Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" EP released digitally (April 27, 2022); in-store signing (Kaos Records in Covina CA, April 30, 2022)

Alain's Tell Me EP is released today via Spotify, Amazon et al.
30 years to the day that We Hate It... was released.
Regards,
FWD.

Posted by Redacted:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Alain's Tell Me EP is released today via Spotify, Amazon et al.
30 years to the day that We Hate It... was released.
Regards,
FWD

Interesting that his website is not updated to make the records available for purchase as was customary for the first two releases - with bundles, etc. Especially since he has voiced frustration with the pressing plant and supply chain delays. I'm surprised the digital versions are available for sale without capacity to buy the physical formats.

Perhaps @dneuer has some updates in this department?

Interesting that his website is not updated to make the records available for purchase as was customary for the first two releases - with bundles, etc. Especially since he has voiced frustration with the pressing plant and supply chain delays. I'm surprised the digital versions are available for sale without capacity to buy the physical formats.

Perhaps @dneuer has some updates in this department?
TBH, it continues to be a little more of the same. Vinyl is done and ready (and looks amazing). CD's, too. Items are still arriving on a daily basis and need to photographed for the site, etc. More info to come. As I get it, I'm happy to share :)

He doesn’t take a good photo

Screenshot_20220428-022826~2.png

I love Alain but to sing mmmmm I think he should continue composing with Morrissey and with his guitar and maybe doing the backing vocals in Moz but singing no, mmm does not convince me!!!!!

Anyone know if all tracks are with Day/Cobrin/Gannon or just the title track?

We adore that jacket - very Dylan 'Freewheeling' isn't it? Mr Shandy wore something similar three years ago when summonsed to a 'speed awareness' course. He made quite an impression on the lovely young chap taking the transgressors through 20 mile an hour signage and the etiquette of box junctions. HOWEVER - we had the last laugh. Mr Shandy took the course for me, for it was MYSELF who had exceeded the speed limit on Oldham Road, Mr Shandy can barely find second gear, let alone do 48 in a 30 mile an hour zone through Newton Heath. We beat the system that day and celebrated with a mince up town to the 'Unicorn' later that very afternoon.

a very catchy song from alain,like marr not the best singer in the world but still a good song.
wonder what M would have done with that music,could have been a classic,but alas we will never know.

wonder what M would have done with that music,could have been a classic,but alas we will never know.
That's not necessarily the case. Morrissey was perfectly happy to 're-make' previously released solo Alain songs in the past (as was the case with 'Irish Blood, English Heart') so there's nothing stopping him doing it again if he gets the urge.

a very catchy song from alain,like marr not the best singer in the world but still a good song.
He's a much better singer than Marr, not that that's saying very much.

Its good Alain is putting out his own stuff. He seems like a nice guy.
Its risky though, if he wants to stay on board with M. M could think "he may save the best tracks for himself" which would be a huge mistake. With AW singing, its just a nice song
With M singing, it could be a 90s style classic .

It seems AW is a bit of a Martin from Gene in as much, as he tries his best to have pics taken M style, sings, at times, M style. For me, it doesn't really work. I'm not sure hes gonna get very far .
The trouble is M does M better than anyone else. Richard Hawley does Richard Hawley better than anyone else. Its typical of M he turns Richard Hawley down and takes on AW who is now like 3rd division Richard Hawley
When I found out in the 90s that M turned Richard down i was gutted, as The Longpigs were great and when Richard did his own stuff ,which is a bit M influenced, I thought Jeez what a great team they would have been. Alas..

His vocals sound like a demo. If I'm the producer I'm telling Alain...

- "Ok Al that was a good first try but let's really go for it with this next one."

To me he sounds afraid to let loose with his voice. It sounds too controlled and timid, like he's not found his solo vocal style yet. We know he has done some exquisite backing vocals back in the day so he has pipes. But these pipes sound like they need cleaning.

The music is kinda nice though. Would be great if someone we know sang over it. Lyrics are a little clunky too but you gotta go with what you got and it takes guts to do it.

His vocals sound like a demo. If I'm the producer I'm telling Alain...

- "Ok Al that was a good first try but let's really go for it with this next one."

To me he sounds afraid to let loose with his voice. It sounds too controlled and timid, like he's not found his solo vocal style yet. We know he has done some exquisite backing vocals back in the day so he has pipes. But these pipes sound like they need cleaning.

The music is kinda nice though. Would be great if someone we know sang over it. Lyrics are a little clunky too but you gotta go with what you got and it takes guts to do it.
Yes, I agree.
Hopefully he will found his voice. I think like you say, he isn't secure in his voice.
The key is to just let go. I like that fact he has stayed true to the rockabilly stuff. this art is very vintage 50s
any idea if he is playing gigs?
I just listened to his lockdown version. His vocals are much better on that.
So, yes he def can sing

Last edited:
He’s a better singer than Marr - those notes he holds in the chorus are far beyond anything Marr could manage - but it stills suffers from some of the same problems: a fairly nondescript voice and clunky lyrics. Talented guitarists/songwriters aren’t always cut out to be frontmen unfortunately...

TBH, it continues to be a little more of the same. Vinyl is done and ready (and looks amazing). CD's, too. Items are still arriving on a daily basis and need to photographed for the site, etc. More info to come. As I get it, I'm happy to share :)
Do you know if he is gigging?

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom