Alain Whyte (video) interview - John Robb (April 11, 2022)

Screenshot_20220411-223826~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah!!! That good but some heart of solidarity can tell me that said Alain de Moz and the future with Morrissey please thank you very much

Thank you I received the translation of Alain's report on youtube, to listen to later! Alain very cute Alain always seemed attractive !!!

I started off with the intention of skipping through the interview but watched it all. Great information and I wish John had asked more about the latest collab with Moz but still lovely to hear everything Alain had to say.

Well, of course, Richard was in the Longpigs, who were a Suede wannabe band that happened to be good.
Their first LP was great. Richard was meant to be in M's band but M didn't want him, probably due to his looks.
To me I think it was a crying shame, Richard music-wise is way way beyond Alain, I don't say that to be cruel. Richards's first few LPs were great. He would have taken M some great places.
Whatever, this was nice to listen to .
Thank you

From what I always heard, Alain and Boz weren't really into the Smiths at all.
They only really started listening when they joined M.
It was then Alain decided to ape Johnny, as he released that's what M really wanted
But I guess he would know

Alain doesn't seem like the brightest person.
Yes M could be the would-be leader of Brit-pop, lots of those bands were into Smiths, Damon loved the Smiths has stuck up for him, to this day. A lot of the Brit pop lot actually quoted old M interviews. The thing is though, The Jam were also pro brit poppers and M got stuff from them and all of them got it from The Kinks Its tradition.

Well, of course, Richard was in the Longpigs, who were a Suede wannabe band that happened to be good.
Their first LP was great. Richard was meant to be in M's band but M didn't want him, probably due to his looks.
To me I think it was a crying shame, Richard music-wise is way way beyond Alain, I don't say that to be cruel. Richards's first few LPs were great. He would have taken M some great places.
Whatever, this was nice to listen to .
Thank you

It was surprising to me how Moz seemed to choose his band on looks over anything else. I guess he got lucky with how talented Alain was.

It was surprising to me how Moz seemed to choose his band on looks over anything else. I guess he got lucky with how talented Alain was.
It wasn't surprising to me, I don't say that in a know it all way.
I would do the same thing as M, I expect. M is very much of a very British working-class stock. We are very style led.
As Jon said, the clothing is as important as the music, in some ways.

M has always been very visual. In my mind, Boz and the boys were M's version of being in the New York Dolls.
I really enjoyed this interview. Nice to see Jon and Alain are ageing well. Its a shame M has aged so badly.
I wish he would have looked after himself more. I love him and all. Just saying.

Yes, nice interview but I lack information, there were many questions from the past, not the future, I thought Alain was going to tell what he is doing and will do with Moz, he just says he is back with Moz but nothing more. Alain is much younger than Morrissey, I don't think Moz is aging badly. Moz needs to lose a few pounds and maybe do more gymnastics to tone the muscles to look better, but Moz is very special, and I want him as he is, he is attractive, but he is much more for me!!!!

I also think Moz should improve his wardrobe, but Moz is much more than a physical body, !!! The final part where Alain says that Johnny asked him if he would work with Moz again... And Johnny would work with Morrissey again? Did anyone ask Marr that? I know the answer, I think Marr is dying to do something with Moz

The one who has the least ego is Boz, he is the simplest and is very talented, Boz seems good, he is the one who spent the most time next to Moz I hope they maintain a good relationship. Alain said Moz is more relaxed and changed. My Mozuchis is a good man but many do not understand aspects of his way of being, Moz goes head-on and people do not like that, but I love it!! Now I want fresh information from Moz maybe a current photo,,sighting.......

I like him a lot and really liked the change when I saw him on Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, tho I had not seen the Smiths live
I have a special place in my heart nostalgically for that early 90s incarnation of Morrissey's career. But even objectively, many years later, I still think it's my favorite period of his output. I love the Smiths and Johnny's a genius (well, he used to be) but Alain was MY Morrissey guitarist. I was so happy when he rejoined. There's something about him at Morrissey's side that just feels right.

I have a special place in my heart nostalgically for that early 90s incarnation of Morrissey's career. But even objectively, many years later, I still think it's my favorite period of his output. I love the Smiths and Johnny's a genius (well, he used to be) but Alain was MY Morrissey guitarist. I was so happy when he rejoined. There's something about him at Morrissey's side that just feels right.
I really love that part of Morrissey's career and Alain too, I really have preferred that solo part to the Smiths. I do think Alain and M have a chemistry together that was absent with Marr and they just seem much more grown up, it was a more mature and confident Morrissey. Alain has swagger, he's just so cool. I remember seeing them for the first time and it was just magical, more than I had hoped for.

Yes, nice interview but I lack information, there were many questions from the past, not the future, I thought Alain was going to tell what he is doing and will do with Moz, he just says he is back with Moz but nothing more.
I guess he's cagey because he's fully aware whatever happens next is up to Morrissey, not him. Not much point in Alain laying out huge plans at this stage - on a whim Moz could change his mind and he suddenly finds he's out of the band again and Boz back in, or his songwriting services are no longer required. Alain seems aware that his position is precarious - but even if it all ends again tomorrow, it looks as though this return has been mentally healing for him, and will help get rid of the bitter taste of the previous exit.

I guess he's cagey because he's fully aware whatever happens next is up to Morrissey, not him. Not much point in Alain laying out huge plans at this stage - on a whim Moz could change his mind and he suddenly finds he's out of the band again and Boz back in, or his songwriting services are no longer required. Alain seems aware that his position is precarious - but even if it all ends again tomorrow, it looks as though this return has been mentally healing for him, and will help get rid of the bitter taste of the previous exit.
So what’s the actual deal, has Boz left the band for sure? I know that he didn’t play at that last run of shows in Vegas, but I’ve never heard either way what his status is? What’s going on with that?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom