Albums to look forward to in 2010

I'm fairly sure Dido and Iron Maiden have new albums coming out next year, and I'm certain James have as well. Up to now they're the only ones I'm really looking forward to.
2009 was fairly bland aside from Moz, Kasabian and Lily Allen, although I'm yet to listen to Jet and Wolfmothers' new albums.

The Courteeners

Broadcast/Spiritualized/Midlake/Ballboy/The National/Magnetic Fields/Arcade Fire.

For now at least.

I'm not too keen on them. Rightly or wrongly, I put them in the samey sounding lad rock bracket along with Scouting For Girls, Pigeon Detectives, Twisted Wheel etc. All probably like the Smiths/Moz, all adore and want to be Oasis.

I'm really struggling at the moment to find a decent act to follow, ok, so, there's The Maccabees but other than that there is literally nothing. I've scoured and devoured through lots of unsigned acts and even huffed and puffed in Action Records but still nothing.

This year I saw Airborne Toxic Event and they were great and the album is great too... I pray that they have new material because everything is so bleak in the Arts at the moment.
Oh, and St Germain, I'd like them to do new stuff.

Last edited:
The Bluetones

Broadcast/Spiritualized/Midlake/Ballboy/The National/Magnetic Fields/Arcade Fire.

For now at least.

It certainly looks like another fine year , perhaps.I was also reading I believe we can expect a new Leisure Society album in 2010, according to pitchfork.

It certainly looks like another fine year , perhaps.I was also reading I believe we can expect a new Leisure Society album in 2010, according to pitchfork.

Indeed, i saw them a few weeks ago and they did a couple of new songs.

John Lydon said PIL would be recording new material if the few dates in December generated enough funding to do so. I'd be interested in at least giving that a try.

And Howard Devoto hasn't ruled out Magazine coming up with new material. He just said that for the remainder of THIS year they'd focus on the classics.

Also, the English version of Sparks' new album/radio opera, "The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman," is being released in January. Must get a copy of that :guitar:

Klaxons, Foals and The National should all have new discs out in the first quarter of 2010, and Tindersticks is sneaking one out next month i believe

Back
Top Bottom