Alain Whyte: "Our Frank" live (Morrissey mention)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Famous when dead, Sep 16, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Sep 16, 2019 at 9:36 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

20190916_213526.jpg

Regards,
    FWD.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Famous when dead, Sep 16, 2019.

1. celibate
      celibate
      Whyteside Forever...great he chooses a song from Kill Uncle, the first single of the album...loathed by lots, but isn't that bad...good performance Alain.
      • Like Like x 4
    2. gashonthenail
      gashonthenail
      Alain is a dude. Cool guy.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      how will you know its shit if you don't press play.i quite like it,alain will tell you himself he hasn't the best voice but it was a decent effort,you wouldn't know because you haven't pressed play.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. A Man Escaped
      A Man Escaped
      Whatever the merits or otherwise of this, its sad that arguably Morrissey's best post Smiths collaborator doesn't seem to have moved on. I'm surprised he doesn't follow him around on this tour with a large placard with "I'm sorry Morrissey, please take me back!" on it.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    5. Ben Budd
      Ben Budd
      Mate, when are you going to pack this gimmick in? It was dead on arrival and it's just getting worse.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. vegan cro spirit 444
      vegan cro spirit 444
      True account of the life and times of all the past and former lawnmowers.;)
      all they do is Moz 24/7, they dont like him but always the sponging attempts.
      o_O

they all congregate at the Moz forum FFS:mad: and post the sucky music here:sick:
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. King Leer
      King Leer
      Barely time to come here anymore -- Moz solo is as Moz solo does.
      Nice to see Alain in good spirits and on form. Yes, the vocals are a bit ropey but I wish I had been there for this little outing.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      The lead guitar is very good, but Alain Whyte's voice ....
    9. Amy
      Amy
      Between him and Johnny, I don't know who has the worst voice. Good God.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. bedlam breakout
      bedlam breakout
      lovely guy and part of the legacy of Morrissey for which we should all respect, although why he has never been able to spell simple words like alan and white properly has always baffled me
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is an odd assertion considering he’s about to release his second EP of solo material in just the last ~10 months.

He clearly stated why he played this song at the beginning of the clip and has noted elsewhere it’s a tribute to someone he still considers a friend.

As for the other Moz songs he’s played, they seem to be ones he’d written. Personally I have no issues with this any more than I do with Johnny playing Smiths songs.

Much of the negative commentary seems to echo that which Johnny endured when he first started playing solo. The irony of all this is that Morrissey likely wouldn’t be who we all (well, some of us still) love and appreciate if it weren’t for both Johnny and Alain and their efforts. They’ve both earned their right to play and yes, sing what they want. Like it or not they are part of the Mozzer legacy and fortunately they’ve both embraced it and not shunned it.

12. gonzax
      gonzax
      Top guy and I really miss his writing for Morrissey. This was very good and everyone can have their own favorite song, I dont know why some people here are whining about it; it's special to him for many reasons as he very well explains in the video. It's a great song anyway even if the production for that album sucked big time.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Possibly one of the worst Morrissey songs ever. Definitely top five somewhere near He Cried and all of Southpaw. And an awful version!
    14. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      "lawnmower PARTS."
    15. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      Other than that, what did you think?
    16. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      ...was outstanding! I agree.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    17. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      I will say that Alain looks way better than our favorite white haired grouch. The musicianship was top notch, so let's compare that to Moz's latest rendition of "Wedding Bell Blues." Which do you prefer? Be honest.
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    18. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      Wedding Bell Blues sociopath. I reckon I thought you died in prison inn n nnn nnn nn nnn n n nn n n it.

johnnie ray.jpg
      • Troll Troll x 1
    19. Johnnie Ray
      Johnnie Ray
      Funny gimmick you got there, innit?
    20. vegan cro spirit 444
      vegan cro spirit 444
      :rolleyes:

there is an opening in the Comet music field, maybe you should have Alain T and his salad punk rock drummer look into it.:grin: