Alain Whyte: "Nothing Lasts Forever" (Due December 14, 2022)

Screenshot_20221207-010147.png

alainwhytemusic-07122022-0001.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-010008~2.png

Update:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Thanks! The response has been really positive so far. It’s a good sign, too that some prefer the b-side of original material.

While the cover/reimagining of the Echo choon is very good, "Principle Friend" was one of the Red Lightning songs I was most keen on. The rhythm has a nice "lope" to it that seems to pay homage to "Interesting Drug" w/out aping it outright. Glad to finally hear a true studio version of it. I hope Alain sees fit to eventually bring "Baby I'm Strange," "Crushed," and "Something Out of Nothing" in from the cold, too.

While the cover/reimagining of the Echo choon is very good, "Principle Friend" was one of the Red Lightning songs I was most keen on. The rhythm has a nice "lope" to it that seems to pay homage to "Interesting Drug" w/out aping it outright. Glad to finally hear a true studio version of it. I hope Alain sees fit to eventually bring "Baby I'm Strange," "Crushed," and "Something Out of Nothing" in from the cold, too.

My favorite underrated gem from the Red Lightning days is "Baby Come Back." It's too bad Moz didn't re-use some of the Red Lightning tunes and redid the lyrics.

Have I got good news for you, then! 😉
Baby, I’m Strange is penned in as the next EP title track and will be out next year. That could change but I’d say it’s about 95.887% certain.
I’ve always loved Crushed as well and am pushing for it to be re-recorded with Gaz, Spen & Craig. It’s too good of a song (lyrically it’s really strong… maybe one of his best, and the music is great, too) for it to relegated to the relatively unknown Red Lightning cd (which is available in the online shop 😉).
Still some really good stuff in the pipeline. Just trying to find a good balance between the solo stuff and the tunes/shows with M.

Thanks for sharing these. Someone’s gotta stay on top of things 😉

CDs literally just arrived and are available thru the shop. Will put something out about it soon. They look REALLY nice in hand. Went with a matte finish on the jacket and it honestly couldn’t look nicer (yes, I’m absolutely biased 😂).

4F7BC454-7D80-4E71-A4DC-4420FD018763.jpeg

Thanks for sharing these. Someone’s gotta stay on top of things 😉

CDs literally just arrived and are available thru the shop. Will put something out about it soon. They look REALLY nice in hand. Went with a matte finish on the jacket and it honestly couldn’t look nicer (yes, I’m absolutely biased 😂).

View attachment 87219

Since Alain is such a fan of The Edges Are No Longer Parallel, please convince him to release that as his next cover single. ;)

Since Alain is such a fan of The Edges Are No Longer Parallel, please convince him to release that as his next cover single. ;)
Honestly, as you know, it wouldn’t take much arm-twisting. I’m sure he’d love to do a proper version of it, but it will have to wait as things are already in place for the next release. Will pass it on… maybe it could be a b-side down the road!

Honestly, as you know, it wouldn’t take much arm-twisting. I’m sure he’d love to do a proper version of it, but it will have to wait as things are already in place for the next release. Will pass it on… maybe it could be a b-side down the road!

My only mistake is I'm hoping.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom