Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" EP released digitally (April 27, 2022); in-store signing (Kaos Records in Covina CA, April 30, 2022)

Alain's Tell Me EP is released today via Spotify, Amazon et al.
30 years to the day that We Hate It... was released.
Regards,
FWD.

Posted by Redacted:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if he is gigging?
He is playing with M for the upcoming shows and has sincerely been enjoying doing so. There are no solo gigs scheduled at this time. If I had to guess, and there’s time freed up and schedules align, I could see them mixing in some shows in the UK around some needed studio time for a talked about full length. Hard to say how soon though.

That's not necessarily the case. Morrissey was perfectly happy to 're-make' previously released solo Alain songs in the past (as was the case with 'Irish Blood, English Heart') so there's nothing stopping him doing it again if he gets the urge.

wow I had no idea the song existed in another form prior to IBEH. thanks for posting this! :thumb:

Morrissey may still use it, if Alain could bear being humbled.

That's not necessarily the case. Morrissey was perfectly happy to 're-make' previously released solo Alain songs in the past (as was the case with 'Irish Blood, English Heart') so there's nothing stopping him doing it again if he gets the urge.

There's more to the story then just Moz
remakin' the song.
There was somthin' about the song not
gettin' released right and then Al said
that Moz could go ahead and use it.

A pretty good song... but like others said he seems a bit restrained in his vocal. Would love to hear him let loose... it would elevate the song... but still one I would listen to again.

he's definitely getting better! the outro is really nice and well produced. i do agree that he takes horrible pictures! he always looks v uncomfortable and trying to be something he's not (90s morrissey). in this particular photo he looks like he's in line for the bathroom and he wishes he was at home instead. i'm happy that he's making music and working w/ morrissey again.

wow I had no idea the song existed in another form prior to IBEH. thanks for posting this! :thumb:
Have a listen to paranoia and stay with me. You just might notice don’t make fun of daddy’s voice and first of the gang.

He is playing with M for the upcoming shows and has sincerely been enjoying doing so. There are no solo gigs scheduled at this time. If I had to guess, and there’s time freed up and schedules align, I could see them mixing in some shows in the UK around some needed studio time for a talked about full length. Hard to say how soon though.
I'm so happy for the two of you. He has found someone that loves him and cares.

TBH, it continues to be a little more of the same. Vinyl is done and ready (and looks amazing). CD's, too. Items are still arriving on a daily basis and need to photographed for the site, etc. More info to come. As I get it, I'm happy to share :)

Thanks, appreciate the details. Will there be an additional bundle option for all three vinyls *plus* the CD? And will Alain be signing items purchased from the online store?

I like Tell Me and Sunny Days, just a shame he played both on his youtube well over a year ago so neither feel new. Luckily There's Always Tomorrow was saved for the proper release as I think it's the best of the bunch. I've really enjoyed all this Alain Whyte content in the past few years, more eps and possibly another Morrissey album would be much appreciated!

His vocals sound like a demo. If I'm the producer I'm telling Alain...

- "Ok Al that was a good first try but let's really go for it with this next one."

To me he sounds afraid to let loose with his voice. It sounds too controlled and timid, like he's not found his solo vocal style yet. We know he has done some exquisite backing vocals back in the day so he has pipes. But these pipes sound like they need cleaning.

The music is kinda nice though. Would be great if someone we know sang over it. Lyrics are a little clunky too but you gotta go with what you got and it takes guts to do it.
Absolutely agree with all of that. His vocals are a less-is-more thing. Great for harmonies/backing but not meant to be the main attraction. It's a "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" dynamic. I like Alain a lot but his voice is not meant to carry a song. The songs themselves, though, are consistently great.

I'm just kind of nervous that he's so chummy with Gannon and Spencer. I have a hard time understanding how M is OK with that, being as jealous and territorial and petty as he is. Mind you I'm not saying those are bad traits in his case; he's always been like that and it's worked for him. But it confounds me how he has brought Alain back yet doesn't mind that Alain's solo backing band is mostly comprised of people who have publicly badmouthed M. Kind of cucky on M's part.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with all of that. His vocals are a less-is-more thing. Great for harmonies/backing but not meant to be the main attraction. It's a "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" dynamic. I like Alain a lot but his voice is not meant to carry a song. The songs themselves, though, are consistently great.

I'm just kind of nervous that he's so chummy with Gannon and Spencer. I have a hard time understanding how M is OK with that, being as jealous and territorial and petty as he is. Mind you I'm not saying those are bad traits in his case; he's always been like that and it's worked for him. But it confounds me how he has brought Alain back yet doesn't mind that Alain's solo backing band is mostly comprised of people who have publicly badmouthed M. Kind of cucky on M's part.
Yep, it does indeed seem pretty awkward. Don't think we've officially been told who's in the band for these upcoming shows, although Alain's implied that he's definitely in...

Alain would do well to get someone else to write his lyrics for him. He could easily as a director does with an actor just tell the person, this is what I want to say in the song and hopefully get some flowing words to sing. I don't write songs but I do write stories and scripts with dialogue and I can tell you even if it isn't a song the words still need to take certain shapes and fill out certain rhythms to work well. One can give a great actor terrible dialogue and it won't matter one bit how skilful that actor is, the words will still come out like banal drivel. I know because I've written come clumsy dialogue and then heard it out of the actor's mouth and had to fix it quick smart.

Before Alain's first Vegas gigs with Morrissey, Alain was already playing with the Other Guys and Morrissey had to have known about it then. Since then Alain has been invited back for another Vegas run and is as far as we know he is slated to co write the next album.

So taking all that into account, I don't see his "chumminess" with the Other Guys as an issue at all and I definitely don't see it as a cuckold move. Quite the opposite actually. Morrissey may have realised he ain't getting any younger and may have mellowed just a little when it comes to forgiving someone.

He may see bringing Alain back into the fold as one last chance to write some more songs to save your life... so to speak. Remember it takes guts to be gentle and kind and Morrissey may see it as an opportune time to put his money where his BIG mouth is. Lol, managed to get a few lyrics in there. Sorry couldn't help myself :)

I also don't see Alain's return as a replacement for Boz Boorer. Boz didn't write anything on the Dog album and as far as I am concerned it is one of his strongest collections of songs in recent times. Clearly he hasn't just brought Alain along to play rhythm guitar for a gig here and there. It's a big damn deal welcoming Alain back and I suspect Morrissey has big plans for that relationship to produce some fire.

Last edited:
Alain's Tell Me EP is released today via Spotify, Amazon et al.
30 years to the day that We Hate It... was released.
Regards,
FWD.

Posted by Redacted:

full
I'm from Covina, I will be there to plead the case of a revised setlist for Vegas shows, going to recommend Last night I dreamt, Just haven't earned & There is a place.....

Yes, I agree.
Hopefully he will found his voice. I think like you say, he isn't secure in his voice.
The key is to just let go. I like that fact he has stayed true to the rockabilly stuff. this art is very vintage 50s
any idea if he is playing gigs?
I just listened to his lockdown version. His vocals are much better on that.
So, yes he def can sing
Let's just let the angels sing!!!. Our Angel.Moz is unmatched.!!!!!🎤📝;)

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom