Album news on TTY

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
Years Of Refusal: New album release date and other information

9 August 2008

At the wish of Universal Music, Years of refusal has been put back to a February 2nd release. There is also, at this stage, still no US label for the album since Morrissey withdrew from Decca US after their poor promotion for the Greatest hits release. There are no further live dates planned for the remainder of 2008.
It is understood that Warner Music in London are releasing a Smiths Greatest Hits album in the final quarter of 2008. This release is without Morrissey's approval or involvement.
»
Israel festival date

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully 2nd February 2009 release is the definite release date.

omg he is releasing it on my birthday...:eek::guitar:
wasnt the edinburgh - on the 2th of FEB -concert he did play this year which I attended a present enough for me...yeahhh
well at least we got a date...;) hopefully it wont get postponed again....
even though we wont see him live again this year..that will give him enough rest so his voice will be okay -hopefully-the whole tour of 2009

Last edited:
nice. we haven't had a smiths greatest hits yet.

THE SMITHS GREATEST HITS!?

All 2 of them. :mad:

Seriously though, they only had 3 top 10 hits. The highest of those being This Charming Man :sick: which peaked at 8.

Give us Southpaw! :tears:

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt the edinburgh - on the 2th of FEB -concert he did play this year which I attended a present enough for me...yeahhh
even though we wont see him live again this year..that will give him enough rest so his voice will be okay -hopefully-the whole tour of 2009

Hmmm, I guess in Germany it'll be released on Friday 30th January instead of 2nd February. :p

uh? oh noooooo.. you are refering refer to the earlier releases of his latest singles here in germany , right...hmpfff :D

This is not good news.
'At the wish of Universal Music...' translates as 'against the wishes of Morrissey'. If it had made the September release date then maybe it could have preceeded the October to Christmas blitz from Oasis, U2 et al but if it was going to be delayed by even a few weeks then I think it makes sense to shove it to February.
Obviously the whole 'Greatest Hits' project was indeed a dry-run, for all sides, to gauge everyones strengths and, in Moz's view, Decca US came out wanting. I'm curious as to how exactly he can withdraw from Decca US rather than Decca US 'withdrawing' from him, but perhaps this is all just semantics.
As for Warner UK's non-Moz sanctioned Smiths Greatest Hits, I'm just wondering who they'll come up with for a cover star this time ~ has Hylda Baker passed on yet ?
Kind regards,
joe.

It is understood that Warner Music in London are releasing a Smiths Greatest Hits album in the final quarter of 2008. This release is without Morrissey's approval or involvement.

I'm pleased for Mike and Andy over this release;)

Jukebox Jury

why did it get push back again???:mad:
this is really disappointing..... I'm sad.....:(

Obviously all is not well between Morrissey and Decca. He should have signed with a smaller label, then he'd have had more control. :(

You win the "will YOF come out on my birthday game":D.

Ok he HAS to play a date on the 18th of Feb now! I don't care where in the world. It's my 18th Bday, If he does i'm going (my twin siser will hate this:guitar:). I have my fingers crossed for this.

Tags
roll on february :'(
Back
Top Bottom