"Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

Last edited:
Another hair-pullingly Morrissey-esque moment. It's easily the song with the strongest single potential from the album. Alan Carr would have been a decent boost ...

Another hair-pullingly Morrissey-esque moment. It's easily the song with the strongest single potential from the album. Alan Carr would have been a decent boost ...

I was surprised he was going to do it in the first place. Carr is the wrong show.

Just the thought of the interview that never was is excruciating. Every time the gf goes to turn the central heating up I make her watch the Jonathan Ross Quarry era interview or that One Show appearance.

The heat generated by the sheer toe-curling embarrassment saves us a fortune in utility bills.

I was surprised he was going to do it in the first place. Carr is the wrong show.

Just the thought of the interview that never was is excruciating. Every time the gf goes to turn the central heating up I make her watch the Jonathan Ross Quarry era interview or that One Show appearance.

The heat generated by the sheer toe-curling embarrassment saves us a fortune in utility bills.

I don't disagree that Morrissey is a frequently squirm-inducing TV guest. However I guess I like that that very human trait of self-aware anxiety (?) hasn't been groomed out of him by teams of PR consultants/coaches/etc ...

Having 'grown up' with The Smiths...
Having seen Moz thereafter...
Can someone please explain exactly how he should be on television?
He has never interviewed well as wit aside, it is clear he doesn't like it. I'd love to know how he could make people 'squirm' less if that has been pretty much a given from the outset. If we accept he is 'difficult' and awkward... Why expect any less?
Regards,
FWD

Think about all of the equipment they have to get there. Maybe there was a struggle with that. Maybe he didn't feel 100% or his band member/s didn't. There's an aray or reasons, and maybe he is just stuck in belfast ! Don't doubt the Moz God.

This cancellation was mentioned on the Chris Evans radio programme as I arrived at work this morning. Could not hear it 100% but something was mentioned about Moz going into a record shop (in Belfast I presume) and as his album was not on display this put him in a bad mood hence the cancellation. They followed this up by playing 'Panic' which sounded great. Anyway, Moz make it to Birmingham and I'll be happy.

UK fan here and have been looking forward to this like a kid at christmas, i mean how often do us over here get a chance to see Moz on a UK chat show, not many i tell thee. It's f***ing bullshit and the man's a let down. Treats his UK fans like shit.

As much as I was looking forward to watching this I'd have looked like this

man-looking-through-fingers-smaller.jpg

You need a thick skin to watch a prime time Morrissey interview. It's probably for the best.

Re: "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

The banana splits? Used to watch it as a kid. Got to believe it's still better than Alan.

Nah...

...nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!

Last edited:
Having 'grown up' with The Smiths...
Having seen Moz thereafter...
Can someone please explain exactly how he should be on television?
He has never interviewed well as wit aside, it is clear he doesn't like it.

Simple. Get him pissed out of his skull, so he doesn't know what he's doing and is rolling around all over the floor. Actually, maybe Alan Carr tried that, and it got a bit out of hand...

I think it must be pretty obvious for everyone that Moz hadn't the best time in Belfast. They really had it in for him from the beginning. All the reviews were bad, lazy and not very thoughtful. I know he always claims not to read reviews anymore but I don't think this is the case, really. It must be soulcrushing at times. We, who watch him closely for a very long time now, should know him by now. He is very much looking for recognition all his life, that can't be denied. And I don't think it's as shameful as some people would like us to believe. It's human. So, maybe all that played a part in the cancellation, I don't know.

Guessing moz didn't like alan too much so he cancelled the gig.
He already knows him before that..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

f*** knows how he's managed to get stuck in Belfast, Alan Carr went to the Belfast gig and got back in time for the show because he's a professional.

There was a little bit about it in the Sun today. Apparently Morrissey told producers that he had "transport issues".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom