Alain Whyte: "Nothing Lasts Forever" (Due December 14, 2022)

Screenshot_20221207-010147.png

alainwhytemusic-07122022-0001.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-010008~2.png

Update:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
You sure ?

I heard he did the demos with Ian ?
This song and lp was meant to be ian and johnny ?
Maybe I'm wrong though

Ian doesn't mention it on the video, he says the songs were for the Electrafixion album but another poster said Nothing Lasts Forever was one of the songs Johnny wrote with Ian though?

Last edited:
It's necessary because he wants to do it. Yes, write songs for Morrissey... and maybe we'll get to hear them in 5 years. I'm glad Alain is back with Morrissey... but I'm also glad he still doing his own thing and releasing music.

Frankly, I would be rather disappointed if Alain's renewed partnership with M upended the apple cart for any future recordings with Cobrin, Day and Gannon. I really would like to hear some full band recordings with them all working (in part or in whole) in the same room.

Ian doesn't mention it on the video, he says the songs were for the Electrafixion album but another poster thinks, another poster said Nothing Lasts Forever was one of the songs Johnny wrote with Ian though?
I'm not sure now -without wishing to get the f***ing violin strings out . The first wife was in hospital when the press about johnny and Ian was out.
So it's kinda mushy peas in the brain .
But I just remembered Ian being interviewed and alluding to the event or johnny canny fecking remember now

Something about them two recording and something about "demos going missing "

No time to read this thread (and this may be common knowledge) but ...
- I think Alain has actually co-written quite a few of McCulloch's solo songs (some of which were offered to Morrissey first)
- Johnny Marr co-wrote the Echo Bunnymen/Spice Girls world cup collaboration (which admittedly was a bit rubbish) but I seem to remember him complaining that he hadn't been credited?

I'm not sure now -without wishing to get the f***ing violin strings out . The first wife was in hospital when the press about johnny and Ian was out.
So it's kinda mushy peas in the brain .
But I just remembered Ian being interviewed and alluding to the event or johnny canny fecking remember now

Something about them two recording and something about "demos going missing "

Yes he talks about that in the video above

No time to read this thread (and this may be common knowledge) but ...
- I think Alain has actually co-written quite a few of McCulloch's solo songs (some of which were offered to Morrissey first)
- Johnny Marr co-wrote the Echo Bunnymen/Spice Girls world cup collaboration (which admittedly was a bit rubbish) but I seem to remember him complaining that he hadn't been credited?
No it wasnt that . I think he would be happy not to get credited for that .lol

Ah Good shout re Alain and Ian . I didn't have a Scooby about that one .
Ta mate .

Frankly, I would be rather disappointed if Alain's renewed partnership with M upended the apple cart for any future recordings with Cobrin, Day and Gannon. I really would like to hear some full band recordings with them all working (in part or in whole) in the same room.
I know what you mean .
Imagine that band with Ian singing . Mega .

No not until just now!!
It's kinda crazy As Ian is savage about M any chance he gets . So it's cool that M let's it fly and still works with Alain

I tell ya what . M gets a lot of shit for being a c*** .
But he is good to his friends and fam
I mean we know Sam is shite . He keeps him around . He helps his cousins out , who ain't that bright .
He is friends with Linder even refusing to be in 24 hr party people as they made her out to be a bit of Manchester bike .
He helps James , even though he rarely spends time with him and who, let's be honest , is a bit of a loser and , from what I hear speaks smack about him, while playing the M is my besty card at any and every opportunity. It's cause of M that Raymond got signed . It's cause of M his autobiography sells. M even covered the Raymond song to help James out .
I actually think M is very misunderstood and loyal .
That's from what I have seen and heard .

It's kinda crazy As Ian is savage about M any chance he gets . So it's cool that M let's it fly and still works with Alain

I tell ya what . M gets a lot of shit for being a c*** .
But he is good to his friends and fam
I mean we know Sam is shite . He keeps him around . He helps his cousins out , who ain't that bright .
He is friends with Linder even refusing to be in 24 hr party people as they made her out to be a bit of Manchester bike .
He helps James , even though he rarely spends time with him and who, let's be honest , is a bit of a loser and , from what I hear speaks smack about him, while playing the M is my besty card at any and every opportunity. It's cause of M that Raymond got signed . It's cause of M his autobiography sells. M even covered the Raymond song to help James out .
I actually think M is very misunderstood and loyal .
That's from what I have seen and heard .

Or maybe it's that they know too much about Moz and he needs to keep them loyal.

I heard AWs version
It's really quite good . Is he gonna do his own mini tour ?

I guess not if he's in France with M
He'll be pleased to hear that. As previously noted, it's a song tailored for his vocals and he nails it. Even made some very, very minor,( but noticeable) changes to the song that in my opinion actually improve on the original. Clearly I can't escape total bias, but I feel AW's version is every bit as good as the original and am convinced most will appreciate the effort. They may not prefer it, but will respect it. We'll know soon enough!

Funny Ian story
I was with mate and went to see Ian at a show in Brighton
Anyway this dude is
a real M look alike , like he's cloned or something, f***ing crazy
He's also weird like M is.
So my my friend goes to go to the bog and Ian
Clocks him, waits for him to be out of earshot and starts to take the piss. Then goes on to tell his M story about that interview they did in the 80s
The dude I'm with comes back in the room and people are giggling
My mate asks what happened. I tell him and he says " just going to the bar "
And doesn't come back (he always f***ing did that trick when he's was f***ed off ) . Anyway I go to leave and the dude is stood outside with the ex wife of the singer of Gene (I know it's her as I worked on the Fighting Fit video , she was in it .)

Later I goto another pub and the wife from Gene and her mate are sat down with Ian getting twated
Crazy place is Brighton

In defence of my mate I should say , he's shy and that stuff always happened. We went to Russ Brand together in Brighton and Russ clocks him straight away includes my mate in the show .
My mate sat there and said nothing the whole time .
Then he did his famous "just going to the bar " trick again .lol

Getting back to the Ian gig , a fight nearly broke out as Ian was too pissed to sing the songs . Lol

Fear not. It will happen in time :)
It was something that was addressed as a possible concern at the beginning. It was decided there is no reason both can't take place simultaneously with some flexibility. AW sincerely loves playing with M and the band and is looking forward to recording the songs Moz has written to that he submitted. It won't happen this year, obviously, but the fellas are currently working on adding finishing touches on the tracks for the 4th solo EP. After that, the plan is to issue a full length, perhaps featuring some of the highlights from the EP's as well as new material recorded with Gaz, Spennie and Craig. The solo effort is still happening (albeit a bit behind the scenes), and M is the priority and has AW's complete dedication, but the solo work is also moving forward. There is no direct conflict that can't be sorted.

Hey did you know Alain and Ian wrote ?
This isn't technically, correct. It probably springs from the fact that AW wrote music he felt Ian would be able to write/sing to, but nothing came of it. I inquired just to be sure and it was confirmed that he hasn't written with Mac, credited or uncredited. It would be interesting, though.

This isn't technically, correct. It probably springs from the fact that AW wrote music he felt Ian would be able to write/sing to, but nothing came of it. I inquired just to be sure and it was confirmed that he hasn't written with Mac, credited or uncredited. It would be interesting, though.
Apols - I did say I *thought* Alain had written with Ian McC.
Here's the quote from Alain's YouTube channel:
"A Higher Power was originally offered up to both Morrissey and Ian McCulloch. As fortune would have it, they chose not to write to it and it gained new life and became this track".

Apols - I did say I *thought* Alain had written with Ian McC.
Here's the quote from Alain's YouTube channel:
"A Higher Power was originally offered up to both Morrissey and Ian McCulloch. As fortune would have it, they chose not to write to it and it gained new life and became this track".

No apologies needed, of course! Was just making sure no one came away from the discussion thinking there were claims AW had worked directly with Mac. Certainly wasn’t cracking down on you 😊
That YouTube excerpt is correct.

Just downloaded it: great cover and executed with obvious love for the original.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom