Alain's wedding photos

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
For those of you who are friends with Mr. Whyte on facebook (and most especially for those of you who are not), he has just posted an album of wedding photos.

8531_1172814355564_1084171754_30491890_3115519_n.jpg

Aww :sweet:
The lovely newlyweds.
Mozel tov, guys :)

Here's the rest of the photos, if you're on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026848&id=1084171754&ref=nf

Cool classic black & white picture. Congratulations, Alain! :guitar:

mbr.

Looks like he's taken his profile off-line. Nice work.

It's really not for us to post someone else's pictures without permission. Bang goes my route for asking questions about the songs.

Peter

It's really not for us to post someone else's pictures without permission. Bang goes my route for asking questions about the songs.

Peter

Well I love to see a lovely wedding picture personally, and I don't see why I should join facebook to be a "friend" of Mr Whyte's, so I'm personally very glad.
I'm sure that deep inside Mr Whyte is cool, mature enough not to be offended that some of us love to see the boy happy. ( "aaaaaaaaah!" ). And I'm sure his wife's the same.
After all, when you've got everything, why should you care about internet twits, as Mr Marr would call them? :lbf:

:love:

PS/ reality check: in real life "friends" normally get invited at weddings (and I'm not saying this for Morrissey :rolleyes:).

Lovely couple.:thumb: As interesting as Russell and Katy Fred Perry, aren't they , "Hello Magazine" Peter? (cos you had Russell's permission to post a link to a pic of him in silly boots and his girlfriend with a 'just stepped out of the shower" look, I'm sure?)

picture.php

BEEEEEEEEP touché! :p

Last edited:
Was Alain's wedding pic posted as friends-only? If so, then I'm guessing he had a (valid if naive) expectation that it would remain on that basis. I've had similar things happen to my own images, so I do appreciate how annoying it is.

Not everyone views web etiquette in the same way, though and I doubt Mcrickson intended to offend anyone by posting the pic on an Alain-friendly forum. Maybe when Alain's finished having his (understandable) huff, he'll restore his Facebook page. :)

*hands Alain back his teddy*

Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures, but shouldn't they have stayed between his facebook friends?? :confused:

Bit of an intrusion posting a Face Book friend's pics here isn't it?Just gives Solow a bad name and ruins it's pristine reputation.:rolleyes:

I think the idea that posting stuff on facebook and then expecting it to be private is a little bizarre quite frankly. It's a bit like a celebrity going to celebrity hangouts and then moaning that they get bothered by photographers.

I think the idea that posting stuff on facebook and then expecting it to be private is a little bizarre quite frankly. It's a bit like a celebrity going to celebrity hangouts and then moaning that they get bothered by photographers.

Not really, though.When you see photos of celebrities getting bothered coming and going,they are in fact out in public till they are either in the establishment or their home.You can't really expect that much privacy if you are out in public.I keep my profile on facebook basically private, I accept that it is the internet and that things happen, but I generally put enough trust into those I do have on my friends list not to go and do something silly or rude.

I suppose his biggest mistake was not making a facebook, nor making it private and expecting people would respect that, but maybe adding random Morrissey fans and expecting them to respect those wishes.

Just so that Alain doesn't feel conspicuous, here's my very own super private wedding photo.

redneckwedding2.jpg

His profile isn't offline..I can still get to it..:crazy:

The only reason Alain would deny a friend request from anyone would be if they had a swastika tattooed on their forehead in their profile picture. If you add him, he WILL add you back. So basically anyone of you could have gone and registered a facebook and added him and you would've gotten to see the pictures anyway. I just saved you from having to take this step if you haven't already.

It'd be different if he picked and selected which friend requests he'd confirm, but he doesn't. He accepts everyone, because he knows we are fans of his work with Morrissey. That being the case, anything he posts becomes public to anyone who bothers to add him. I figured you would want to see the pictures, because we were all happy for him when we heard he was going to get married anyway. Also, chances are you wouldn't have even heard about THAT unless someone who was friends with him on facebook told you.

Calm down.

Unless Alain complains or removes the photos it's probably a non-issue. I can't know what he is thinking but I know that many people are very proud of their wedding photos and want to the world to see them. That's a possibility for how he feels about it just as it's possible that he feels violated.

Maybe someone who is his friend can ask him and if he says he prefers not to have them on this site mcrickson will take them down and people who quoted the image links will edit their posts too.

Fair?

Unless Alain complains or removes the photos it's probably a non-issue. I can't know what he is thinking but I know that many people are very proud of their wedding photos and want to the world to see them. That's a possibility for how he feels about it just as it's possible that he feels violated.

Maybe someone who is his friend can ask him and if he says he prefers not to have them on this site mcrickson will take them down and people who quoted the image links will edit their posts too.

Fair?

I'd be absolutely fine with that.

But I don't know what some of the previous posters were talking about -- his profile is definitely NOT offline..

The only reason Alain would deny a friend request from anyone would be if they had a swastika tattooed on their forehead in their profile picture. If you add him, he WILL add you back. So basically anyone of you could have gone and registered a facebook and added him and you would've gotten to see the pictures anyway.

How do you know?

It'd be different if he picked and selected which friend requests he'd confirm, but he doesn't. He accepts everyone, because he knows we are fans of his work with Morrissey.

How do you know?

That being the case, anything he posts becomes public to anyone who bothers to add him.

That being the case, anything he posts DOESN'T become public to those who HAVEN'T added him? I'm sure there are people on here who have seen the pictures now, but haven't added him or are not even on facebook. Where does the reasoning go then? :confused:

How do you know?

Try it.

How do you know?

Again, try it.
Both he and Boz do this. I haven't really cared to see if Jesse/Mikey/Kristopher/Matt/Solomon/Gary/Spencer/etc. have facebook pages, but I'd imagine they would too.
Boz is kind enough to answer any fan questions, and I've talked to him many times about guitar specifics. If he didn't want to talk to me, he didn't have to add me -- he doesn't know me personally. Either does Alain.

That being the case, anything he posts DOESN'T become public to those who HAVEN'T added him? I'm sure there are people on here who have seen the pictures now, but haven't added him or are not even on facebook. Where does the reasoning go then? :confused:

My point is regarding how SIMPLE it would be to become friends with him and to see the pictures. Again, he WILL accept you if you request him. It's that easy. I posted this BECAUSE of the people who are not on facebook -- I enjoyed seeing the pictures and thought you all would too. There are undoubtedly many reasons why one would not join facebook. But it is free. Anyone can join. And anyone can send a friend request to Alain. Simple. It really all comes down to whether or not you actually want to look at the pictures.

A lot of the above is assumption by you.

At the end of the day, you took private pictures off somebody's webpage that are only accessible to people HE has decided to befriend, irrespective of whatever criteria he uses, and posted them on a public forum.

THAT'S how SIMPLE it is.

Tags
dont be mean icanposttagstoo stfu pftlt worstthreadever
Back
Top Bottom