Alain Whyte reminisces about "Southpaw Grammar" on Facebook, released 20 years ago (Aug. 28, 1995)

If you start pulling apart 'Southpaw Grammar', and comparing it on a song by song basis, it might not fare so well against some other Morrissey records. But listened to as an *album*, from start to finish, it is very cohesive, and one of his best.

yeah man, how cool would it be to get that band together - say Alain singing...

i think theres more room in the world than we as humans can ever possibly fill. if they made a band album id be nothing but happy for them having fun and doing there thing. i was gonna say let boz sing but thats really more of a joke. id say let alain sing or get a one guy non famous to just have some fun with as the "singer". they should be singing there life. they should start today

Unfortunately, that ship has most likely well and truly sailed. All five of the core Nineties Lads (counting Day and Bridgwood) are in far different stations of life. They are more apt to add a nice comment to one another's Facebook posts these days. And, with Boz, you have the persnickety issue of continued employment by Morrissey.

He would never, ever do it - but, if Morrissey were to record a "final" album, I would like to see him create it with Whyte, Boorer, Cobrin, and Day - with perhaps Mike Farrell contributing for good measure. The originals have grown by leaps and bounds as musicians and I think it could be a big triumph.

Southpaw Grammar - fantastic LP. Morrissey in strange (distant, he left forever illusion that something esentiali will change in his existence) aura and band on fire like never before or after. From start to finish I love this album. If you claim that you "get" Morrissey, SG is and will be something very special.
"Southpaw"

You were a boy before
You became a man
I don't see the joy
And you ran with your pals in the sun
You turned around and they were gone
Again...

A sick boy should be treated
So easily defeated
Oh, I just don't understand
So you ran with your pals in the sun
You turned around