Alain Whyte & Band: "Tell Me" - 'lockdown' version premiered (August 5, 2020)

anyone watching?

Tell Me is the next single to be released by Alain Whyte and both the video and song feature the debut of current band members (some of whom he’s worked with in the past in various bands. Most notably, Morrissey), Gary Day, Spencer Cobrin and Craig Gannon. Guesting on violin is Sophie Loyer.

The video/song was recorded both in the US and the UK during the era of COVID-19 as a lockdown offering. The song will be the lead track and featured single on the Tell Me EP. The release date is TBD.
Please leave comments and share if it suits. Always appreciated!
**SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel while you're here (please). Thanks :)

http://www.alainwhytemusic.com

IG:
http://www.instagram.com/alainwhytemusic

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/alainwhytemusic

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/alainwhytemusic

AppleMusic:

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/ala
Spotify:
https://spoti.fi/3cuOq9w

Tell Me is ©2020 ALSDEN Recordings/AlainWhyteMusic.
℗Barrowgang Publishing

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, first of all. This is about Alain, Gary, Spencer, Craig, and Sophie. This has nothing to do with Morrissey. Yes, there's the whole "oh yeah they were in Morrissey's band" — but let's recognize how great this song is and how nice it is to see the lads back together.

Great song!

I can't wait to be able to purchase it.

Was I the first person to find out only today that an album's worth of Morrissey/Gannon songs were written back in 89/90? Is that in Mozipedia?
Yes, it's in Mozipedia - just not expressed as 'an album's worth'. The court case being the root issue that would see his submissions ignored.
Regards,
FWD.

Was I the first person to find out only today that an album's worth of Morrissey/Gannon songs were written back in 89/90? Is that in Mozipedia?

Here's the bit about him writing for Morrissey:

"His final appearance with Morrissey was miming to ‘Playboys’ on TOP OF THE POPS in February 1989, by which time Gannon was already submitting original music to the singer in the hope of being accepted as a new co-writer. ‘Morrissey started asking me for song ideas so I started doing bits of writing,’ he explains. ‘He really liked them and said that he wanted to start recording so I was hoping it was gonna be a continuous thing. In my mind things were going really well, he seemed really into it. Until I got a letter from him which said something along the lines of, “Things are looking good and I’m looking forward to working with you. The only thing is if you want to keep on doing this with me then you’ve got to drop your court case.” I wanted to work with him but I wasn’t going to drop the case out of principle. As far as I’m aware, Andy and Mike were told the same thing about their court cases. I think he knew I was going to win the case and that he didn’t have a leg to stand on. But he had to say that really.’"

Probably lost in the other thread, but another Alain interview this Sunday on Boogaloo Radio:

His previous one was good and I'm sure anyone interested in the new band will get more details.
Regards,
FWD.

Here's the bit about him writing for Morrissey:

"His final appearance with Morrissey was miming to ‘Playboys’ on TOP OF THE POPS in February 1989, by which time Gannon was already submitting original music to the singer in the hope of being accepted as a new co-writer. ‘Morrissey started asking me for song ideas so I started doing bits of writing,’ he explains. ‘He really liked them and said that he wanted to start recording so I was hoping it was gonna be a continuous thing. In my mind things were going really well, he seemed really into it. Until I got a letter from him which said something along the lines of, “Things are looking good and I’m looking forward to working with you. The only thing is if you want to keep on doing this with me then you’ve got to drop your court case.” I wanted to work with him but I wasn’t going to drop the case out of principle. As far as I’m aware, Andy and Mike were told the same thing about their court cases. I think he knew I was going to win the case and that he didn’t have a leg to stand on. But he had to say that really.’"

Which doesn't indicate that any Morrissey/Gannon songs were actually written.

A nice tune from Alain and solid musicianship from all of the guys.

The lyrics and vocals are not too impressive, but also not awful.

They are obviously hoping that the Morrissey connection will lead to this getting more attention, but they couldn't have picked a worse time really...

Which doesn't indicate that any Morrissey/Gannon songs were actually written.

"Morrissey started asking me for song ideas so I started doing bits of writing,’ he explains. ‘He really liked them and said that he wanted to start recording so I was hoping it was gonna be a continuous thing. In my mind things were going really well, he seemed really into it."

"Morrissey started asking me for song ideas so I started doing bits of writing,’ he explains. ‘He really liked them and said that he wanted to start recording so I was hoping it was gonna be a continuous thing. In my mind things were going really well, he seemed really into it."

Exactly, but no mention of Morrissey giving them titles or actually adding any lyrics?

Exactly, but no mention of Morrissey giving them titles or actually adding any lyrics?
Well, it's only speculation but if he said he wanted to start recording he'd probably written something already.

🤒

say it aint so, this twat wanted to rubber off moz too? AND sue him?:lbf:
what a morooon. everybody loves to work and give money by writing songs with twats that sue them.:lbf:
it seems like the entire dole queue wants to rubber off Moz. they should put a photo of him on the dole office wall FFS:mad:

not one wanted to 'write songs'with LePew. Comet music wont pay for a pint.:blushing:

Bravo Lads :clap:
Well done and good look going forward.

Steven! You have been SACKED:ahhh::laughing: You are no longer relevant, thanks for nothing and I wish you the absolute worst for the future.

🇬🇧:knife:

Okay, first of all. This is about Alain, Gary, Spencer, Craig, and Sophie. This has nothing to do with Morrissey. Yes, there's the whole "oh yeah they were in Morrissey's band" — but let's recognize how great this song is and how nice it is to see the lads back together.

Great song!

I can't wait to be able to purchase it.
Too right. And let's remember that these guys were in a band together well before Morrissey ever met them, and to add to that he was very lucky to have met them. The good fortune goes both ways.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom