Alain Whyte and Gary Day reminisce about "Your Arsenal" on Facebook

Re: Alain Whyte on Facebook today

Gary posted the same video today with his own lovely reminiscence.

https://www.facebook.com/shakey.lavonne/posts/375674495974984

aubaOBL.png

Appears they're on good terms so that's a positive!

Don't know if they are on good terms but this post from Gaz shows a quite positive and relaxed attitude towards Moz. Maybe, despite past arguments and disappointments, the people who worked with or knew Moz felt a bit sympathetic to him the last couple of years. Some of them move in the same circles from time to time. I'm sure they all heard a bit more things about certain events than the general public and the fans.

"Yeah they were amazing shows during that period Coulter and most definitely great times! It looks like (from what I have seen and heard) the shows now are really good and I for one am glad for Morrissey, he is one amazing singer/performer."

I'm sure Kewpie will correct me and post a link from 5 years ago..but didn't Gaz's wife have a baby, and he took time off to be with his family. Solomon was brought in as a back-up and Gaz never got a call back.
Thanks Det. Anyone know why Gary left the band in 2007? Appears they're on good terms so that's a positive!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sure Kewpie will correct me and post a link from 5 years ago..but didn't Gaz's wife have a baby, and he took time off to be with his family. Solomon was brought in as a back-up and Gaz never got a call back.

That's what I remember too.

They are just f***ing desperate, they all bitch and take the piss out of moz behind his back then make these I love moz type updates.
Most people thought Alain was shit at the time. Its only because Jesse is so bad that we miss him. If Bernard Butler would have joined as moz wanted nobody would give a cock about him. The new moz army are thick as f***

Alain is and always was a class act. Love him.

Lets be honest..Benard Butler is a once in a generation guitar player.

They are just f***ing desperate, they all bitch and take the piss out of moz behind his back then make these I love moz type updates.
Most people thought Alain was shit at the time. Its only because Jesse is so bad that we miss him. If Bernard Butler would have joined as moz wanted nobody would give a cock about him. The new moz army are thick as f***

I imagine it's how it was with Johnny; once you're away from the intensity and demand of being around Morrissey for so long, you're able to look back at it and him with respect and understanding. Boz is really the only outlier in the story; and I really don't suspect it's that he's as much of a 'yes-man' as people say. Outside Morrissey, he does what he likes and doesn't care what people think of it (see Happy Martyr). The guy's a professional and no pushover.

If Bernard Butler would have joined as moz wanted nobody would give a cock about him.

Hmmm, I consider myself fairly well versed in the Morrissey story ... but never heard about Moz approaching Butler. I think the combination would have been mind blowing though perhaps not sustainable.

Anyone in the know, please post details.

Hmmm, I consider myself fairly well versed in the Morrissey story ... but never heard about Moz approaching Butler. I think the combination would have been mind blowing though perhaps not sustainable.

Anyone in the know, please post details.

I've never heard Moz approaching Butler either -- I think it was mostly chatter among fans, but the final consensus is that they both have big egos and when you're in a band with Morrissey, the only ego that counts is Morrssey's.

I agree with what you've said about Alain and Jesse (and i don't even like Jesse)

Would love to see these guys back in the band. Spencer, too. Morrissey has released some great songs since their departure, but nothing as great as back in the day.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom