Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" EP released digitally (April 27, 2022); in-store signing (Kaos Records in Covina CA, April 30, 2022)

Alain's Tell Me EP is released today via Spotify, Amazon et al.
30 years to the day that We Hate It... was released.
Regards,
FWD.

Posted by Redacted:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree with all of that. His vocals are a less-is-more thing. Great for harmonies/backing but not meant to be the main attraction. It's a "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" dynamic. I like Alain a lot but his voice is not meant to carry a song. The songs themselves, though, are consistently great.

I'm just kind of nervous that he's so chummy with Gannon and Spencer. I have a hard time understanding how M is OK with that, being as jealous and territorial and petty as he is. Mind you I'm not saying those are bad traits in his case; he's always been like that and it's worked for him. But it confounds me how he has brought Alain back yet doesn't mind that Alain's solo backing band is mostly comprised of people who have publicly badmouthed M. Kind of cucky on M's part.
Well Moz must think that Alain is Alain and that the rest does not exist..... Cobrin seems horrible to me, Moz does not want it, but with Alain it is different

Alain would do well to get someone else to write his lyrics for him. He could easily as a director does with an actor just tell the person, this is what I want to say in the song and hopefully get some flowing words to sing. I don't write songs but I do write stories and scripts with dialogue and I can tell you even if it isn't a song the words still need to take certain shapes and fill out certain rhythms to work well. One can give a great actor terrible dialogue and it won't matter one bit how skilful that actor is, the words will still come out like banal drivel. I know because I've written come clumsy dialogue and then heard it out of the actor's mouth and had to fix it quick smart.

Before Alain's first Vegas gigs with Morrissey, Alain was already playing with the Other Guys and Morrissey had to have known about it then. Since then Alain has been invited back for another Vegas run and is as far as we know he is slated to co write the next album.

So taking all that into account, I don't see his "chumminess" with the Other Guys as an issue at all and I definitely don't see it as a cuckold move. Quite the opposite actually. Morrissey may have realised he ain't getting any younger and may have mellowed just a little when it comes to forgiving someone.

He may see bringing Alain back into the fold as one last chance to write some more songs to save your life... so to speak. Remember it takes guts to be gentle and kind and Morrissey may see it as an opportune time to put his money where his BIG mouth is. Lol, managed to get a few lyrics in there. Sorry couldn't help myself :)

I also don't see Alain's return as a replacement for Boz Boorer. Boz didn't write anything on the Dog album and as far as I am concerned it is one of his strongest collections of songs in recent times. Clearly he hasn't just brought Alain along to play rhythm guitar for a gig here and there. It's a big damn deal welcoming Alain back and I suspect Morrissey has big plans for that relationship to produce some fire.
I agree with all of that. The "cucky" comment was tongue in cheek. But yeah what you are saying makes sense. I can't wait to hear the new album or the album he's writing with Alain; after Dog I think he can do absolutely anything. That album is truly one of my all time favorites of his.

This has a Rialto vibe to it, and I loved Rialto's first album.

Alain's voice reminds me a lot of Ian Mc Culloch's of the Bunymen. The music sounds like a mixture of 90s Morrissey (Tell me, There's always a tomorrow) and Suede (Crush) with lots of vintage grandezza. On "Tomorrow" he even intones like his master's voice. His best solo work yet and I really would like to grab a 12" (which seems impossible).

Last edited:
I agree with all of that. The "cucky" comment was tongue in cheek. But yeah what you are saying makes sense. I can't wait to hear the new album or the album he's writing with Alain; after Dog I think he can do absolutely anything. That album is truly one of my all time favorites of his.
Yeah can't wait also. I just play that 15 sec snippet of I am Veronica daily to keep me positive that it'll get a release.

I like Alain but man, the lyrics are borderline comical and his singing is pretty awful. His band would be so awesome if they were in their early 90's prime...could you imagine seeing them tour in 1991 or '92?

Todavia no nos muestra Bonfire, Ianadoac estuvo muy bien, queda ver que pasa con BOT, y luego con el proximo album que segun dicen hara con Alain. Con Alain Moz tiene una gran quimica artistica muchas de sus mejores canciones estan con alain Alain me encanta es un buen guitarrista. Y buen corista. Pero su fuerte es componer y si es por Moz mejor. Como cantante no me gusta. Yo creo que no tiene condiciones para cantar.,dijo con todo respeto porque a mi me gusta mucho Alain

Sunny Days minus the 'baby' lyric seems to summate the last couple of years - mildly autobiographical perhaps?
I enjoyed the EP.
Like the harmonica use & the familiar feel of it all.
Luckily, other subjective opinions seldom shape my own.
Regards,
FWD.

Sunny Days minus the 'baby' lyric seems to summate the last couple of years - mildly autobiographical perhaps?
I enjoyed the EP.
Like the harmonica use & the familiar feel of it all.
Luckily, other subjective opinions seldom shape my own.
Regards,
FWD.

Wouldn't mind hearin' the new version my own self.
I'll be honest with ya FWD, the Ep is put together real well.

Why? Do you know him personally?
Of course I don't know him and I'm not interested, I don't like what I read regarding what happened between Cobrin and Morrissey. Things I read including in autobio, give me indications that there were people who did not treat Moz well.and until they made fun of him... If Moz has his character but that does not justify certain things

Of course I don't know him and I'm not interested, I don't like what I read regarding what happened between Cobrin and Morrissey. Things I read including in autobio, give me indications that there were people who did not treat Moz well.and until they made fun of him... If Moz has his character but that does not justify certain things
You mean not "treating well" like ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" via fax?

That's hearsay. There's no proof of it & he's never quoted this fax.
I'm just quoting Scott Matthew. What you make of it, is your business. Others claim to know, from their own research, that Morrissey was mistreated by Cobrin. That's OK with you?

I'm just quoting Scott Matthew. What you make of it, is your business. Others claim to know, from their own research, that Morrissey was mistreated by Cobrin. That's OK with you?

You were repeating it as a fact - it's an unverified anecdote.

Luijissy didn't make any specific allegations. It's her emotional impression from things she's read.

Something went wrong in their relationship - at the moment, we don't really know what.

You were repeating it as a fact - it's an unverified anecdote.

Luijissy didn't make any specific allegations. It's her emotional impression from things she's read.

Something went wrong in their relationship - at the moment, we don't really know what.
The people who look deeper into the matter know who made the assertion, which, by the way, is also marked as a quotation. Others express their hurt feelings when they think their beloved Morrissey suffered from Cobrin. Oh you, there must be people who speak for Cobrin, who co-wrote some of the best songs of the 97 phase and is Alain's friend.

The people who look deeper into the matter know who made the assertion, which, by the way, is also marked as a quotation. Others express their hurt feelings when they think their beloved Morrissey suffered from Cobrin. Oh you, there must be people who speak for Cobrin, who co-wrote some of the best songs of the 97 phase and is Alain's friend.

:confused:

the people who look deeper into the matter know who made the
'quotation assertion'o_O

well, if thats the case i have good news, i researched deeply and came up with the whole affair being nothing but pap. peeps that wanted
to get a touch off Moz, as usual.🧑‍🏫

:straightface:
Cobrin was another that wanted to wet his beak so to speak:bird:

Researched QED let no one speak of it anymore
:hammer:

Thanks, appreciate the details. Will there be an additional bundle option for all three vinyls *plus* the CD? And will Alain be signing items purchased from the online store?
Hi and sorry for the delayed response. And no thanks needed, but you're quite welcome.
Yes, there will be a bundle with the cd. Discounted, as well like the previous EP's. Also, digital download cards included. One will include the standard EP tracks and the other will have acoustic tracks on. Should be up on the site very soon.

I do not delve into matters I only read many things about Moz and adopt an opinion, but when reading sometimes I sense that although it is not clear and not said with direct words there are mockery towards Moz, I do not want to inquire but the intuocion makes me draw that conclusion :unsure::(:unsure::(

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom