"Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2015 (read-only)' started by davidt, Mar 25, 2015.

By davidt on Mar 25, 2015 at 5:11 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2015 (read-only)' started by davidt, Mar 25, 2015.

1. bankrobberdub
      bankrobberdub
      How does one manage to get stuck in Belfast.
    2. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester
      Alan Carr was at the Belfast show last night:

Maybe they should have carpooled back to London.
      Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    3. Charlie Cheswick
      Charlie Cheswick
      It's an Irish thing, it's a minefield getting anywhere when travelling with an Irishman/woman.
    4. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      In one of these? car-or-boat-08.jpg
    5. itsmorrisseyyy
      itsmorrisseyyy
      Nooooo! I actually cancelled a date to stay in and watch this.
    6. Mozza220559
    7. BrummieBoy
      BrummieBoy
      You called Morrissey a "poofter" last week, now a "stupid old poof". In between you said you loved him after Leeds. Make your mind up!

best
      BB
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      So, Alan can fly from Belfast to London - but Moz + band can't? Hmmmm. I'm guessing either Moz changed his mind after they met at the gig, or Moz had a super heavy drinking session last night and missed the plane.
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That better be a joke..
    10. Carly
      Carly
      Of course that was going to happen, recorded the day after a gig thats not round the corner. Morrissey would have never been upto it for whatever reason.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Re: "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" - Morrissey appearance cancelled

Good thing he isn't releasing the song as a "single" that same day...

- - - Updated - - -

He probably read all the shit post show stuff on here after Belfast (posted mainly by those who didnt actually attend) and decided not to bother. Really...what did you expect! If I was him I also would also have stayed in bed!

For what it's worth bournemouth was THE show of the tour!

Went to see alan Carr recently and was looking forward to this but Dont blame moz for swerving it and the hatred that would inevitable follow on here.

Such a shame for genuine fans.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Jack ‏@Jfaz_ 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
      FFS was looking forward to seeing how Alan Carr and Morrissey would converse.

Richard Farrington ‏@biffa321 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
      @Jfaz_ Personally, I never really believed that would happen. You'd be watching Morrissey's uncomfortable posture through your fingers.

Thought the same when I saw this on twitter. He is even uncomfortable during fairly simple shows (for whatever reason after 30 years) so
      I couldn't really imagine him on Chatty Man (although he knows Alan).
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      More likely Morrissey actually met Alan Carr or watched a tape of one of his shows and decided against it. Very good call.
    14. Carly
      Carly
      Im pretty sure he has already seen his show, he has also met Alan before and invited him to things.
      I couldn't imagine him doing the show though, so i expected a cancellation really. Im wouldn't be suprised if he just agreed to do it to get some publicity and never intended to ever do it.
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    15. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      That was what I thought when I read this. Bizarre.

P.
    16. bluemozz
      bluemozz
      I'm Biffa321, tweeted that earlier. Think most would be watching behind the sofa. Mozza would die, "Now then Morrissey, what drink would you like?" He'd be off.
    17. bedlam breakout
      bedlam breakout
      why agree to do it in the 1st place? all this aloof pretence crap is worn much too thin these days, its boring now- he wont have had any intention of going on the show in the 1st place-that joke isn't funny anymore, grow up Morrissey -your making a fool of yourself now.
    18. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      Can anyone compare Alan Carr's show to an American show?
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous