Albany, NY - Palace Theatre (Oct. 18, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Black Cloud / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Still Ill / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Action Is My Middle Name / Spring-Heeled Jim / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by jasondedrick / setlist.fm. Link posted by MozRecording.

Last edited:
Twitter said he said this:

Jackie ‏@blandwitch
#Morrissey: "Did you know that president Obama eats lambs? And did you know that lambs are someone's babies? President Obama eats babies."

I'm not sure if I should take this in the disasterous syllogism direction or the "run fast if you can" direction. :squiffy: Usually what he says is massively lost in translation in print when the video shows it's just him being funny.

On the edge of the stage, I think. Kneeling down as security was being heavy-handed with some Irregulars. Boz was yelling at them to f***-off.

Do people normally sit down during Morrissey concerts? The crowd was pathetic. The set was good, except for the part in the middle, which kind of blurred together. He has so many great songs, so why did he sing 'Fatty'?

On the edge of the stage, I think. Kneeling down as security was being heavy-handed with some Irregulars. Boz was yelling at them to f***-off.

Oh no...I hope he's okay. How was the show, otherwise?

Got back a few hours ago, first time seeing him and first time concert in general. Overall, his voice was stand-on, I had lodge seats and still had a decent view of him. I was able to make out every word during the performance. I'm still blown away by the fact I saw him in the flesh, Moz was more talkative than I anticipated. I couldn't help but cackle at the Obama comment, it was completely unexpected and out there. I will throw in to the above commenter questioning it, that's exactly what he said word for word, lol. I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw somebody in the front literally leap on stage and hug him. As for Kristeen Young, she looked great but I could definitely take her or leave her when it comes to her music.

Still a fantastic show, though. Looking at the set list, it's about the perfect combo of Smiths and solo. I hope this isn't his last tour, I would love to see him again. Worth the 2 hour drive, by far.

just got home... show was great... nothing different in the set list......the cut was rather substancial and he had a fair amount of blood on his hand just just a wrap on his finger and continued on...

I dont think the Obama remark was much of a joke, he said it rather seriously

Ohh and I caught his shirt and it is 100% in tact and I pulled off a completly successful first stage invasion of the night

great night and his voice sounds strong

Ohh and I caught his shirt and it is 100% in tact and I pulled off a completly successful first stage invasion of the night

I was just mentioning you in my post. I actually got you and that whole scene on camera. I'll be uploading some footage soon. I was impressed you braved the security, I don't think I ever could've done that leap of fate and I can't believe you caught his shirt. Envious over here, lol.

Boz was yelling at them to f***-off.

I'm sure he was. :cool: I hope Morrissey is alright, that no stitches were needed. If people in the audience could see tons of blood he might need them.

I was just mentioning you in my post. I actually got you and that whole scene on camera. I'll be uploading some footage soon. I was impressed you braved the security, I don't think I ever could've done that leap of fate and I can't believe you caught his shirt. Envious over here, lol.

Did you get the whole encore??? I was off to the left and I jumped over the barrier twice and the second time got to hold his hand for half a minute (well,probably not that long but it felt so long!),would really love if someone captured that. <3

some bouncers at gigs are just secret thugs,who get a kick from throwing people around,we can do without such boneheads at moz gigs,maybe a good idea to make all bouncers at moz gigs put a pink dress on,so that we can all laugh at them,either that or have skinheads,suedeheads as bouncers,scare the living shit out of any stage invaders : ))

Did you know I refuse to perform in Canada because they club seals? But did you also know I'm gonna perform in New Zealand even though they slash lambs throats without stunning them.
You do now

Twitter said he said this:

Jackie ‏@blandwitch
#Morrissey: "Did you know that president Obama eats lambs? And did you know that lambs are someone's babies? President Obama eats babies."

I'm not sure if I should take this in the disasterous syllogism direction or the "run fast if you can" direction. :squiffy: Usually what he says is massively lost in translation in print when the video shows it's just him being funny.

Any mention that Obama eats dogs too?

He has so many great songs, so why did he sing 'Fatty'?

I love hearing "Fatty" live. Upbeat, fun, funny. If we are talking early-solo work selections, I would instead question the continual need for "Ouija Board." For the '89-'91 era, "Playboys," "Piccadilly Palare" or something from the album that dare not speak it's name would be better.

Same setlist as the last little while; might even have been exactly the same as Burlington.

It's true that the crowd was a little dead, which I think Kristeen Young ("This is a little ridiculous") and Morrissey mentioned (Something about coping with a dead crowd on a famous RKO stage where so many greats had performed), but to be fair, the venue did not accommodate movement. Security down the aisles, I was repeatedly told to stay in my seat and that it was expressly forbidden to move to the front - it was like being penned into your seat! I'm not going to write off all of Albany in attendance as being mildly sedated, but if the crowd was a little listless it was not entirely their fault - as anyone who's been to a seated venue can attest, what more can you do when you feel like a sardine? Rapids Theatre's open pit will probably make for different results...

Morrissey and the band were great, but having seen him last year twice and seeing almost exactly the same songs was a bit underwhelming, especially when he was playing "Last Night...", "A Rush and a Push," "Alma Matters," and "Fantastic Bird" in the opening dates of this tour. Them's the breaks.... Hopefully the conditions will be better tonight.

Did you get the whole encore??? I was off to the left and I jumped over the barrier twice and the second time got to hold his hand for half a minute (well,probably not that long but it felt so long!),would really love if someone captured that. <3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri08skhr3rdir9b/video-2012-10-18-22-06-00.mp4 Here's the whole encore. I uploaded it to dropbox so you can download it and have your own copy. Around the 6 minute mark is when everyone started jumping. I checked out your profile and recognized you from the blonde hair, grats on reaching him! Enjoy the video, sorry if the quality isn't that great, was just using my phone to record.

Anyone get the setlist?

To the people who made it up onstage: thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom