Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater (May 14, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Az Moz Fan

Post by Bluebirds: "I heard he covered Prefab Sprout's 'King Of Rock n Roll'? Changing the lines with hot dog to top dog"

Post from an anonymous person: "He didn't actually sing the whole song just a few lines of King of rock and roll unaccompanied."

image posted by killauntie:

abq1.jpg

Last edited:
ABQ setlist (pretty sure it's correct)

Hand In Glove
Speedway
Ganglord
I Have Forgiven Jesus
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Yes, I Am Blind
Life Is A Pigsty
The Bullfighter Dies
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Meat Is Murder
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Trouble Loves Me
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
---
Asleep
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

Did he drop National Front Disco as the set closer?

I remember an interview with Lloyd Cole, mentioning that he ran in a hotel into Morrissey and Paddy, all three of them wearing the same glasses.

I was buying a car from a woman in the early 1990s who saw a Morrissey sticker on the car I drove to her house in. She had attended college in Athens, GA and, in addition to REM and B-52s stories, recalled that Morrissey had showed up to a Lloyd Cole show with a romantic agenda (can't recall why she thought she knew this to be his intentions).

Last edited by a moderator:
Setlist.fm has NFD as the closer. Confirmed?

...and To Give has reared its ugly head back in the mix.

ABQ setlist (pretty sure it's correct)

Hand In Glove
Speedway
Ganglord
I Have Forgiven Jesus
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Yes, I Am Blind
Life Is A Pigsty
The Bullfighter Dies
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Meat Is Murder
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Trouble Loves Me
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
The National Front Disco **
---
Asleep
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

Sorry David I missed TNFD as the set closer.

Is that set list correct? San Jose got 21 songs, ABQ 18 songs... being crazy I counted, Santa Ana, Los Angeles and El Paso all got 20 songs.

This is beautiful. With the red light flickering which I think is your finger near the lens? He's like a statue not moving his feet once, all his vulnerableness communicated with his hands and that voice. I love this. You couldn't choreograph a better happening that exudes loneliness and insecurity and in a strange way, hope.

Thank you for capturing Morrissey at his most raw & honest. This track is hauntingly beautiful, ghostly & final, treasured footagex

It amazes me how Americans just don't know when or how to shut up and listen. How do you hoot and holler during Asleep? It baffles the mind.

It amazes me how Americans just don't know when or how to shut up and listen. How do you hoot and holler during Asleep? It baffles the mind.
Not to be rude, but that's pretty much a broad brush analysis right there. I have a few Aussie friends, we really aren't that different.

It made him smile.

Is it me, or is the band just as incredibly bored as Morrissey, and the viewing audience at Everyday? Holy Cow. Look at Boz. He has played that song so many times he looks like he is sleeping. Is he even playing? If it weren't for Mr. Walker's time keeping bouncing leg I think I would have fallen asleep. And what was happening musically at 2:15? I frickin' love this song studio and live but that was boring.

Perhaps listen to the 1985/10/01 version of Asleep from the UK and be a tad less offensive next time.

Not to be rude, but that's pretty much a broad brush analysis right there. I have a few Aussie friends, we really aren't that different.

Must just be me then. I couldn't think of one good reason to yell out during a song as tender as Asleep. I'll lose my voice during other songs but not that one.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom