cool, that's a very upbeat fun song and I could see Morrissey really hamming it up whilst singing it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He covered what ? That is crazy with all of his own stuff he can sing . Sorry but I don't believe it .

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He covered covered what ? That is crazy with all of his own stuff he can sing . Sorry but I don't believe it .

I don't know. But there's the Albuquerque reference in that song, so maybe he did it.

Let's wait for the setlist anyway....

If he did sing that song I hope someone recorded it . Hope no fans tried to take him down like last night . What happened to the simple hug ? Now it seems some what to tackle him .

There's no way Moz covered Prefab Sprout. There's about as much chance as Moz getting a Twitter account

Incidentally, as far as misheard lyrics go, I always thought 'King of Rock and Roll' went, 'Hot dog/Jumping frog/I want cookie' until someone told me the error of my ways a couple of years ago. Who knew?

He did indeed sing the king of rock and roll by Prefab sprout, funny i was thinking about the song all day because of the line Albuquerque and when he sang it it blew my mind like he had read my thoughts. I love you Morrissey x

I had to hastily cancel travel plans from Oregon and give my tickets away on craigslist! Can someone at least post the setlist?

Does anyone know what happened to Arturo? He said on Instagram he wasn't asked back.

There's no way Moz covered Prefab Sprout. There's about as much chance as Moz getting a Twitter account

Incidentally, as far as misheard lyrics go, I always thought 'King of Rock and Roll' went, 'Hot dog/Jumping frog/I want cookie' until someone told me the error of my ways a couple of years ago. Who knew?

Why is this so hard to believe? He was once quoted as saying that he considered one of the Prefab albums (Swoon or Steve McQueen, I can't recall) as "priceless".

I heard a rumour that Arturo was sacked after the last gig, (when a fan was manhandled by security) does anyone know anything about this??
Was Arturo at this gig?

Apparently whatever happens in Albuquerque, stays in Albuquerque. :squiffy:

I heard a rumour that Arturo was sacked after the last gig, (when a fan was manhandled by security) does anyone know anything about this??
Was Arturo at this gig?

From his Instagram it looks like he was never even on this tour. Someone commented yesterday that the pits miss him and he said something along the lines of that it was hard to believe or he would have been asked back.

Wonder what happened?

Useless piece of trivia but the first time Moz heard 'Hand In Glove' on the radio back in 1983 was after Prefab Sprout. Well so he says...

Morrissey in 1990: "I heard that new Prefab Sprout album [Jordan, the Comeback] the other day, which has been bombarded with plaudits. And I literally slipped into a coma, I mean, it was so absolutely lifeless. I met Paddy Ashdown once and thought he was a very nice person, but that doesn't really excuse the fact that, in a position of national attention, he's released a record that's disturbingly middle-aged."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom