Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" teaser video & lineup/tour update (August 2, 2020)

20200803_002001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In any other year this would be kinda surprising. This is 2020; it doesn't even get on the top 100 "And finally..." rejects.

2020 is the year when Life became one endless Acid trip...

the graphics and “tell me” title together make me feel like this is a commercial for some feminine products. wonder if SER put this together?

Cobrin hypocrite

Cobrin hypocrite
The Spencer rants of a few weeks back were bizarre but also a shame as it does put a question mark on his involvement here. If it's a tour completely based around the songs they've all had some part in writing alongside Moz, you're absolutely correct NC.

Btw, the "Tell me" snippets sound like they were taken directly from the Maladjusted sessions and Craig was such a cool dude in the TLOTFIP video. They all will look amazing together, no one's got a mullet for sure. Do I sound nostalgic?

@Phranc & Open you had so many great ideas but Craig "fascinating bungle" Gannon wasn't on your radar, hmm?

Last edited:
Btw, the "Tell me" snippets sound like they were taken directly from the Maladjusted sessions and Craig was such a cool dude in the TLOTFIP video. They all will look amazing together, no one's got a mullet for sure. Do I sound nostalgic?
It sounds like We'll Let You Know.

Last edited:
To pull Craig out of the hat is most bizzare. For that reason alone, Alain will never work with Morrissey again. I hope he is aware of that.

To pull Craig out of the hat is most bizzare. For that reason alone, Alain will never work with Morrissey again. I hope he is aware of that.

Good guitarist though and really filled out the sound when the Smiths played live. I thought Morrissey liked Craig.

Morrissey released a new album just a few months ago. What else do we need? God knows, I could live without him doing political broadcasts "Live from Betty's Living Room".

I get that the 'Lads' have reconnected and there's a nostalgia element to it for the diehards but this is hilariously bad - a 'tour' of Moz rejects and one guy who was a Smith for 2 minutes in 1986. People attacked Andy & Mike for the "Classically Smiths" crash-grab, deservedly, and this is the same crap in a different guise.
Harsh but fair!

The real tragedy of this is that Alain should still be working with Morrissey instead of being part of what is, essentially, a nostalgia act.

Johnny, Alain and Stephen Street are his three most important collaborators, in that order.
Dude, remember that Alain wrote more songs than Marr, around 70. Of Marr's, about 55-60 were pretty much perfect. Of Alain's only about 10 were. Street gave us more genius Morrissey songs than Whyte despite composing a small number in total. Alain = a nice bloke but his contributions to the back catalogue were more quantity than quality. Think of a duff song between 95 and 2010, and it'll be a Morrissey Whte composition.

This is weird.

AW.jpg

Love it. Spencer looks like Rock Hudson.
The pictures of the Lads are from the Your Arsenal cassette insert. Original lettering and all... they just awkwardly added a picture of baby Craig.

I think it's really interesting and if they play in Manchester, they would probably pull a decent crowd at somewhere like Gorilla on Whitworth Street.

Morrissey released a new album just a few months ago. What else do we need? God knows, I could live without him doing political broadcasts "Live from Betty's Living Room".

I get that the 'Lads' have reconnected and there's a nostalgia element to it for the diehards but this is hilariously bad - a 'tour' of Moz rejects and one guy who was a Smith for 2 minutes in 1986. People attacked Andy & Mike for the "Classically Smiths" crash-grab, deservedly, and this is the same crap in a different guise.

I think Classically Smiths would have been a huge success if they could have got it off the ground, Hacienda Classical is a massive success, regularly selling out Castlefield Bowl with only the odd member of the original bands playing.

Alain is still writing great music and this is great news. I can't understand why some people here have to be so salty about everything.

That song, by the way, is brilliant like most stuff he writes. It could well have been on Vauxhall.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom