Alain Whyte FB: reminisces about TV appearances (October 15 -> ongoing)

I love Alain, and respect his work, but, without wanting to sound mean, who really cares about yet another musician changing on the carousel that stands behind that guy from the Smiths when he does live shows? Us weird lot on this sordid grief hole of a website care, but the mainstream media don't.
The mainstream media do not and will not ever care about Moz. At least not anytime soon. Even though he wasn’t technically canceled. His views of things he has said in the past have been received very negatively by the cancel culture vultures. So it makes perfect sense to me that the cancel culture media of today won’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

I’m guessing Morrissey accepted songs from him with the intention or hope from Alain that they will be on the album (not yet recorded) after Bonfire. And Alain is looking forward to that, as we all are.

They won't let me read these Al messages.
Is he sayin' Moz started work on a new record?

They won't let me read these Al messages.
Is he sayin' Moz started work on a new record?

nope. Al’s just going on about his past TV appearances with M.

I’m guessing Morrissey accepted songs from him with the intention or hope from Alain that they will be on the album (not yet recorded) after Bonfire. And Alain is looking forward to that, as we all are.
It’s the one after that one that I’m particularly looking forward to.

I love Alain, and respect his work, but, without wanting to sound mean, who really cares about yet another musician changing on the carousel that stands behind that guy from the Smiths when he does live shows? Us weird lot on this sordid grief hole of a website care, but the mainstream media don't.
Sordid grief hole. I love that description. Great name for an album.

I'm not the biggest A Whyte fan (like quite a few of his songs but prefer the Street/Bona Drag era) but he has written more songs with Morrissey than anyone else including Marr, including the majority of the songs on his two most acclaimed albums (Your Arsenal and Vauxhall) so I'd say this news is a bit more than just another musician joining the band. But not surprised at lack of media. He isn't all that well known, even in the indie world.

Last edited:

Screenshot_20211020-181444~2.png

Screenshot_20211021-181756~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Alain is really good at entertaining us.
Remember those Safe at home sessions from last year.
Glad you (and seemingly many others) liked them so much! I’d suggest if anyone would be interested in a maybe a couple more, he could be gently persuaded 😉

Screenshot_20211022-172313~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Screenshot_20211023-142412~2.png

(Different video source used as Alain's link does not allow off site viewing - see FB post for his link).

Regards,
FWD.

Screenshot_20211025-163736~2.png

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom