Alain Whyte: "Nothing Lasts Forever" (Due December 14, 2022)

Screenshot_20221207-010147.png

alainwhytemusic-07122022-0001.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-010008~2.png

Update:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Thank you...I appreciate the kind words. :)
And yes, @Sven68 totally inspired by the original. It just made sense being a cover version. An homage in every way.
Why can Alain put out a CD-Single and Morrissey is not ?
Would you risk it (an answer) fo a biscuit, Daring Neuer ? :)

Last edited:
Wasn’t this the tune that Johnny Marr co-wrote with Mac and then let them have it without credit to not detract from their reunion? Or was it I Want To Be There?
Yes, the whole LP In fact
The story goes. Johnny wrote it with Ian and then the tapes "went missing" suddenly Mac and the boys release the lp as Echo and the Bunnymen. Poor old M, he writes his Johnny open letter. Then his new lp has , yet another johnny rip song (rebel) and now his band mate is covering a song written by johnny and song by a singer who often calls him a "c***" .

The story goes. Johnny wrote it with Ian and then the tapes "went missing" suddenly Mac and the boys release the lp as Echo and the Bunnymen. Poor old M, he writes his Johnny open letter. Then his new lp has , yet another johnny rip song (rebel) and now his band mate is covering a song written by johnny and song by a singer who often calls him a "c***" .

It was for the Electrafixion album - Ian talks about what happened here at 1.54

What a lost gem that album must be. Seems unlikely... but maybe those "lost" or "stolen" tapes will resurface.

Johnny wasn't involved with the original song.

Johnny wasn't involved with the original song.
As far as an know, 4 songs from the aborted Marr\McCollough album were re-recorded, none of the new versions feature Marr playing

Lowdown and Too Far Gone (Electrafixtion self titled LP)
Nothing Lasts Forever
How Does It Feel To Be On Top Of The World (World Cup all star singke)

Why can Alain put out a CD-Single and Morrissey is not ?
Would you risk it (an answer) fo a biscuit, Daring Neuer ? :)
Certainly can't speak for M, but it would seem there are multiple reasons. Many of which have been discussed and speculated upon here. Logistically speaking, there are far more cogs in the "Morrissey" wheel and when one of them is even slightly off, it can cause things to grind to a halt. I suspect that is at least part of what has gone on. Alain doesn't have this issue because things are much more streamlined and to be frank, the scale of operations is considerably smaller. There are only 1-3 people at one time involved in the decision making process for the most part. Those involved in production have all been great with us and very accommodating (especially when other artists in the industry have endured excruciatingly long production turnaround times and complications).
Again, pure speculation... and I think others here have suggested the same, I do think M likes the prestige of the "Major Label". There's nothing wrong with that, but it does limit his options. His fan base is strong enough that he could do the self-release if he wanted. Surely, he must know a person (or 500) with the knowledge and ability to handle such things. If I/we can do it, (when I'm lucky if I can make a sandwich), it's clearly not THAT hard. I do think it's possible he'll warm to the concept at some point. If he does, he should embrace it, though and not see it as some sort of necessity or consolation. Maybe the next record with the Alain co-writes? He's only an email away if he wants to ask him for info.
Anyway, as noted, I know nothing and can only give perspective based on our experiences and what we do. The rest is conjecture and one may have a better chance guessing the lottery numbers for Tuesday ;)

Maybe M likes the song.

So Alain can't like or cover music that might upset Morrissey. Are there approved lists?

Yes Alain is a good guy and all, but why is this necessary? There's no reason for this. Write songs for M and whoever else and play the geetar. No singing please.

Yes Alain is a good guy and all, but why is this necessary? There's no reason for this. Write songs for M and whoever else and play the geetar. No singing please.
It's necessary because he wants to do it. Yes, write songs for Morrissey... and maybe we'll get to hear them in 5 years. I'm glad Alain is back with Morrissey... but I'm also glad he still doing his own thing and releasing music.

It's necessary because he wants to do it. Yes, write songs for Morrissey... and maybe we'll get to hear them in 5 years. I'm glad Alain is back with Morrissey... but I'm also glad he still doing his own thing and releasing music.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Alain's version.

Not a fan of Alain’s solo work. but I’m glad and hope he continues to release his own music while working with Morrissey, I just think it’s healthier for Alain, that outlet of expression.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom