Alain plays "Hold On To Your Friends"; interview on "Breakfast with The Smiths" radio show (Dec. 26)

Famous when dead posted the link:

BREAKFAST WITH ALAIN WHYTE (AND THE SMITHS)! - Alain Whyte blog

Alain just did an interview with Jose Maldonado for his “Breakfast with The Smiths” radio show on The Independent FM. Played a couple of tunes, discussed the new record, “The Experiment" EP” and recounted a story or two from the time spent with The Lads writing and touring with Morrissey. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday (Dec. 26th) at 8am Pacific/[corrected: 4pm Uk time].

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
boz would try to instruct him the proper chords to play:guitar: but he would still f it up. boz practically had to school him onstage.:eek:

Handwritten and signed lyric sheets of The Experiment can be purchased on Alain's website for only $50. For $55 Alain will come to your house and sing.

holiday sale:

signed handwritten lyric sheets one usa dollar
not signed and tore up in a thousand pieces 5 usa dollars.:thumb:

People are such simpletons.

Why compare ?

Why feel ‘loss’ ?

Why choose one over the other?

Why invent conflict?

Why see songs as better or worse, why not see
past and present work as different and enjoy those differences?

We should all just be grateful to be alive at the same time as this great artist and enjoy all that he offers.

Or don’t, and find a site dedicated to an artist
that one DOES enjoy.
Is there a WTF button?

People are such simpletons.

Why compare ?

Why feel ‘loss’ ?

Why choose one over the other?

Why invent conflict?

Why see songs as better or worse, why not see
past and present work as different and enjoy those differences?

We should all just be grateful to be alive at the same time as this great artist and enjoy all that he offers.

Or don’t, and find a site dedicated to an artist
that one DOES enjoy.
I don't feel loss. I enjoy all Moz albums, as I already said. Pardon me for having an opinion that doesn't match yours. I rate Alain over any other guitarist in Moz's band since Alain left. That doesn't make me a crying simpleton inventing conflict.

Alain twat would get nervous and commence to shake on stage, making a spectacle of himself.:lbf:

So what! It brought a raw energy that the current band will never be able to recreate. Their attitude and style is something that will always be truly missed and looked fondly upon. No need for studio musicians during that era!

Great listening to you Alain! Excellent job on all your solo material and can't wait to meet you tomorrow at Kaos!

I reckon the feud between Al and the real California Son is heating up m8. The city of Altadena is having "Al White Day" on Friday at Loma Alta Park and they are also giving Blob an official "citizen of Altadena" certificate too. Look for it to be posted on Lynn's twitter soon. I reckon there will be free California Burritos, french fries, and root beer floats for the first 50 people who show up AND don't ask Al where Uncle Steve lives in Malibu because he doesn't know anyway inn nn nnnn n n nn n din't in nn n n it .

Last edited:
Totally agree. But the lyrics also sound very un-Moz, since they are so warm and happy. They sound like they come from a happy period in his life, from a time when he actually had friends. It sounds like a warning to himself -- a one he didn't listen to.

Amen, You know of what you speak. Alain certainly doesn't hold onto his friends.

I don't feel loss. I enjoy all Moz albums, as I already said. Pardon me for having an opinion that doesn't match yours. I rate Alain over any other guitarist in Moz's band since Alain left. That doesn't make me a crying simpleton inventing conflict.

WTF ? :crazy:

;)

:rolleyes:
WTF?? yes you did you said it was a MASSIVE LOSSo_O

I have a hard time considering being done with Alain twat a 'massive loss', he would
have the shakes onstage and start sweating profusely.o_O

WTF?? yes you did you said it was a MASSIVE LOSSo_O

I have a hard time considering being done with Alain twat a 'massive loss', he would
have the shakes onstage and start sweating profusely.o_O
A massive loss to Moz's quality of songs. Not a personal loss to me. Moz isn't the only artist I listen to. If he retired tonight I wouldn't have a nervous breakdown. I hope he keeps going for years.

Jesse gets a lot of heat but Gustavo has had an even worse impact on Morrissey music. He has completely declawed the music and at times makes them sound like a third rate mariachi band. Dislike his voice too.

Hope the Gustavo-Nando -Jesse watched that video. They will never appproach Alain and its sensitivity while playing

A massive loss to Moz's quality of songs. Not a personal loss to me. Moz isn't the only artist I listen to. If he retired tonight I wouldn't have a nervous breakdown. I hope he keeps going for years.

i never seen any massive loss of quality to moz songs.
must be in your mind.:rolleyes:

i never seen any massive loss of quality to moz songs.
must be in your mind.:rolleyes:
Did you type that while sitting on a bus that was slowly sinking into a river? Next year ask Santa for an audio book on grammar. I assume you can't read too well without nice colourful pictures.

We haven't lost the recordings, no, which is a blessing. But I think Morrissey's band lost something when it lost Alain's musicianship, which is a shame for him and us. That's my view, anyway.
Have a lovely Christmas yourself, Irish Hare.

Credit where it's due, Alain wrote a handful of well crafted gems including this one.
But he wrote a depressingly vast quantity of chug-rock filler.
Think of a dull, plodding Morrissey pop song between 1995 and 2010 (and there are so many to choose from) and the music will probably have been written by Alain Whyte.
The Joe Chicarelli era is massively more musically adventurous and interesting - some songs are even guitar-free. Unthinkable in the previous 15 year chug-rock era. Amazingly, the main problem these days is Morrissey's frequently awful lyrics - who saw that coming?

Did you type that while sitting on a bus that was slowly sinking into a river? Next year ask Santa for an audio book on grammar. I assume you can't read too well without nice colourful pictures.

i think that if your mind notices a MASSIVE :rolleyes: LOSS of quality to Moz songs, where there obviously is none, you may need carrot pills:crazy:

i mean going around seeing MASSIVE LOSSES is a condition.:nomouth:

Funny - watching this you'd say Alain is a pretty good singer (or at least good enough).
So much better than that video he posted the other day where he kept trying to say big stuff, strain for difficult notes etc, and move around awkwardly without a guitar.
Hope he does some dates - would like to see him do the old Morrissey songs in this stripped down way.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom