Alain Whyte Demos

Right - here you go - let me know if the links work. Also, let me (and Alain) know what you think of the songs - as I said, for me Misfortune is a standout, and enjoy Alain channeling Elvis on That's Alright Mama. If the link itself doesn't click, then right-click and save-as.

Spot on - working fine :thumb:
FWD.

Right - here you go - let me know if the links work. Also, let me (and Alain) know what you think of the songs - as I said, for me Misfortune is a standout, and enjoy Alain channeling Elvis on That's Alright Mama. If the link itself doesn't click, then right-click and save-as.

Ahhh, lovely. Just like old times. On behalf of all us old-school Mozheads, thanks. These’ll take pride of place upon the iPod.

Thanks Uncle. That adds to my Alain Whyte Collection of the 2 current EPs and Live At The Hotel Café.

Nawe. An acknowledgment that I don’t give a shit.
Oh but you do, duck. Oh, but you so very do. Because if you didn’t, why give a reply that’s effectively confirming so? You need to lay off the steroid cream, kid. You’re just too thinned-skinned by half. :cool:

Alongside @Famous when dead, dear old @Uncleskinny has always been one of the main go to guys for assorted Smiths/Moz rarities from way back when. Thanks, Peter. You’re very much appreciated for your contributions to the site, in spite of what the haters say. ;-)

OK, I found them all, just going to upload. As I recall, some songs were repurposed for the Setting Fires project with Matt Devine.

May take a few more moments, but here's the list - there's 15 of them.. He has an ear for a sweet melody, and a great pop sensibility.

And, may I say, they're all excellent, Misfortune is particularly terrific, but his take on That's Alright Mama...*chef's kiss*

F1haO6q.png
Thank you very much! I’ll download this evening! I appreciate this!

Oh but you do, duck. Oh, but you so very do. Because if you didn’t, why give a reply that’s effectively confirming so? You need to lay off the steroid cream, kid. You’re just too thinned-skinned by half. :cool:

Oh but oh but oh but. f*** off.
I’m increasing my post count and nothing more.

WOWE! These are incredible. Talk about a time machine taking you back to the “good old days”
I can nearly hear Moz singing over these brilliant,
masterclass demo tracks.
Such a shame the magic of the Morrissey/Whyte
collab never happened with any of these.

My fav upon first listens is: “Sideways”

Thank you @Uncleskinny seriously, thank you.

Please let Alain know how top notch these are.

Sincerely,
your American pal since the late 90’s

Thanks, Mammy Two Shoes (and Alain).

Back
Top Bottom